Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did mods take a huge nerfbat to the face?

Enfo

After the recent patch, am i the only one to only find completely useless mods?

Been running around 100 maps only to find mods that were really underwhelming and not useful at all..

Am i the only one?

Atleast, before the update i would find atleast 1-4 a day that were actually useful. Now i find nothing but low % or bad affixes on them..

Pretty much removes the urge to go farm for mods since all you get is crap...

My warframe is currently rank 28 and I just completed earth (a lvl 15-26 area). Out of my last 30 (conservative estimate) warframe mods, I've received +%armor on all but two of them. Throughout all of earth I kept getting ridiculous amounts of rank 1 shotgun mods with +2% damage mods.

It doesn't make any sense.

My warframe is currently rank 28 and I just completed earth (a lvl 15-26 area). Out of my last 30 (conservative estimate) warframe mods, I've received +%armor on all but two of them. Throughout all of earth I kept getting ridiculous amounts of rank 1 shotgun mods with +2% damage mods.

It doesn't make any sense.

Rewards scale to your items rank

If you have lato rank 5 and shotgun rank 30 like me:P and you get mod from each from missions

you will be getting pistol mod whos 4-6 rank , and shotgun mod rank 27-30

its actualy nice idea atleast you get "stuff on your level"

Good to know, but then my question changes; why is it giving my rank 1 and 2 shotgun mods when my shotgun is rank 16 (which I didn't have equipped most of earth)?

Does it only drop scaled mods to currently equipped items?

Edited by morgjorg

I do seem to be getting many more low value armor and shield drops at level 30, and not much else. I don't know if it's intentionally balanced this way, but power affecting mods seem much less common than survival type mods. Combination mods seem much more rare recently too, and decent ones rarer still. It wouldn't surprise me if they tweaked the drop rates. Before they were more generous than a lot of single player games.

Rewards scale to your items rank

If you have lato rank 5 and shotgun rank 30 like me:P and you get mod from each from missions

you will be getting pistol mod whos 4-6 rank , and shotgun mod rank 27-30

its actualy nice idea atleast you get "stuff on your level"

um thats not true the rewards are randomly generated I got a hyper dagger mod and i do not have that item at all, 60% of my mods ive farmed are Shotty potty drops also a weapon i do not have, lvl of item drops will be determined by the lvl of the area your in.

As to the topic at hand, very correct indeed the mod drops are awful to say the least. They made sheild and Hp mods for the "Retirement Frames" all flat base points like +12, +32 +20 etc.. instead of the %mods they had in place b4, why keep the armor at a %? Bcuz i have armor and it reaaaally isnt working unless i go back to a loooooow lvl like 10 match...hmm that might just be the mobs being weaker..eh. So yea they need to return the %sheild and % hp mods just increase the mob dmg simple. Dont make the Retirement frames any weaker, make us feel like awesome assassin ninja future war bots armor sprigan things, not just look like it. Also the weapon mods are varying ok i guess i mean other then the mechanic of mixing elements which doenst work u can only have one element on at a time, and what IS armor piercing dmg, i havent seen it effect my dmg as of yet? Dev's plz develop a way we can see these numbers; like our base armor shield hp,etc <---sry off topic but still. DO IT...plz ^_^

Edited by Cozmyth

um thats not true the rewards are randomly generated I got a hyper dagger mod and i do not have that item at all, 60% of my mods ive farmed are Shotty potty drops also a weapon i do not have, lvl of item drops will be determined by the lvl of the area your in.

Yes, that's what he said. The mods you get are random, the rank however is not. It's in the range of the gun you have equipped. IF the mod is of the weapon / weapon type you are using that is.

I've yet to recieve a shotgun mod over level 7 even though my shotgun is level 28

I keep getting low level ones and it really frustrates the hell out of me not being able to find anything anymore...

If you are forced to farm for a month to find atleast 1 decent one it'll turn into one of the most boring grindfest to date...

I've yet to recieve a shotgun mod over level 7 even though my shotgun is level 28

I keep getting low level ones and it really frustrates the hell out of me not being able to find anything anymore...

If you are forced to farm for a month to find atleast 1 decent one it'll turn into one of the most boring grindfest to date...

That really doesn't sound right. Are you actually equipping the shotgun on the missions? I don't think I've ever had a mod drop for an equipped weapon that was more than 2 levels below it, and maybe not even that. This isn't the kind of thing that affects selective players, so I'm thinking your confused or exaggerating.

^ Grinding a random gen drop? sounds fun. I did notice I've been getting a bunch of low percetile armor mods that are level 30 and not much else, though I've still picked up a couple decent weapon mods today.

As to the topic at hand, very correct indeed the mod drops are awful to say the least. They made sheild and Hp mods for the "Retirement Frames" all flat base points like +12, +32 +20 etc.. instead of the %mods they had in place b4, why keep the armor at a %? Bcuz i have armor and it reaaaally isnt working unless i go back to a loooooow lvl like 10 match...hmm that might just be the mobs being weaker..eh. So yea they need to return the %sheild and % hp mods just increase the mob dmg simple. Dont make the Retirement frames any weaker, make us feel like awesome assassin ninja future war bots armor sprigan things, not just look like it.

I liked that change a lot. I knew it had to happen when I was running around with a 15k sheild. I actaully ended up changeing out the shields for a mixed bag of mods so the game still had a challenge.

That really doesn't sound right. Are you actually equipping the shotgun on the missions? I don't think I've ever had a mod drop for an equipped weapon that was more than 2 levels below it, and maybe not even that. This isn't the kind of thing that affects selective players, so I'm thinking your confused or exaggerating.

Why would i say something that is not true around this matter?

I made this thread exactly because of it...

I think armor is the most common mod, and you get mods according to your level as stated above. But I know a guy who hasn't gotten any shield recharge mods until today. So don't give up.

I think mods follow warframes more than weapon equips. I had a level 30 sword equipped but was getting low level mods for it when leveling a new warframe.

I think armor is the most common mod, and you get mods according to your level as stated above. But I know a guy who hasn't gotten any shield recharge mods until today. So don't give up.

I think mods follow warframes more than weapon equips. I had a level 30 sword equipped but was getting low level mods for it when leveling a new warframe.

I've already tested this on 2 different warframes. One level 30 and one level 12. Didn't change anything

I liked that change a lot. I knew it had to happen when I was running around with a 15k sheild. I actaully ended up changeing out the shields for a mixed bag of mods so the game still had a challenge.

15k??? from 5-6 mod slots? wat the?!?

And thts just the thing everyones jumped ship and immeditly abandoned the now epicly usless + 20 or +32 shield cuz its awful. we now have awful useless mods, + MELEE dmg% is more useful then a pittyful +50 shield/ hp but we cant melee becuz BY time u reach ur target ur alrdy dead(Revive much?). Now they've created usless trash items .... Hey not to rant but utilizing a mass of the availabe mods should be a focus, not trying to exploit an "individual" mod. Armor mods..are awful i cant and havent been able to tell they're working or what they do...So they need to revamp that system so everyones not just running around holding hands screaming "Armor% is the BEST RAWR!!" bring back %on shields and hp, so ppl can play with there mods...Harder hitting mobs is what will make the game more challenging for the ppl gettin Giga % shield Mods leading them to these obgosh numbers (15k <---lol shield numbers O.o.) Not forcing the player to HAVE to change his or hers play style to hide behind cover thru every map here on out...tht is Noo Nice!

Edited by Cozmyth