Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Add Non-Plat Methods Of Expanding Inventory?

PaperAlien

Title. Yes, I am aware I get 50 free plat to buy a few more slots. Yes, I am aware that you theoretically only need 1 warframe slot and 3 weapon slots, but practically, 2 warframe slots and 8 weapon slots is a bit cramped to enjoy the game properly. It's not a very good motive to buy platinum, either. It's more of a nuisance than a proper lack of game mechanic. It's not so much "Pay money, and get this thing" as it is "You're already missing out on stuff when you're not paying money, but we'll also try to make things inconvenient and annoying until you pay."

Don't take me wrong, I really like the plat/blueprint system this game uses. Maybe we can have a blueprint to build new warframe/weapon slots? I don't mind if it means getting 3k Rubedo and have it drop like potato BPs (okay maybe I do), I just want a way to get extra slots without having to pay.

It would be nice to have free methods to expand inventory, but let's be honest, DE NEED to make money, else they can't support this game, and inventory expansion is one of the largest drives, next to potatoes, to buy plat. So I honestly doubt, and really don't think it should, change.

I only bought slots after ~150 hours of playtime, because I charged plat to buy a Banshee and I had some plat left over.

"But you still charged plat so your point is meaningless!", you might say

Yes I did, but not specifically to get slots. That means I got through more than a hundred hours and managed to get to rank 4 on two 'frames and 8 slots. Decide what weapons are for keeps, and which are just for mastery XP. Seriously, you won't need to have all the weapons to play the game.

It would be nice to have free methods to expand inventory, but let's be honest, DE NEED to make money, else they can't support this game, and inventory expansion is one of the largest drives, next to potatoes, to buy plat. So I honestly doubt, and really don't think it should, change.

Well. I think your right. But a slot every 2 mastery ranks seems fine to me ^^

I mean. Thats 4 more slots if you hit mastery level 8.

And if you want to get at this point, you really have to play for a while.

People shouldnt get everything for free, but this might encourage them to play further ^^

People shouldnt get everything for free, but this might encourage them to play further ^^

I have no arguments here, reward for extended play, support and skill, sounds fine to me!

No BP for slots...

You will most likely get a slot every 2 mastery ranks

This idea is perfect!

warframe just wants you to lvl ur mastery lvl so u can get 2 free slots

This implies this mechanic is already in-game... it is already in-game?

Yes I agree with the idea, although it is a touchy subject in regards to making sure DE keeps generating funds. As to the 1 slot per 2 mastery levels, that seems pretty reasonable. Thats quite a lot of time invested as well. Maybe, DE could set up ads or something to capitalize on said time investment of loyal players. The more time we play, the more we run into ads, thus resulting in revenue. Personally I can live with ads in this game if it means keeping it running and moving along at the pace it does right now.

Hmm, I'm not sure about ads, I've always found that to be intensely frustrating, I'd rather they kept inventory as a plat-only resource than started throwing banner-ads all over the solar system. I could live with some tasteful product placement billboards in-mission though

devs need more methods of making money..the fact their profits are too tied in with orokin reactors and slots is worrisome.

I do suppose mats farming and crafting time will also be a good way for them to earn money :)

Some players wont want to farm or wait. So they'll pay.

exp boosters can also be a good revenue for them.

Mod- Compressed Space Fold .....  each rank adds one more slot of a given type? 

They then could sell it for Plat, or you can farm for it... win-win

... That's actually a pretty awesome idea, though I don't think adding mod slots, I think it should flat out change the polarity of a mod slot, one for each polarity type, Personally I would pay/farm my &#! off for that. I'm pretty sure someone had the polarity change idea before but I can't remember who or which thread so sorry if you read this.

I like this. I agree with MrGrae.