The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Aoe Type Damage Weapon

flealessnz

Question

11 answers to this question

if you want AoE weapon go for Ignis....very awesome vs infested, attica with thunderbolt is a good choice too, both penta and ogris aren't a good choice when you're going solo or fighting at close range, since they both kill you but if you were in a defense/MD mission they'll be good 

Explosives can still get headshots last I heard. I have no idea how the numbers look, but I think it would be much easier to exploit that with Penta's trajectory than with Ogris's straight shot.

Nothing wrong with Ignis... people talk trash about it's DPS but at the high end it will always have a place because it's capable of doing 100% DPS to every target in a very large area. It quickly surpasses rifles, even rifles using punch-through to get partial DPS (spray = not all bullets hitting) on extra targets. DPS is irrelevant for most of the game with a well upgraded weapon anyway. Anything non-endless melts in front of an Ignis with a full damage build.

I've been having a ton of fun with the torid, but it really only works well against infested as they tend to follow the players (survival) or go after the defense objective. I've got mine built for gas + electricity and I tend to fire off 2-3 shots in one spot so they ticks hit really fast...they get stunned by the electricity and take tons of damage from gas/toxic.

Never really used Ogris much as I dont like the charge up time and fire and forget mechanics.

In terms of conventional explosives, I prefer the Penta over the Ogris. It's much more reliable.

But Quanta definitely has my vote for overall best aoe weapon. Can be built for cubes (~50k average cubes) or for crits/status.

i was surprised, that nobody mentioned the quanta before you. it has really good damage, can't blow yourself up, and also has the option to shoot lasers with 100% accuracy and somewhat good range.

not to mention, that it uses rifle ammo, which is more common than the sniper ammo