Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Shot Kills

Vaxillian

So I decided to watch the recent dev stream and they brought of explosive launchers and something that came to mind was one hit/shot kills.

I feel like one shot kills with weapons such as Latron Prime or Vectis have less of a meaning in this game it just like, "oh, just killed that eximus in one shot at level 45... again" To me it just lost signifigance.

Maybe increase the amount of enemies in some cases, like their ships where you'd expect there to be a ton of enemies. But I can see how this could cause problems with the Grineer and bleed proc, or extermination missions. I don't think anyone will want to try to find and kill 300 enemies.

I guess there is always the option to increase the toughness of enemies but then I feel like all the enemies would just god like without a good build, this just puts a huge big black block in the middle of how things work.

This bothering anyone else, or is just me?

The problem in this game is that single enemies dont have a meaning, there is no really cool dreadnought unit that needs more than 5 shots from my boltor prime to die, because this game has no really good hit zone mechanic. Either hit zones have a damage limit which makes fights annoying and boring (hit-zones cant be hit by skills too, which I hate as someone who prefers a more caster-like approach on the game), or the whole enemy can be hit and has to be made a bullet sponge.

The only way Ive ever died by enemies in this game is when I was overrun by at least 20 enemies of all kinds and had no way to escape, or by stunlock.

We need real elite mobs, not just a normal mob with a preset and 300% hp.

I agree with a lot of what Genoscythe said.

My best experiences have been when I'm completely overwhelmed with enemies. I liked the operation cryo front because of the absurd groups of enemies. I recently played a mobile defense infestation mission where it was complete chaos because of the gross number of enemies pouring out of every corner. I wish there were more instances where enemies were overwhelming in number. To be honest, I like being able to one-shot uber enemies. That's what we grind hours on end for. Why have a maxed serration if the eximus still takes a minute of shooting to kill? There's an element of skill and prioritization when floods of enemies are everywhere and you have to choose which group to slay first.

The problem in this game is that single enemies dont have a meaning, there is no really cool dreadnought unit that needs more than 5 shots from my boltor prime to die, because this game has no really good hit zone mechanic. Either hit zones have a damage limit which makes fights annoying and boring (hit-zones cant be hit by skills too, which I hate as someone who prefers a more caster-like approach on the game), or the whole enemy can be hit and has to be made a bullet sponge.

The only way Ive ever died by enemies in this game is when I was overrun by at least 20 enemies of all kinds and had no way to escape, or by stunlock.

We need real elite mobs, not just a normal mob with a preset and 300% hp.

Warframe is too fast-paced for stuff like that.

Edited by (PS4)ZBrokeHeartZ

Warframe is too fast-paced for stuff like that.

Thats not true, DE tried to implement reasonable stealth mechanics and an alert system since U7. The problem is that they always address in the wrong, just cutting enemy count by 2/3 and increasing drops, health, damage and IQ of enemies by 200% would already really do the trick. Now mix that all up with more tactical hit mechanics( armor parts that can be separated, more and different crit zones, why dont enemies tumble when I shoot their legs? Also make all enemies with hit zones attackable by abilities) and you would have a reason to do stealth and procees more tactically.