The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

"squads" Shown For Missions Is Wrong

Gekiro

The number of squads currently playing missions seems to be completely wrong. For example now there are 8 squads on Kiste (Ceres), but I've been waiting 10 minutes to find a squad.

On the other hand sometimes it's shown "squads 0" but I can instantly join one. It has been like this for a week.

"Squads" show active and not availible squads.

Thus what you see can be true but it has no effect on your chances to get inside whatsoever.

DE somehow always had a problem properly setting up matchmaking. Simply allowing us to browse availible slots (with latency stats availible), option host ourselves, etc. would make the game much better. Also allow us to switch off that annoying piece of trash Host Evaluation! It's only there to annoy us... nearly always chooses the single person in our team that cannot host properly and at least one person always ends up catapulted from the game - which is very nice during a Vay Hek run since he appears at the beginning and later on it's "Objective has been completed" to prevent players joining on the actual boss-fight. Good job! Just remove this already!

Game has networking issues - DE still only partially acknowledged that and they frequently mention fixes and such in patchnotes but while their fixes tend to not work as intended (in some cases they make the game worse for some people... like GL over here) they still haven't implemented basic damage-control. Namely allowing us to circumvent the not working parts and take the reins into our own hands, deciding who hosts, etc.

For example everybody knows that you can get "disconnected" during matches thanks to the not-so-stable networking in the game - why not storing the player date when one disconnects after "objective has been completed" flag was risen? Then when they try to rejoin, they are allowed and they can continue the mission, with health, energy, ammo and all other stats intact, just like they have left them. No problems with people exiting to change loadout during a bossfight, etc. Of course if player initiates "exit" themselves, this rejoining shall not be possible. Otherwise, why not?

Kinda got sidetracked. Well, I wouldn't be me otherwise!