Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health Globes Need To Be % Based

Jrgsubzero

I play a Frost and since armor only affects health my only real way of having high health being viable is if a trinity is in the party. This is a bad thing, I think it'd be best to stay away from the, well, trinity of MMOs. A healer shouldn't be required, nor should a tank. 

But right now there's no way (Trinity excluded) to get your health back up once it's down, I even use the hp regen artifact. Heck, even the overly expensive health packs aren't % based. 

I play a Frost and since armor only affects health my only real way of having high health being viable is if a trinity is in the party. This is a bad thing, I think it'd be best to stay away from the, well, trinity of MMOs. A healer shouldn't be required, nor should a tank. 

But right now there's no way (Trinity excluded) to get your health back up once it's down, I even use the hp regen artifact. Heck, even the overly expensive health packs aren't % based. 

I usually find there is plenty of health drops but a percentage type system might be a good idea. You could also trying updating your Mods.

Edited by Toko

Then you're playing your Frost wrong.

Armor might be only for your HP, however, Im sure everyone will agree that you dont want a situation where armor counts. What you want is high shields.

Im playing a maxed out rhino with about 650 shields and 500 HP, I don't know about you but most the time nothing gets through my shields and if it does I just fire Iron Skin.

Frost works pretty much the same, your shields are down? Fine, then activate a Snow Globe or your Ultimate - problem solved.

The game doesn't need % based HP drops, even now I'd say that the HP regeneration artifact is a bit too strong, because most the time, if you loose HP, its your own fault. If you play a very squishy Warframe, like Nyx, just stay out of the Meatgrind and let the Trinity/Rhino/Frost or any other more durable Frame be in there.

Edited by Mr.Mango

I usually find there is plenty of health drops but a percentage type system might be a good idea. You could also trying updating your Mods.

Upgrading vitality more won't help anything, it'll only make the issue worse. Shields is a clear winner over vitality even on an armor class, meaning something must be wrong, no?

Im playing a maxed out rhino with about 650 shields and 500 HP, I don't know about you but most the time nothing gets through my shields and if it does I just fire Iron Skin.

you probably haven't maxed him out well enough :P

my Rhino has 750 shield and 535 health and I'm still rank 29

also, I believe toxic infested go around your shields :)

I agree about percent based health drops but I recon very low percentages - 5%, 10% and max 15%

anything higher than that is an OP drop

Edited by DVAted

Upgrading vitality more won't help anything, it'll only make the issue worse. Shields is a clear winner over vitality even on an armor class, meaning something must be wrong, no?

Well if you upgrade vitality you will have more health meaning you can last longer. The same with shields.

Well if you upgrade vitality you will have more health meaning you can last longer. The same with shields.

But this is false. If you for some reason get down to 30/600 health then good luck getting it even close to full before you extract. You may as well spend your mod points on shields instead of health. You'll last longer exactly once. 

Edited by Jrgsubzero

you probably haven't maxed him out well enough :P

my Rhino has 750 shield and 535 health and I'm still rank 29

also, I believe toxic infested go around your shields :)

I agree about percent based health drops but I recon very low percentages - 5%, 10% and max 15%

anything higher than that is an OP drop

Yep ,that is because my 280% Shield mod just dissapeared at one day, asked the support about it and they told me to grind again for it or buy a booster pack (yea, good joke, make me spent money on the game because Warframe decided to take one of my most expensive mods away...)

So I had to wait till I got a new Redirection mod and the new one is now only on 160%, just didnt had the time yet to put some fusion cores on it.

And yea, TA's deal direct HP damage, but not much, I mean okay, surrounded by 3 of them might be a problem but 1, no problem.

And even if there are 3 or even 4, just fire Iron Skin, and as frost just use your ultimate, its not rocket science. :P

MOST the time, not allways but most the time, you shouldnt be in a position where you're loosing health as a Rhino or Frost, you have so many abilitys to avoid exactly that.

Then you're playing your Frost wrong.

Armor might be only for your HP, however, Im sure everyone will agree that you dont want a situation where armor counts. What you want is high shields.

i kinda laughed at that since that's actually low shield for a rhino. My mag has like 750 and i don't even have defence polarities (and no potatoes)

to be back on the topic yeah, getting 25hp globes when you have 500hp is just ridiculous

Edited by Soulfighter

Yep ,that is because my 280% Shield mod just dissapeared at one day, asked the support about it and they told me to grind again for it or buy a booster pack (yea, good joke, make me spent money on the game because Warframe decided to take one of my most expensive mods away...)

So I had to wait till I got a new Redirection mod and the new one is now only on 160%, just didnt had the time yet to put some fusion cores on it.

And yea, TA's deal direct HP damage, but not much, I mean okay, surrounded by 3 of them might be a problem but 1, no problem.

And even if there are 3 or even 4, just fire Iron Skin, and as frost just use your ultimate, its not rocket science. :P

MOST the time, not allways but most the time, you shouldnt be in a position where you're loosing health as a Rhino or Frost, you have so many abilitys to avoid exactly that.

Um, what level toxics are you fighting where frost's 4th skill actually helps with it?

Um, what level toxics are you fighting where frost's 4th skill actually helps with it?

You know that they are stunned after the ultimate (because its pretty much like Mag's Ult) which is making them extremly easy to kill?

i kinda laughed at that since that's actually low shield for a rhino. My mag has like 750 and i don't even have defence polarities (and no potatoes)

to be back on the topic yeah, getting 25hp globes when you have 500hp is just ridiculous

Love it when people don't read all my posts and just post something for the sake of it...

Edit: I rechecked my Rhino, its 750 shields with 200%+ shield capacity.

Edited by Mr.Mango

You know that they are stunned after the ultimate (because its pretty much like Mag's Ult) which is making them extremly easy to kill?

Love it when people don't read all my posts and just post something for the sake of it...

Edit: I rechecked my Rhino, its 750 shields with 200%+ shield capacity.

They're not stunned after to my knowledge. They're stunned during it that much I know. You're better off using ice damage and knocking them down than you are using 100 energy.

Edited by Jrgsubzero

I play it differently.  I consider the vitality mod to only be a defense against the toxic ancients.  I never intend to take enough damage to have to rely on my hp to survive.  Shields work fine.  Since dodging a toxic and not running in green clouds is also a defense against not getting poisoned, that means I have no reason to use a vitality mod.

Well not until I have used my other mod slots and only have one slot left to fill and nothing better to put in the slot.

Vitality is my last mod equipped and I don't use it much.  Works fine for me.  Which means if you absolutely need your hp and your vitality mod, then maybe you could just try playing a different way and you wouldn't worry about the health orbs anymore.

I suggested health globes healing up to 10% of max frame health in another thread somewhere.

Also making the small/large health inventory items heal up to 25%/50% of max frame health.

This way a 250hp frame still gets the usual 25 health pickups and a lower/higher hp frame gets the amount thats right according to the risk/idea of the build.

(i.e. either the idea of having a high hp tanky wf build or a low hp/high risk, probably caster wf build)

I suggested health globes healing up to 10% of max frame health in another thread somewhere.

Also making the small/large health inventory items heal up to 25%/50% of max frame health.

This way a 250hp frame still gets the usual 25 health pickups and a lower/higher hp frame gets the amount thats right according to the risk/idea of the build.

(i.e. either the idea of having a high hp tanky wf build or a low hp/high risk, probably caster wf build)

Yeah, I don't know why the credit-bought items are so stingy with the health.

Look, I have no problem with health orbs in % or the Inventory thingys with %.

My biggest concern is, that as soon as that is in the game, people will go all over the forums and call high HP builds completly OP and the Game too easy.

Look, I have no problem with health orbs in % or the Inventory thingys with %.

My biggest concern is, that as soon as that is in the game, people will go all over the forums and call high HP builds completly OP and the Game too easy.

By that logic trinity in a party is OP.

I think it's more of a problem how little armor matters, a Mag can take roughly the same amount of damage as Rhino/Frost with equal level of redirection. 

Actual health of Rhino and Frost is fairly standard, and a full modded Saryn will be able to take more upfront damage before going down (If my calculations are correct). Health is fine as it is, it is currently your margin of error, and you never really mod it up with the intention of taking life damage  in fights. Instead I would like to see armor be effective with shields up, partly because it's a freaking useless mod atm, and partly because I think Rhino and Frost should be made tankier to define their role more.

I'd rather petition for Rifle Ammo drops to go from 20 to 50

My Gorgon burns through it faster than I can pick up ammo drops,

I almost always run out, especially in Boss missions

Why not both? Health % and +rifle ammo?

The problem is that some rifles just never run out of ammo while others can be modded for more ammo and still don't have enough. Just increasing ammo drops isn't really a solution to that, but I agree that it would be better than the current 20. You could take some rifle ammo in the inventory with you, but that doesn't really solve the problem either.

So. Enough off-topic from me, here. ^^