Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Venom, How Actually Works?

HoakinBlackforge

Question

My favourite ability from saryn is venom, a single cast, shoot the spore, and spread!

But, i have been wondering, since it deals viral damage instead of pure toxin, i dont know if it deals higher dps increasing the duration or simply raw damage.

So, how venom works exactly? Can someone explain?

6 answers to this question

Viral is a stat not effected by power changing mods.

I would go for duration because in the end the damage from Venom sucks, and the main reason people use it is for high chance for viral proc. 

(Viral halfs the enemies total hp AKA 50% less HP for enemies for X amount of time)

Go for duration and range. :)

Edited by Feallike

Like Feallike said, the main perk of venom is its ability to proc viral.  

When you do viral proc it reduces the enemies current health by 50% for X(I forget the number) amount of seconds

If you proc again while the initial proc is active it permanently reduces that enemies health by 50%.

But I don't feel the need to follow maxing power duration.  With a 50% fleeting expertise I find it double procs on enemies most of time.

And from what I recall being around -30% duration means you almost always double proc.  

Like Feallike said, the main perk of venom is its ability to proc viral.  

When you do viral proc it reduces the enemies current health by 50% for X(I forget the number) amount of seconds

If you proc again while the initial proc is active it permanently reduces that enemies health by 50%.

But I don't feel the need to follow maxing power duration.  With a 50% fleeting expertise I find it double procs on enemies most of time.

And from what I recall being around -30% duration means you almost always double proc.  

If Viral procs again before the first viral proc duration is over, the duration is refreshed. Nothing else.

Some powers are total damage spread over an amount of time (don't recall which one). Reducing time increases damage per tic but total damage stays the same.

Other powers like Venom are DoTs. Increasing time increases the total damage but the "per tic" stays the same.

EDIT: Miasma was the power I was thinking about lol. It does a fixed amount of damage spreaded over time.

Edited by Gwenwed