The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why?

austinrelis

Me neither, but it is harmful to newer players that might fail on a regular basis due to weak weapons and inexperience, you know.

The only thing that would anger me greatly.. were if I would fail a mission after managing to get A LOT of rubedo.

The issue is we got those by killing our foes, and furthermore, we already got them. We had them, and then they're taken away. Someone suggested that you keep everything you earned up to that point when you die, but not when you abort, which sounds pretty reasonable to me. You quit and go home, then give that stuff back. But you try your hardest and die, have what you already got as consolation.

What if instead of it you would loose your items after defeat ? Like you are being robed and all. Nobody knows what happened with downed tenno left on mission... maybe they even get ra....

Could also be optional bonus to planed hardcore mode..

If there were zero bugs or glitches that made finishing a mission impossible, then you would be correct and those against it would have no ground to stand on.  One should not be rewarded for failing; that's not how life works.

But as it stands, that is not the case.

Let's see:

- ran out of revives and died one last time

- died and don't want to waste revives

- internet down

- lockdown bug (happened today)

- PC crash

- power outage

- bad host migration

- real life problems

- mobs stuck in textures in exterminate missions and can't finish it

- various other bugs that render good missions bad

Now I expect some back-talk on the first 2. But I'm curious to see what moronic rationale you can bring for the rest.

Perhaps it would be better if the mods weren't shown to players as soon as one get them, but discovered at the end of a successful mission.

This way you know that you got more or less that many mods but you don't know which ones until the mission is a success, and if it fails then you will never know.

Me neither, but it is harmful to newer players that might fail on a regular basis due to weak weapons and inexperience, you know.

The only thing that would anger me greatly.. were if I would fail a mission after managing to get A LOT of rubedo.

I will try to restrain myself from cursing, already got one warning. 

You are wrong. So wrong. People should NOT play games with blind confidence and devs shouldn't let players think "i died, i lost, what of it... meh". 

You should be punished for loosing and you should learn from trial and errors. Newbies are no exception. 

Failing a mission isn't just random event occurrence, you are able to control the outcome by being a good. If you can't handle failures, don't be ashamed and take one level lower. 

The following need to be implemented for this to be okay in my opinion:

-an unstuck command

-a regenerate map command (yes, this is necessary, between the last two updates the asteroid tileset was literally unbeatable 10% of the time)

-not losing drops on host migration

-some way to save like 1 mod/5 waves on defense.

Then the system will be perfect in my opinion. If you legit fail a normal mission with no revives...the Grineer/Corpus/Infested ganked your mods. Hostage rescue missions I'm on the fence about. Still, my opinion is probably colored by having almost every mod I'll ever need.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

- ran out of revives and died one last time

- died and don't want to waste revives

- internet down

- lockdown bug (happened today)

- PC crash

- power outage

- bad host migration

- real life problems

- mobs stuck in textures in exterminate missions and can't finish it

- various other bugs that render good missions bad

- Player's fault

- Player's decision

- Crap happens

- Bug

- Crap happens

- ^^

- To be improved (hopefully)?

- Real life comes before a video game

- Bug

- Bug(s)

There you have it.

Well, to be fair, in endless defense you are given opportunities for extraction.  It seems plausible that you sent your loot back with these extractions whenever you choose to stay and continue to defend.  This is the only place where I think it's justified to still get rewards when you fail.

On normal missions i find that okay,  ...endless defense on the other hand. Spending 30+ minutes and then ending up with just a little xp? Ye fuuuun!

It's not that bad on Endless Defense. I personally know how far i can handle, without having teamwork. If i want to extend further i need reliable teammates which are good by themselves or at least are cooperative that doesn't go running for every marked mod, leaving crypod to you alone.

Know your limits bro. Reward is on stake. 

- Player's fault

- Player's decision

- Crap happens

- Bug

- Crap happens

- ^^

- To be improved (hopefully)?

- Real life comes before a video game

- Bug

- Bug(s)

There you have it.

Unfortunately the bugs/host migration issues happen often enough (after all, the game's in beta) that they need to be accounted for. Especially since there's no sign they're being fixed.

Well, to be fair, in endless defense you are given opportunities for extraction.  It seems plausible that you sent your loot back with these extractions whenever you choose to stay and continue to defend.  This is the only place where I think it's justified to still get rewards when you fail.

Exactly how I see it!

Unfortunately the bugs/host migration issues happen often enough (after all, the game's in beta) that they need to be accounted for. Especially since there's no sign they're being fixed.

Why the hell would you implement a feature while taking into account a game bug? A bug is not supposed to be in the game and is going to be removed from the game eventually.

Why the hell would you implement a feature while taking into account a game bug? A bug is not supposed to be in the game and is going to be removed from the game eventually.

Uh, if you have an intractable bug (like the terrain bugs/lockdown bugs/etc.) you should always take into account when making decisions about the game. If these bugs happened 50% of the time, do you seriously think it makes just as much sense to implement a no-rewards-on-abort system without an -unstuck/-regenerate map command?

Edited by TheTenthDoc

The real issue here isn't dying, its the bugs. Getting stuck, mobs getting stuck, maps with unreachable objectives, etc. I don't think anyone is honestly upset about losing progress in a skill-based game because of their own lack of skill, its more so the things that are totally out of our control.

The other argument is for new players. I failed my first 5 or 6 missions. Since powering up is based entirely on the drops we get, a newb literally cannot progress if s/he's not getting those upgrades. That can be very off-putting to new players who aren't hooked yet.