Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop "host Migration" Trolling & Impossible Level Deficit

Aarnwulf

DARK SECTOR conflicts.

1. Host Migration Trolling

This is not a balance issue, so much as a requirement to make Dark Sector conflicts work for most players.

Twice in a row this morning, when I happened to be on the winning side, the host rage quit, the 'host migration attempt' failed, and everyone was returned to their "Liset" with nothing.  I don't belong to any of the big guilds or alliances, so if I am playing for a payout, from an alliance that keeps its commitments (and most do), I would like to have a chance to earn it, not have it taken away at the whim of a player who happens to be host and happens to be losing.

2. Impossible level deficit

This one, at least, is easier to solve if you want to... So I enter a conflict-in-progress as a defender and, look, we're losing ground, and...my frame is lvl 7, and...the entire opposition is lvl 30.  And they're camping our spawn point (yes you can do that, as an attacker, with enough range on your abilities).

Now, there is NO WAY to get past lvl 8 or so, no matter what I do, ever.  I can rage quit out, or die over and over until they get tired of it and decide to actually win.

This seems easy enough to fix.  Award enough XP on BEING KILLED BY ANOTHER PLAYER that, over time, the dying players eventually catch up to a point where, if their team is balanced, they can catch up and compete.  I don't know if this means 50% or 25% or some other % of the normal award, but it would both encourage the 'winning side' to stick to the objective and allow the 'losing side' a chance to achieve relative parity if they get trolled long enough, thus perhaps surviving a second or two and getting to fight back somewhat.

I pride myself in making people rage quit PvP - ending the game, so noone gets battle pay. 

As for the latter statement, stay in your spawn, kill the mobs that go in to level up. It is your only option. Defenders can also camp the attacker's spawn ,so this is not one sided. No, you should not get experience for dying... 

red

Edited by REDHOOOD

Exp for dying? No But being scaled to the highest at the time (on either side) Yes. The only thing is you should still have all your mods locked. That way you still have to put in some legwork to get beefed back up. I still think spawn camping is a noob's game and I always will. I don't spawn camp. That's a tactic (loosely put) for people who don't have the skill to see matches through to the end properly so they strive to disable the opponent before they can launch a counter. SPawns themselves need a "insta kill" zone around them to prevent spawn camping. If you get too close and die? Well bad luck for you and you should have payed more attention. 

Exp for dying? No But being scaled to the highest at the time (on either side) Yes. The only thing is you should still have all your mods locked. That way you still have to put in some legwork to get beefed back up. I still think spawn camping is a noob's game and I always will. I don't spawn camp. That's a tactic (loosely put) for people who don't have the skill to see matches through to the end properly so they strive to disable the opponent before they can launch a counter. SPawns themselves need a "insta kill" zone around them to prevent spawn camping. If you get too close and die? Well bad luck for you and you should have payed more attention. 

Technically, mobs spawing with you at your spawn is a type of defense; but it becomes ineffective after a certain point. My counter ash strategy to keep him low level and starved of energy. If EXP can be achieved by dying, Ashes just got a massive buff against me.