Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Tap/quick Ability Animation For Toggle Abilities?

Rekkou

Since the addition of toggle abilities (Absorb, Undertow, Prism) you can also do a quick double tap just to use the end effect of abilities. ex: Absorb -> Knockdown, Undertow ->Knockdown, Prism ->Blind. But doing this will usually result in awkward animation. So, why not make this a real thing?

example:

-Nyx, Absorb double tap : Nyx immedietely unleash the absorb bubble without the meditation stance.

-Hydroid, Undertow : Hydroid just stomp the ground, release the puddle without going underwater.

-Mirage, Prism double tapping : Mirage slam the Prism to the ground and blind nearby enemies.

Note that this isn't an ability rework suggestion and the double tap feature can already be done within the game.

Does doing this with undertow have any practical effect? Like, the other two examples have specific effects that come from the quick release of the toggled ability, but I'm not aware of undertow having any particular reason to do so-and if there is, I'd suggest the animation reflect it.

Overall, the idea makes sense though.

Edited by SolarDwagon

nice point

diversity in the way to use skills would be great

aiming

not aiming

double tap

charge

togling

we need all and more

imagine how flexibla it could be depending the way you lauch the skill the effect would change

so killing great

Edited by Tsoe

Does doing this with undertow have any practical effect? Like, the other two examples have specific effects that come from the quick release of the toggled ability, but I'm not aware of undertow having any particular reason to do so-and if there is, I'd suggest the animation reflect it.

Overall, the idea makes sense though.

Like Absorb, Undertow also have a radial knockdown at the end of ability.