The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why?

austinrelis

Uh, if you have an intractable bug (like the terrain bugs/lockdown bugs/etc.) you should always take into account when making decisions about the game. If these bugs happened 50% of the time, do you seriously think it makes just as much sense to implement a no-rewards-on-abort system without an -unstuck/-regenerate map command?

I'd rather they fix the bugs instead of designing their game around said bugs... But that just me.

I'd rather they fix the bugs instead of designing their game around said bugs... But that just me.

So they should just pretend the bugs don't exist until they have a solution for them? It's one thing when a weapon is bugged, or a warframe/mod interaction is bugged (hello Ember!), but when the levels of the game itself are bugged you need to take that into account until you CAN fix the bug. Not having an "unstuck" or "reset map" command is hardly a design decision.

So they should just pretend the bugs don't exist until they have a solution for them? It's one thing when a weapon is bugged, or a warframe/mod interaction is bugged (hello Ember!), but when the levels of the game itself are bugged you need to take that into account until you CAN fix the bug. Not having an "unstuck" or "reset map" command is hardly a design decision.

No.  You don't balance around bugs.  These bugs suck, but they're not incredibly common and eventually they'll be fixed.  You don't give out extra rewards to justify having a buggy game, you give out appropriate rewards and work on the bugs.

Why do you guys want items/mods when you fail?

I don't understand the reasoning behind this. You fail, you don't get your mods or items. You win, you get mods and items. I don't see a problem with this.

Failing isn't our fault but quitting is, there is a big difference.

Gryphticon, on 20 Apr 2013 - 4:05 PM, said:

Failing isn't our fault but quitting is, there is a big difference.

you mean failing isn't ALWAYS our fault. Also if we straight up reverted all penalties for failing from death, then leavers just have to spend another 15 seconds to find an enemy to kill them.

The real issue here isn't dying, its the bugs. Getting stuck, mobs getting stuck, maps with unreachable objectives, etc. I don't think anyone is honestly upset about losing progress in a skill-based game because of their own lack of skill, its more so the things that are totally out of our control.

The other argument is for new players. I failed my first 5 or 6 missions. Since powering up is based entirely on the drops we get, a newb literally cannot progress if s/he's not getting those upgrades. That can be very off-putting to new players who aren't hooked yet.

I've honestly never encountered any of those bugs, and I'm 100+ hours into the game.

I've honestly never encountered any of those bugs, and I'm 100+ hours into the game.

I've only experienced them immediately after the big tileset updates, and that's because I was running lots of those tilesets for bosses. Defense missions are currently the ones with the most errors since they just got updated.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

Let's see:

- internet down

- lockdown bug (happened today)

- PC crash

- power outage

- bad host migration

- real life problems

- mobs stuck in textures in exterminate missions and can't finish it

- various other bugs that render good missions bad

• Happens all the time, and is DE's fault.
  • Will never be fixed, because DE never fixes anything.
  • Happens all the time and is DE's fault.

Got it.

How does this work with Endless Defense? You have to claim and exit to keep those rewards.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31624-upcoming-balance-changes-april-19th/#entry287165

DE_Steve said so and we shall listen. What will we get out of it? We'll be more hardcore.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if the later waves actually dropped loot that made it worth the time, but they don't.  As the risk increases so should the rewards.

- Player's fault

- Player's decision

- Crap happens

- Bug

- Crap happens

- ^^

- To be improved (hopefully)?

- Real life comes before a video game

- Bug

- Bug(s)

There you have it.

Although, you can somewhat fix the lockdown bug by breaking a window → panic → go hacking → profit. Or just find some derp corpus/grineer to do  the lockdown for you.

I don't understand the reasoning behind this. You fail, you don't get your mods or items. You win, you get mods and items. I don't see a problem with this.

Because sometimes failing happens outside your possibility to prevent it. Punishing players for doing impossible feats is not really reasonable you know. I recall one really nasty ninja leave on defense mission where I was left with 11th wave onward... alone. I dont know about you, but I dont think majority of people can pull of those waves alone on their own. Is it reasonable at that moment to lose everything you fought hard for just because of few asshats who bailed out prematurely?

I will try to restrain myself from cursing, already got one warning. 

You are wrong. So wrong. People should NOT play games with blind confidence and devs shouldn't let players think "i died, i lost, what of it... meh". 

You should be punished for loosing and you should learn from trial and errors. Newbies are no exception. 

Failing a mission isn't just random event occurrence, you are able to control the outcome by being a good. If you can't handle failures, don't be ashamed and take one level lower.

I dare you to say the same thing after you have been rigged into a situation that is way over your head. Unless you can prove me that every johnny shmonny can suddenly awake his inner John Rambo and fend of 5 waves from lvl 10~15 in defense mode alone in any frame, I call your reasoning BS. And dont go "try lower level then", players did that, it was called cronus farming, guess what? yeah... I thought so.

Why the hell would you implement a feature while taking into account a game bug? A bug is not supposed to be in the game and is going to be removed from the game eventually.

True, but untill that happens players are suffering from it, or should I say, they didnt suffered untill they made this change which surfaced this problem TO BEGIN WITH.

Playing "I see no evil, there's no evil" card eh? Also this 100+ hours doesnt matter because this change was made TODAY and it started to affect people TODAY.

Edited by dzonatan

Let's see:

- ran out of revives and died one last time

- died and don't want to waste revives

- internet down

- lockdown bug (happened today)

- PC crash

- power outage

- bad host migration

- real life problems

- mobs stuck in textures in exterminate missions and can't finish it

- various other bugs that render good missions bad

Now I expect some back-talk on the first 2. But I'm curious to see what moronic rationale you can bring for the rest.

Basically, this. If I manage to get a ton of resources only to get locked down, I will implode into nothingness. Maybe halving the resources would be a good deal.

I totally agree with this, even for defense missions. It defeats the purpose of the whole risk/reward concept behind the defense mission; and there would be no reason not to advance./off topic: I would like a pure wave survival mode where it ends when the last person dies.