Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ridiculous Unbalance Of The "original" Elemental Mods

Icebreccer

Why is it that some elemental mods are weaker than the others while having the same mod cost? For example North Wind and Shocking Touch for melee gives a puny +60% dmg while Molten Impact and Fever Strike give full 90% more dmg. There is no point in using the old single ice and elec mods on melee weapons as the status dual cards are just better and Focus Energy for elec dmg.

Wouldn't it be a simple and easy fix to just buff the original elemental mods to have same damage and same mod cost as they SHOULD be all equal? It's been a long while since damage 2.0 came out and we are still stuck with stinky single 60% elemental mods.

And this is not just for the melee mods. Though they disturb me the most ATM since I don't want any ugly looking FX effects on my Kestrel so I'm stuck with my puny 60% more ice damage. For example Deep Freeze for the sidearms suffers from the same issue. Primary mods are mainly just fine except for Cryo Rounds having lower mod cost which is pretty weird too... But hey at least all the others have 90% more dmg like they should.

tl:dr the single elemental cards with only 60% dmg are crap and should be buffed to be on par with others.

Edited by Judqment8

The answer to why it's like that to begin with is because it's a remnant of Damage 1.0

The answer to why it hasn't been changed now is unfathomable. Put it next to the status chance mods (regular ones, not event) in the line to be re-worked.

You can turn off elemental FX in the options.

I know about that, but my melee weapons look so darn cool with ice damage mods. Kogake with just ice element is just badass.

ya , when they were first put in if I recall correctly they had 100% chance to proc status so stun/ freeze which DE thought was equal to the damage diffrence.

Yeah, that's what I thought in dmg 1.0. Now with dmg 2.0 there is simply no reason to make them sucky. Not to mention the new dual stat mods... All elements are "equal" now (which isn't that true, but well more equal than before).

Edited by Judqment8

I assume, the idea is, that the new mods are more difficult to get and therefore better. Plus, you might be still interested in the old ones in addition to the new ones (say to increase the damage to 120% dmg cold, fire,...).

I don't reaaaally think, this is a extremely good explanation, but I guess, this makes it unlikely, it is going to be changes any time soon.