Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus 2.0

zoboso

Having upgraded units change combat when they show up would be ideal for improving repetitive missions. Below are simple ideas for unit upgrades, each ideas has a name ending in us, unit types that can be upgrades, and a simple change to make combat different for engaging that unit.

Utilimus

Units that have an ability that isn't a ranged unit's shooting or a melee unit's regular melee attack, i.e. grenades, grappling lines, seeker's rollers, toxic ancient's roar, tech's deployment, etc.

These units will have their special action made more frequent.

based on: Halo's Catch skull

Wardimus

Humanoid Melee units

These units will gain damage resistance like the Warden's except the bonus damage is on all types of finishers instead of just stealth finishers.

For: encouraging the use of finishers and using your melee weapon

Warimus

All units

These units will gain damage resistance like the Warden's except the bonus damage is on head-shots instead of .

For: encouraging the use of ammo and energy conservation.

Cloudimus

All units

When a player enters the aura: that player's way-point markers are removed from the hud's map and replaced with an objective maker pointing at this enemy, until this enemy is killed.

Resistimus

All units

Weaknesses and vulnerabilities are doubled, and yes Fossilized units will be healed by radiation damage.

feel free to add your own ideas

I think DE is actually already planning an eximus rework.  Spragg and Ven'Kra seemed like Unique Eximi strength units and DE is known to test planned mechanics in special missions.

We (the forums/the playerbase) have requested more mini-bosses as separate from the eximus class of elite units. We know that the juggernaut is pushing things in that direction. My eximus units are supposed to be in the middle of massive armies of fodder and minibosses.

Due to a low reception on this idea, and while I think that there might be a better section for this, I decided to bump this with the rationale for how each new eximus type would improve the game in the order the types were listed in my original post.

Utilimus

Units that have an ability that isn't a ranged unit's shooting or a melee unit's regular melee attack, i.e. grenades, grappling lines, seeker's rollers, toxic ancient's roar, tech's deployment, etc.

These units will have their special action made more frequent.

The reason that making this special action more frequent is that these abilities change how combating theses units are played against because what once was a little thing that made them different instead becomes brought to the fore. 

Troopers, Crewpeople & Lancers have grenades, if the Grenade throw was changed to be more frequent then holding still and protecting a singular position becomes more difficult because of all of the grenades landing there.

The grappling lines of Ancients and Scorpions if made more frequent would force the player to prioritize the unit restricting their movement or accept being swarmed/deprived of cover.

Seekers would summon more rollers this would be in line of them using robotic scouts to seek out opponents.

Toxic ancients roar being made more frequent would make them more of something to melee in a judicious manner

Tech's Drone summoning would cause a osprey swarm, unfortunately unless the other osprey types are added this would only make the tech more durable if the player does not have poison damage.