Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Not There Any Ahs?

Suuns

I gave everyone a very clear explanation on how theres no ripoff. I repeat, BOTH PARTIES CONSENT BEFORE TRADE. With that said you arent ripping off someone who sets/agrees to any price as long as both people consent the trade.

A real ripoff is selling someone something that has a SET value and you sell it for more than that and the other party doesnt know.

This game prevents ripoffs by not having set-in-stone prices for players to go off of. Therefore an item can be worth 10 plat to one guy and 20 plat to another because its the individual buyer and seller valuing it, each has there own set values.

Im not trying to sound hostile but does explain the current better for you?

You just repeated yourself. The tumor is growing.

WoW has/had player driven economy and as i recall, (vanilla, TBC) all players were happy with it. 

Why not leave the Bazaar just as it is (trading tab) create auction house and limit current purchasing, just like rank trade limitation, add fee not small, high fee (credits) and make buyout/bid system. everyone looks for good deal, there is an unofficial web site like warframetrading which players use for guide when they are trading Prices go (Lowest,Mid,Highest) so why not implement that system in game?

Also I welcome player market idea, anything just to get rid of that trading tab xD We live in future space world for god's sake we need more developed methods :P (not that we NEED, but it would be less time consuming + more it's more fun to do ninja stuff instead of merchant's)

AH don't solve buying power, only selling will.

Eg In an auction house  in ah you want to sell a r5 core for 100 plat, you put all your cores at that price.

All others sellers would retire their cores and put them at 99plat, to sell them the highest price not losing money to their best competitor(you).

If r5 cores are going to be very needed people will buy them, if not, only some desperate one would buy them and the price would go down slowly as the trend of missed purchases is estabilished.

With a tradepost instead you list your FIXED price, it won't be subject to higher bets, it will always stay that.

Then some buyer will also list his buying order, eg 5 cores for 5 plat. Now that might be too low to accept, but if someone really need plat it will accept, making the real price average soon to the real price on the market. If not the buying order will just be stay ignored.

Normally real prices are in the middle of the best selling offer and the best buying order, and a trade post serve this logic, as a trade is what is best for both parts.

Also the current trades follow this logic, just it is not automated.

Auction house does not follow that logic at all, and makes prices to skew only in favor of power sellers.

Edited by perfectStranger

AH don't solve buying power, only selling will.

Eg in ah you want to sell a r5 core for 100 plat, you put allyour cores at that price.

All others would retire their cores and put them at 99plat, to sell them the highest not losing money to their best competitor.

If r5 cores are going to be very needed people will buy them, if not, only some would buy them and the price would go down slowly.

With a tradepost instead you list your FIXED price, it won't be subject to higher bets, it will always stay that.

Then some buyer will also list his buying order, eg 5 cores for 5 plat. Now that might be too low to accept, but if someone really need plat it will accept, making the real price average soon to the real price on the market. If not the buying order will just be stay ignored.

Normally real prices are in the middle of the best selling offer and the best buying order, and a trade post follow this logic.

Also the current trades follow this logic, but it is not automated.

Auction house does not follow that logic at all, and makes prices to skew only in favor of power sellers.

So if I put an item into the auction house for 10 plat and somebody else puts the same item for 9 plat. I will then take out my item and put it again for 9 plat. So I lose 2 plat already (assuming the cut is 10%). Please which economic university did you visit again?

Edited by Deccode

So if I put an item into the auction house for 10 plat and somebody else puts the same item for 9 plat. I will then take out my item and put it again for 9 plat. So I lose 2 plat already (assuming the cut is 10%). Please which economic university did you visit again?

tell me, when you need to go and buy bread you go to a market or to an auction house?

Then by all means, tell me how an auction house beats out what I just said. And if you say it rips off people then explain to me how in any way it does

You mean the fact that a new guy enters warframe drops a loki p helm and sells it for 5 plat because thats what the buyer told him it is worth isn't ripping somebody off? And the fact that there arent any auction houses so he can compare his found with the items in the auction house is so bad for the community. Oh look can't cure cancer... tumor to big.

tell me, when you need to go and buy bread you go to a market or to an auction house?

If there would be a place where I can leave my home enter a 10 meter away auction house not wait in line and find bread in less what it would take me in a market then I would go to the auction house. Nice comparison, really.

Edited by Deccode

-snip-

If there would be a place where I can leave my home enter a 10 meter away auction house not wait in line and find bread in less what it would take me in a market then I would go to the auction house. Nice comparison, really.

then all the bakeries should go auction house mode, poor them, and their business

[edit] For the snipped part: a player ask in trade for a price check: pc <insert name of the good  here>

Then he gets random people's whispers for the suggested price of the good of the trade

Edited by perfectStranger

You mean the fact that a new guy enters warframe drops a loki p helm and sells it for 5 plat because thats what the buyer told him it is worth isn't ripping somebody off? And the fact that there arent any auction houses so he can compare his found with the items in the auction house is so bad for the community. Oh look can't cure cancer... tumor to big.

and yet theres like 3 websites you can visit for 3 different opinions of pricing AND if he looks in trade for about 5 minutes hed see what other people sell Loki p helm for. Hell theres a whole chunk of THIS website dedicated to websites like that. If he doesnt check out what one guys opinion on price and agrees then how does that make us the bad guy? If its a kid then its debateable but mature 15 and up person? They can find the info themselves if they look, and if they cant even do that then how do I fix that?

You cant do anything about it if they agree to a supposed "overprice" even when they have the tools to make good trades with readily available at the press of a button.

Problem solved

then all the bakeries should go auction house mode, poor them, and their business

[edit] For the snipped part: a player ask in trade for a price check: pc <insert name of the good  here>

Then he gets random people's whispers for the suggested price of the good of the trade

Yeah that works perfectly. You got the ones telling you: "it's worht 50 plat meh not much hey wanna sell it btw for 50 plat I don't have any right now left so I could need yours if it is for a fair price like 50 plat, WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU GONNA ASK MORE PEOPLE PFF A****** DONT ASK NEXT TIME IDIOT XAXAXA"; or you get the following response "it's worth 5 plat I bought mine for 5 plat" which happened 5 months ago and nobody sells it to you for 5 plat for the next 7 days and you question yourself wtf everybody is lying.

Edit: I don't know any of the websites you are suggesting. I better hope those are updated daily with all regions and platforms.

Edited by Deccode

Yeah that works perfectly. You got the ones telling you: "it's worht 50 plat meh not much hey wanna sell it btw for 50 plat I don't have any right now left so I could need yours if it is for a fair price like 50 plat, WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU GONNA ASK MORE PEOPLE PFF A****** DONT ASK NEXT TIME IDIOT XAXAXA"; or you get the following response "it's worth 5 plat I bought mine for 5 plat" which happened 5 months ago and nobody sells it to you for 5 plat for the next 7 days and you question yourself wtf everybody is lying.

Edit: I don't know any of the websites you are suggesting. I better hope those are updated daily with all regions and platforms.

ok

Well they update weekly or bi-weekly I think but youd have to look at each site for that. As for actual sites, look for the fansites on warframe.com, theres one called Tenno Armoury and another called Tradeframe I think not sure. And I dont region and platform is relevant since we all have the same items and same currency

Well they update weekly or bi-weekly I think but youd have to look at each site for that. As for actual sites, look for the fansites on warframe.com, theres one called Tenno Armoury and another called Tradeframe I think not sure. And I dont region and platform is relevant since we all have the same items and same currency

but not same prices

Ever played a game with a true player driven economy like EvE online? Prices there are not rock bottom either on the contrary PLEX went up and is currently sky high. (PLEX = time code purchasable via in game currency or RL cash and salable for in game currency only) game items stabilize at prices the community sees fit to pay for them. It´s like the other dude said, those against AH are those that rip off noobs. An AH would offer the new guy some measurement what certain items are considered worth.

Just limit the number of offers and purchases that can be made and include a small fee so that offers do not get adjusted all the time. 

i ripped off some people in the past, and i totally agree with you, this game needs an AH