Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recalibrating The Warframes

WarRaider

So as you all may know, it doesent matter what warframe you have, they are all the same at the start. Even if you have Rhino, which looks like a tank and you espect them to be, they still have the same armor rate as the Excalibur or any other warframe.

I for myself have started the game with the Excalibur. I loved it when i first started to play with it. Which was not the case when i tried the Ash and Rhino warframes. It is kind of disappointing that those warframes you work so hard to get, turn out to have crapier offensive skills than the warframe you get at the start.

Excalibur:

1.Skill : Slash Dash - Can cut through multiple enemies *Perfect

4.Skill : Radial Javelin - A power that launches bolts and impales every single enemy in your radius. Very effective against infected and bosses. Kills tyl regor with two runs of it. İgnores shield. *Awesome

Ash:

1.Skill : Shiruken - Throws a single ninja star that impales only a single target. And that is only if the raget is low level enough to get killed by one strike of it. Medium damage, you have to aim with it like a shooting weapon and only effective on enemys who stay still. *Lame

4.Skill : Blade Storm - As you would expect from the name of the skill, you should whipe your enemies out with your sword while moving like a tornado. But that is not the case. If they are in your radius, which is like nothing., you just teleport from one enemy to another. It is cool but the Excaliburs 4.skill would still beat it. Mmkay*

Rhino:

1.Skill : Rhino Charge - Knocksback enemies withouth dealing any noticable damage. He is not facerolling them or running through them like you expect a rhino to do. Just one single enemy he knocks down. *Lame

3.Skill: Radial Blast - It knocks down the enemys surrounding you in a small radius and deals them medium damage. Only benefitial against infected. It could be a good tactic against bosses. Shooting the bosses shield down, kocking him down with it and shooting the S#&$ out of him with a gorgon or whatever. *Mmkay

I think they definitaly should re-do or re-calibrate the skills of those warframes.

Edited by WarRaider

That's basicly the story of all the not-starter warframes.

Ember: Weak 1 target fire DoT, less damage than a shot from a shotgun

Mag: Single target high damage skill, same damage as a shotgun or less (1 kill)

I do really hope they buff the newer warframes as the only thing that makes them instinct is basicly a waste of time

Rhino Charge when upgraded instantly explodes everyone hit in a wide area, knocks down everyone else in a wider area, and zooms you forward at least as much as Slash Dash.

It's not "lame". It just really really requires upgrades, which means they should buff its base ability.

Rhino:

1.Skill : Rhino Charge - Knocksback enemies withouth dealing any noticable damage. He is not facerolling them or running through them like you expect a rhino to do. Just one single enemy he knocks down. *Lame

3.Skill: Radial Blast - It knocks down the enemys surrounding you in a small radius and deals them medium damage. Only benefitial against infected. It could be a good tactic against bosses. Shooting the bosses shield down, kocking him down with it and shooting the S#&$ out of him with a gorgon or whatever. *Mmkay

I'm currently running the Rhino and loving it. The Rhino Charge is a shorter range than the slash, but I find it has a wider radius, and insta-gibs normal units, whilst doing significant damage AND knockdown on heavy mobs/bosses.

I haven't got the Radial Blast yet, so can't comment.

Rhino Stomp is great for clutch situations where you're swarmed, basically providing heavy CC in a decent area around you, allowing you to chew them all up. Also, it looks hilarious and awesome.

You also can't ignore Iron Skin - this is an absolute godsend of an ability, with a good duration of damage immunity. Great for oh S#&$ get out moments, great for charging into a pack and blowing them to pieces, great on bosses, just generally great.

Well i cant agree on that cuz i've played with the Excalibur first. And comparing the Rhino Charge with the slahs dash is kinda erm, i dunno.

Talking about CC, Radial Javelin will do the trick or the overload skill of the Volt. But definitely not Rhino. It's a solo tanker, he is good against mob bosses or bosses in general though. 1 vs 1 he is a killer but anything else than that. Definiely not a warframe i would recommend.

Well thats not the point of this thread.

Do you actually believe that the non-starter warframes need a re-do/re-calibration(Adding more damage, amount, less usage of energy or range) of skills?

Edited by WarRaider

Well i cant agree on that cuz i've played with the Excalibur first. And comparing the Rhino Charge with the slahs dash is kinda erm, i dunno.

Talking about CC, Radial Javelin will do the trick or the overload skill of the Volt. But definitely not Rhino. It's a solo tanker, he is good against mob bosses or bosses in general though. 1 vs 1 he is a killer but anything else than that. Definiely not a warframe i would recommend.

Well thats not the point of this thread.

Do you actually believe that the non-starter warframes need a re-do/re-calibration(Adding more damage, amount, less usage of energy or range) of skills?

Well yeah, I played with the Excalibur first, and I prefer the Rhino Charge. Each to their own I suppose. And Rhino Stomp/Rhino Charge is a perfectly viable form of CC in my experience, though, yes, it is quite possibly outclassed by others.

As for whether warframes need a re-do/re-calibration, I agree they do. They're all the same in all but powers atm, so some work should be done to differentiate them with different base stats, possibly warframe specific mods, and skill trees in general need tweaking so that not everyone maxxes out every slot. Powers/energy also need some fine tuning.

wrong wrong and wrong, sorry

shuriken kills as many enemies as possible when it flies, if theyre lined up, blade storm basically deals over 3000 dmg on multiple enemies (one slash per enemy tho).

Rhino charge causes all enemies in its way to xplode, same as radial blast, enemies in its radius explode.

I dont want to be rude, but its not our fault that you dont know how to mod a warframe (at least those two you're so disappointed with).

The new ones shouldn't be buffed, the old ones should have been weaker on realease.

If they get nerfed now nothing will seem as powerfull (which is fun to many people), so there will be a big uproar and then changed back.

They could buff the new Warframes if they just make sure the enemies also gets some kind of buff imo

As for whether warframes need a re-do/re-calibration, I agree they do. They're all the same in all but powers atm, so some work should be done to differentiate them with different base stats, possibly warframe specific mods, and skill trees in general need tweaking so that not everyone maxxes out every slot. Powers/energy also need some fine tuning.

Exactly. Totally agree on that. The warframe's should be different from eachother even when they are stock.

Rhino should have more armor than energy cuz its a tank based warframe.

The Volt or mag should have more energy and less usage of energy when used power since they are kinda misc warframes.

Excalibur is good as it is since it's a balanced all arounder and so on and so on.

wrong wrong and wrong, sorry

shuriken kills as many enemies as possible when it flies, if theyre lined up, blade storm basically deals over 3000 dmg on multiple enemies (one slash per enemy tho).

Rhino charge causes all enemies in its way to xplode, same as radial blast, enemies in its radius explode.

I dont want to be rude, but its not our fault that you dont know how to mod a warframe (at least those two you're so disappointed with).

My point is that if you compare them with the Excalibur, the excalibur beats them. It's way more efficient when it comes to power usage. Uses the same amount of power but deals mor damage. If you want to get the full potential out of the blade storm, you need to make them swarm you. But like i said, thats not the point. Even if they are all cool, they are under powered for non-starter warframes. They need to be buffed.

The new ones shouldn't be buffed, the old ones should have been weaker on realease.

If they get nerfed now nothing will seem as powerfull (which is fun to many people), so there will be a big uproar and then changed back.

They could buff the new Warframes if they just make sure the enemies also gets some kind of buff imo

Well there will be new solar systems as new levels (I hope). I think that the NPC's over there will be killer hard to kill. Think of it like diablo and stuff like that. The solar system of our sun, is the first act of diablo. The enemys will get harder. Of course the skill tree of the warframes and weapons should be more sophisticated. Like you sould be able to spend skill points either on power, damge or armor. Instead of making it as simple as it is right now.

Edited by WarRaider

well, i have to agree with you guys on the frames being different , cuz for example, slashdash and rhino charge are basically the same skill.

So i'd like to change rhino charge for something like a shockwave or something like that, like when the hulk claps.

also right about blade storm, i think it should go N slashes, i mean, for example, 5 slashes no matter if there are more or less than 5 enemies, so it becomes more useful when facing bosses.

XD

IMO the warframes right now just feel weird.

For example, Volt can harness electricity correct? Then majority of his hits should have a chance to electrocute, WIHOUT any mods.

Similarly, Rhino, the heaviest warframe should be able to knock down & stun targets. If he is the heaviest, he can use the weight of his drop to obliterate enemies.

Similar effects for other Warframes should be there.

IMO the warframes right now just feel weird.

For example, Volt can harness electricity correct? Then majority of his hits should have a chance to electrocute, WIHOUT any mods.

Similarly, Rhino, the heaviest warframe should be able to knock down & stun targets. If he is the heaviest, he can use the weight of his drop to obliterate enemies.

Similar effects for other Warframes should be there.

Indeed, they do really need a way to make each Warframe unique in other ways than just their 4 skills.

Made a post a while back about each of them bringing their own personal buff to their team, but your idea is just as good to reaching the goal of making more special and rememberable Warframes

i like the idea of an especific effect and/or weapon for each frame, for exapmple:

1. Rhino, being the heaviest one, cant be knocked down.

2. Volt, have a chance to stun enemies (ember ignites them, so, kinda not fair).

3. Ash, should have a melee Dmg bonus while slashing in the back, like a ninja, right?

4. Trinity can have a HP buff, it's meant to be supportive, doesn't she?

5. Loki, decoy should explode at max lvl.

6. Mag, shield buff.

7. Ember already ignites people, leave her that way.

8. Excalibur, move speed buff (on hymself only), or something, I dont know much about excalibur :P

or something like that

I dont know much about excalibur :P

So far so good. I like your ideas. But not knowing about the Excalibur?! o.O

Aight here is your next task. Go farm Arn Etina and get yourself a Excalibur Warframe. Sheer madness that thing, the thirst for blood of that warframe can not be satiated.

Edited by WarRaider

1. Rhino, being the heaviest one, cant be knocked down.

6. Mag, shield buff.

I strongly believe the Rhino should have the highest melee damage. Imagine a heavy guy swinging a sword, vs a normal guy swinging. Whose hit do you think will hurt the most?

The downside could be reduced sprint speeds, and probaly slow fire rates to some extent (the plus side would be increased accuracy).

Mag can harness magnetic elements correct?

So it should be able to 'deflect' some bullets, and there should be a deflection chance. Of course, the downside could be reduced shields,etc.

Edited by nanogenesis

Why do people insist on nerfing the player?

You see, you could either:

1. Nerf the player, or

2. Throw more enemies at the player (this game is amazingly optimized and can almost certainly handle it) and buff weaker warframes to compensate, rebalancing the game with the default point that abilities are pretty overpowered.

One of these makes you feel way weaker and leads to complaints. The other one, even though it does the exact same thing in the end makes people feel more awesome, even as the difficulty increases, because it seems like you're wiping out entire armies.

Why do people insist on nerfing the player?

You see, you could either:

1. Nerf the player, or

2. Throw more enemies at the player (this game is amazingly optimized and can almost certainly handle it) and buff weaker warframes to compensate, rebalancing the game with the default point that abilities are pretty overpowered.

One of these makes you feel way weaker and leads to complaints. The other one, even though it does the exact same thing in the end makes people feel more awesome, even as the difficulty increases, because it seems like you're wiping out entire armies.

Clapping..

here here!

Balancing things in PvE is necessary.

Like the above poster mentioned, there are two ways.

1. Nerf the warframes. This method will inevitably make players angry. ME3 multiplayer chose this route which caused multiple 'nerf war' when a major power/weapon got balanced. However, in the long run, this method has proved to be easier and decrease developer workload. Nerf one or a few things that break the game is noticeably less work than buff everything to match these insane powers.

2. Buff everything else to match them. Players won't complain since their abilities will be the same. However, it could create a series of complains about all powers are too powerful and gunplay become less relevant. Throwing more enemies does help with this problem but lower end PC will have trouble playing the game. The worst thing that could happen is the cycle of buff will be created continually, both the AI and the player.

From the way I see it, both have their own merit. So far I have experience with Excalibur and Volt, both of which have an insanely OP power. Slashdash isn't what I expect from a default power, AOE and instant kill mooks. It's what I expect as an ultimate power. Volt's overload is madness. It kill an entire floor filled with enemies in a single cast.

Both of them deserve a balance. Slashdash should be moved to ultimate power branch and limit a hard cap on number of enemies that the power affect. Overload seriously need a radius reduction and lower damage.

im playing rhino...and im disapointed with few skills of it "rhino charge" its greate!!!!!"iron skin" since rhino is a tank character, it will be greate when its passive. all you need to do is SMASSSHHHH!!!!"radial blast" its great combined with rhino charge!!!dsshhhhhh!!!boom!!!"rhino stomp" its not good for me....it will be greate when its exploding like epicenter, earthqueke. like the finals skill of volt its like a crossbreed of volt and excalibur. do you think guys???its my point of view.. :D

Ugh...you do know it makes you completely invulnerable to damage, right? So you're saying it'll be great when it's passive, ie all the time. Invulnerable. All the time. Really.

no i just wany to say that its good when its passive but not totally the effect of the skill..revamp it.... make it 50% damege reduction....its my point of view bro hehhehehethat do you think????