Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Backstory

IamQwerty

Alright, with Volt as my favorite warframe, I thought it would be cool to come up with a backstory for him. I'm not exactly an author, but I had to get this idea out. Let me know what you think. ------IamQwerty

There were many days I felt like I was dying. A few days later, I had convince myself that I was. But after over a year, the feeling of hopelessness died as well and was replaced with a wave of uncertainty. Would I die here at all? Would I have to suffer for an eternity longer?

Scars etched Lichtenberg figures down from my wrist to my chest, etching a permanent reminder of everything I had endured thus far. They called it 'shock treatment.' They came in, and would press copper clamps around my wrist and feet. I was a test subject, and this wasn't a treatment. It was torture.

Again, I had found myself strapped to a table with a light that blinded me as they administered the clamps. Shaking, my hands grabbed the edge of the table; bracing myself as I waited for the shock. Usually, they would have asked my name and other questions, but they had recently stopped, since I had stopped answering. I didn't remember anything anymore, and that was scarier than the 'treatments'. But they made sure to note that memory loss was a common side-effect.

Bvvvvts

The sound of the machine didn't scare me anymore, but it made my scars itch and swell. And as the signal was given, the lights dimmed, and my arms were filled with pain again. And then, the pain stopped, and they noticed this. The sound of the machine got louder as they turned up the voltage. Now, my scars burned. And as I made eye contact with one of them, I broke my arm free, and the energy shot out of my finger tips. One by one, they started hitting the ground as the shock chained from one to the other, until the only thing left in the room was the familiar stench of burned flesh.

Then, the alarms set off, and the chatter of the others went over the radio system. I broke my arms free with strength that surprised me and stood up. My scars pulsed; letting of a distinct color of energy. I was not sure what had happened.

Tsh...zseew, tshh...Hello? I'm glad to see you are alive. You have to get out of there. Now.

I located the woman's voice coming from one of the enemy's radio. I picked it up, and trying to be quiet, whispered, "Who is this?"

The voice was quiet and for a while, said nothing. But right before I had given up on a response it answered.

It seems you have lost your memory. I'm sorry, but you have to get out of there now.

Gunshots fired off a few rooms over.

"What am I supposed to do?"

They know that you have escaped and they are killing the remaining test subjects. You need to get out of there and see if you can find any survivors. Take the device from the grineer; it will act as a map. I have marked this map with the nearest cells coordinates.

Taking the device, a yellow map appeared and soon afterwards, a yellow symbol appeared. I opened the door and followed the designated path until the voice spoke again.

You'll need to hurry, they are cutting off life support from the other prisoners, and depriving them of oxygen. I can send them more oxygen, but I don't know how long I can make it last.

When I came to the holding cell, it was locked. A terminal with strange sequences of code streamed across the screen, and I didn't understand it. Tracing my finger along the edge, a jolt of electricity zapped the terminal and the door opened to a dark room.

I walked into a room that was much like mine, and saw a man laying on a table that was like mine as well. His eyes were pulled open but when I came into his view, he took no notice of me. He spoke nothing, and his terrified eyes were whited out and blinded. The paper beside him read:

Test Subject 37

Test 547

Test Code 312A839

Subject still unresponsive to external stimulus. A very promising individual.

It's too late for this one, you need to move on.

When I had reached the next one, the door was still locked as well, and a wheezing cough came from the room.

Wait. This is strange. I'm getting multiple biosignatures. Go to the next room.

I turned around to hear yelling a few rooms away. I rushed into the next hallway and then rushed into a brightly lit room and surrounding me, was a squad of armed soldiers. They raised their guns, and I put my hands up in surrender.

Sorry- tshhh - you- tshh- too late. Somethings Interfering- tsh- signal.

Then, the sound a bullet rang through the air. I gasped as I braced myself for the pain, but was still caught off guard as the bullet hit my shoulder, going through my flesh with an impact that almost knocked me over. Doubling over in pain, I tensed and as I did, my body jolted as if I had been shot by adrenaline. The lights went out and I could hear the soldiers falling to the ground as they convulsed.

Get out of there now. You caused the systems to overload, so make your way out now while you have low visibility. Get to the next room.

The next room was dark as well, but I could see two figures laying on parallel tables. They were quiet and subdued.

"I came to get you out of here." I said to them, as I pulled off their restraints.  "You just have to wake up."

But they didn't wake up. As much as I shook them, and even when I pulled them from the tables, they  remained lifeless and cold. They had been dead long before the oxygen had been pulled from the room.

I'm out of oxygen. We have to get out of here. I...You did everything you could, but you need to get out of there now. I can't lose you too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought off those moments now, and I remembered evacuating, because I had evacuated alone. I had left and became one of the first "Tenno" of legend. And now, in front of me was an ivory and ebony suit lined with gold.

Tenno, make your presence known.

Edited by IamQwerty
  • Like 1

text in white

Alright, with Volt as my favorite warframe, I thought it would be cool to come up with a backstory for him. I'm not exactly an author, but I had to get this idea out. Let me know what you think. ------IamQwerty

There were many days I felt like I was dying. A few days later, I had convince myself that I was. But after over a year, the feeling of hopelessness died as well and was replaced with a wave of uncertainty. Would I die here at all? Would I have to suffer for an eternity longer?

Scars etched Lichtenberg figures down from my wrist to my chest, etching a permanent reminder of everything I had endured thus far. They called it 'shock treatment.' They came in, and would press copper clamps around my wrist and feet. I was a test subject, and this wasn't a treatment. It was torture.

Again, I had found myself strapped to a table with a light that blinded me as they administered the clamps. Shaking, my hands grabbed the edge of the table; bracing myself as I waited for the shock. Usually, they would have asked my name and other questions, but they had recently stopped, since I had stopped answering. I didn't remember anything anymore, and that was scarier than the 'treatments'. But they made sure to note that memory loss was a common side-effect.

Bvvvvts

The sound of the machine didn't scare me anymore, but it made my scars itch and swell. And as the signal was given, the lights dimmed, and my arms were filled with pain again. And then, the pain stopped, and they noticed this. The sound of the machine got louder as they turned up the voltage. Now, my scars burned. And as I made eye contact with one of them, I broke my arm free, and the energy shot out of my finger tips. One by one, they started hitting the ground as the shock chained from one to the other, until the only thing left in the room was the familiar stench of burned flesh.

Then, the alarms set off, and the chatter of the others went over the radio system. I broke my arms free with strength that surprised me and stood up. My scars pulsed; letting of a distinct color of energy. I was not sure what had happened.

Tsh...zseew, tshh...Hello? I'm glad to see you are alive. You have to get out of there. Now.

I located the woman's voice coming from one of the enemy's radio. I picked it up, and trying to be quiet, whispered, "Who is this?"

The voice was quiet and for a while, said nothing. But right before I had given up on a response it answered.

It seems you have lost your memory. I'm sorry, but you have to get out of there now.

Gunshots fired off a few rooms over.

"What am I supposed to do?"

They know that you have escaped and they are killing the remaining test subjects. You need to get out of there and see if you can find any survivors. Take the device from the grineer; it will act as a map. I have marked this map with the nearest cells coordinates.

Taking the device, a yellow map appeared and soon afterwards, a yellow symbol appeared. I opened the door and followed the designated path until the voice spoke again.

You'll need to hurry, they are cutting off life support from the other prisoners, and depriving them of oxygen. I can send them more oxygen, but I don't know how long I can make it last.

When I came to the holding cell, it was locked. A terminal with strange sequences of code streamed across the screen, and I didn't understand it. Tracing my finger along the edge, a jolt of electricity zapped the terminal and the door opened to a dark room.

I walked into a room that was much like mine, and saw a man laying on a table that was like mine as well. His eyes were pulled open but when I came into his view, he took no notice of me. He spoke nothing, and his terrified eyes were whited out and blinded. The paper beside him read:

Test Subject 37

Test 547

Test Code 312A839

Subject still unresponsive to external stimulus. A very promising individual.

It's too late for this one, you need to move on.

When I had reached the next one, the door was still locked as well, and a wheezing cough came from the room.

Wait. This is strange. I'm getting multiple biosignatures. Go to the next room.

I turned around to hear yelling a few rooms away. I rushed into the next hallway and then rushed into a brightly lit room and surrounding me, was a squad of armed soldiers. They raised their guns, and I put my hands up in surrender.

Sorry- tshhh - you- tshh- too late. Somethings Interfering- tsh- signal.

Then, the sound a bullet rang through the air. I gasped as I braced myself for the pain, but was still caught off guard as the bullet hit my shoulder, going through my flesh with an impact that almost knocked me over. Doubling over in pain, I tensed and as I did, my body jolted as if I had been shot by adrenaline. The lights went out and I could hear the soldiers falling to the ground as they convulsed.

Get out of there now. You caused the systems to overload, so make your way out now while you have low visibility. Get to the next room.

The next room was dark as well, but I could see two figures laying on parallel tables. They were quiet and subdued.

"I came to get you out of here." I said to them, as I pulled off their restraints.  "You just have to wake up."

But they didn't wake up. As much as I shook them, and even when I pulled them from the tables, they  remained lifeless and cold. They had been dead long before the oxygen had been pulled from the room.

I'm out of oxygen. We have to get out of here. I...You did everything you could, but you need to get out of there now. I can't lose you too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought off those moments now, and I remembered evacuating, because I had evacuated alone. I had left and became one of the first "Tenno" of legend. And now, in front of me was an ivory and ebony suit lined with gold.

Tenno, make your presence known.