Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Separate The Roll And Sprint Keys

Takomancer

having two things bound to one key makes the sprinting really clunky. sometimes i could press spacebar to jump all day while sprinting and it does not let me jump. Also, sometimes I'm pressing sprint, it comes out with a slight delays. It really shouldnt be a problem when the keyboard provides so many keys... 

i will agree with OP that the responsiveness could be better

of course we dont want to have like 42 different keys for every different duck/dodge/dive/dip/dodge that we need to do

but it would be nice if the roll vs sprint functioned could be streamlined/normalized some

i constantly have issues with jump being unresponsive as well (trying to jump over a small railing while next to it, can only jump if i am not moving)

I use mouse wheel up and down for weapon change. I cant manage to just use down. 
I use ALT for block so I cant really use that for Roll, Q could be used to roll but then the inventory menu wouldnt have a button. 

I definitely agree with this.  Many games that use the sprint/roll key combo often feel floaty and unresponsive.  I think the idea of either double-tapping crouch or forward would be the best solution.

Make it an option though so there isn't a thread asking for it to be changed back .3 seconds after it gets implemented.

Making it double tap on the crouch key actually makes more sense. There's no real good reason for rolling being an annoyence to crouching. both make your hitbox smaller and make you slow.

The only real problem I see with it being on the crouch key is people accidentally rolling instead of sliding, but no one really slides anymore.