Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you have an idea for future weapons?

Seventhwolf

Also to the person that talked about possibly adding nonsensical or silly weapons to a game. One that did this and was quite successful was the Phantasy Star Online/Universe franchise. And using said weapons was often quite fun for the look of it and many times the sound effects the weapons made when used.

UT Shock Rifle as a Latorn alternative would be really nice.

And a real Gyrojet rifle, adding fire damage to Boltos just doesn't cut anymore. It would be a nice Sniper alternative; slow reload low ammo pool and make trash mob do their electirified dance and explode.

Watching the series finale of the show Fringe, there was a snippet of dialogue that just made me laugh and think of this game.

Spoilered it just in case anyone here watches the show and hasnt seen it yet. Not a big plot thing, but still amusing.

"Anti gravity osmium bullets. Shoot observers with these and watch them float away like balloons"

"If we shoot them they're dead, why do we want them to float away?"

"Because it's cool"

Well he was right, it would be cool.

1. high-tech Bow and Arrow

2. Laser gatling gun ( think the laser gatling from Fallout series)

3. 50 cal sniper rifle

4. Perhaps an energy sword?

5. Cloud/Sephiroth style blade ( I'd gladly pay for that)

6.Shoulder mounted rocket? I'd like that and pay for it too

7. Shoulder mounted Gatling gun ( like War Machine from Iron Man)

8. Single shot rate of Fire rifle, like the FAL or DMR.

9. Rail Gun

10. Kusarigama "Chain and sickle". I am probably one of the few that loved the way it was used in Ninja Gaiden 2.

Some kind of lightning gun with continuos beam of electricity. I'm not ure if it fits the game but I sure do want to just fry enemies with lightning at short range. Possibly with extra damage to grineer or robots. Oh and gun shooting sawblades!

How about an automatic gun with 100 base clip capacity and shoots slowly at first but after a while it shoots really fast?

But srsly. I think a primary that has about 2 shots per magazine (or whatever it will be) that stuns things for a second or two temporarily. So something like a syringe/dart gun. I think it'll add some effectiveness to hacking and slashing, right?

I would like to see a lance type weapon added to the game. You could make the basic attacks and the sliding attack wide swings, the charge attack a thrust, and the jumping attack a ground stab that creates an aoe.

I'd also like to see a high explosive ranged weapon like a rocket launcher or something that has a small aoe effect on impact.

I am a MASSIVE fan of spears in games.

So please.

Gimmie a spear-like weapon, so I can polish it with the blood of my enemies. :)

To be honest, ANY polearm would do, plus it would fit the aesthetic more than the Hammer does (as much as I love it, it's so very out of place).

Top 5 personal wish list (in order)

1. Scythe; a heavy wepon using the same animations as the axe and the hammer or maybe have it's own animations(?)

2. Hatchet; a small one handed axe

3. Lance; using all thrusting attacks, able to hit multiple enemies, with a charge attack that lets you run with it pointed out to attack enemies as you run

4. Grenade Pistol; a sidearm that fires grenades. One shot per clip (until upgraded)

5. (idea from Azure98) Compression gun

Stop bringing other games to this. So far, WAARFRAME is unique as it is. Ratchet&Clank, DMC series, FF!?!?!?

Seriously? What next, Mario Warframes? Lightsabers? Buster swords?

i can bring any ideas i want to!!! no useful contribution or idea but wanna close other ppl mouth you are funny dude but a waste of time at all ;)

i guess you cant read or just didnt read what i wrote that all should be example, inspiration i didnt said implemented how it its.

Spears are good... it's been the go-to weapon for 99.999% of humanity's existence! Or any spear variants, like the glaive, naginata, etc.

Bows too! Those are probably the #2 go-to weapon for 99.999% of human history. :)

More dual-weilding would be good. Look at Chinese history and legend - those guys would dual-weild just about anything!

Seconding the chain weapons too (no, not chainsaw, chain), like the kusari-gama or meteor hammer. Not sure how easy those are to implement though. XD

Hand-blades (certain Marvel character style) or finger-blades (hey Molly from Neuromancer). Or really any sort of body-mounted blades for acrobatic slicing action.

BHEE (beam of high-energy electrons) rifle - why put holes in your target when you can electrocute, light on fire, AND put holes in it instead!

Trap-style weapons, eg. caltrops, claymore mines.

Monofilament (sci-fi style, not IRL style) garotte or whip for your silent dismembering pleasure.

Monofilament trap-style weapons, eg. a mine that spits out a huge snarl of horrible molecule-thin wire for crowds, or even a single strand across a corridor at knee or neck level (one victim only before it breaks, to be fair)... <___<

Edited by Qeveren

gatling gun with spool up period with a massive clip very high rate of fire and good damage. speed and agility affected while using it especially when firing great for mobs and bosses and a upgrade to fire expolisve shells.

Edited by MadMule