Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Suggestion] Muramasa

Paptimus

So i'm here to suggest a new melee weapon, a 2 handed katana named Muramasa.

Muramasa was one of the best swordsmiths japan had, thus the name, so, unlike other weapons, id like to propose that this be made out of 3 blueprints(like warframes are), each taking 12 h to make then to assemble the entire sword, 1 day.

Where would those bps drop? Well, we have Europa avaiable without any boss or alternatively, from alerts or defense missions like banshee.

The 3 BPs would be Blade, Hilt and Scabbard

as for the attack animations

Normal attack : 3 slashes after drawing from the scabbard.

Charge attack: Quickdraw slash, search Iaido and see.

Jump attack: Instead of drawing the sword, would use the scabbard to "slam" the ground

The 3 blueprints was because the katana was considered to be a complex to make weapon and as such, the longer procedure.

Edited by Paptimus

1. Ninja-to was utterly fictional.

2. Actual ninjas used poisons, farming implements, and the like - the whole point was not being obvious.

3. I was under the impression that Skana was this already. And the Dual Skana filled the twin kodachi role. And the Ether pair was a huge shout out to both traditional sword and dagger fencing and the daisho pair.

Seriously people, it's _all in there already_, appropriately stylized and fitting the general look of the setting.

I'm not sure about the crafting procedure; it does not seem like a wise idea to imply that one melee weapon is so powerful that it requires so much time and effort to obtain, as it could invalidate other melee weapons.

Aside from that, I'd love an Iaido-styled weapon.

"Hey look guys! I found this ancient sword in a ruin!"

*breaks sword on Corpus box head* 

"Oh, yeah, our swords are made of metamaterials for a reason."

But seriously, I wouldn't mind the mechanics you propose, but it should fit in with the weapons already in the game.

Call in Malskanis, make it look like a fusion of bone and plastic and give the scabbard eyes and I think it would work out very well. I'd buy one.

"Hey look guys! I found this ancient sword in a ruin!"

*breaks sword on Corpus box head* 

"Oh, yeah, our swords are made of metamaterials for a reason."

But seriously, I wouldn't mind the mechanics you propose, but it should fit in with the weapons already in the game.

Call in Malskanis, make it look like a fusion of bone and plastic and give the scabbard eyes and I think it would work out very well. I'd buy one.

well have you played metalgear revengance they use old swords that were amped why cant the tenno do that? lol

1. Ninja-to was utterly fictional. 2. Actual ninjas used poisons, farming implements, and the like - the whole point was not being obvious. 3. I was under the impression that Skana was this already. And the Dual Skana filled the twin kodachi role. And the Ether pair was a huge shout out to both traditional sword and dagger fencing and the daisho pair. Seriously people, it's _all in there already_, appropriately stylized and fitting the general look of the setting.

1. It wasnt fictional more like its more like a modern weapon i was just saying what i had in my mind. 

2. They had some melee weapon with them like Kusarigama or katana though they didnt use the ninjato we know they used some long and short swords which is identical to ninjato

3. I was talking about the models exact classic katana models ..  scana is weak and ugly

Scabbard or somesort of weapon docking place/slot could be nice