Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Not There Any Ahs?

Suuns

Greetings Tenno,

Just want to know why don't we have Auction Houses?

Tried to sell something on trading channel, many prime items tbh, but as soon as I pushed enter, my text got lost up chat bar by another sellers. Isn't that a problem for you guys? or isn't it even boring as hell to shout the names of goods you are trying to sell all day long like in a bazaar? To me It would be much more easier and comfortable to have Auction House on my ship and see all the stuff which is out for sale compare prices and put reasonable price on my goods too. 

P.S.

Maybe it's because it will hit Warframe's economy or something idk I'm not good at such kind of things, but as I see it, it would be more handy to buy and sell things quicker and without struggle.

P.S.S

You may think that I was selling crappy stuff and that's why it didn't work for me but no. Same struggle is any time I want to Buy something.

i guess that would break the trade if we have something like that , everyone will go for the cheapest 

i guess we can do it just by posting that we sell a mod , no price no commentary just i sell that, who wanna byu it? leave me a pm

that would be fine (if we can also send message in the game)

It's been mentioned and avoided because: a) having a AH would drastically lower prices on items that already cost 1/2/3 plat by flooding the market suddenly (that's cause not everyone uses the market as is. b) there's some fear of having the same catastrophe as D3's AH since there is an aspect of real life currency being used in trades (P2W essentially) c) we've seen AH in other games and we're challenging DE to come up with something new and innovative lol

May I know why? :) and what do you mean by player shop and market? maybe we are talking about same thing? :P

Huh... Player shop would actually work better since not everything will be sold in one place thus not necessarily driving the price down as much as an AH...

Greetings Tenno,

Just want to know why don't we have Auction Houses?

Tried to sell something on trading channel, many prime items tbh, but as soon as I pushed enter, my text got lost up chat bar by another sellers. Isn't that a problem for you guys? or isn't it even boring as hell to shout the names of goods you are trying to sell all day long like in a bazaar? To me It would be much more easier and comfortable to have Auction House on my ship and see all the stuff which is out for sale compare prices and put reasonable price on my goods too. 

P.S.

Maybe it's because it will hit Warframe's economy or something idk I'm not good at such kind of things, but as I see it, it would be more handy to buy and sell things quicker and without struggle

P.S.S

You may think that I was selling crappy stuff and that's why it didn't work for me but no. Same struggle is any time I want to Buy something.

Use the forums trade post, it's far better than in game.

May I know why? :) and what do you mean by player shop and market? maybe we are talking about same thing? :P

A player shop for Warframe would be a keyosk in the player ship that allows you to list your items for sale at a specific price. The market essentially connects all player shops in a search engine which allows any player to search for a specific item and by price from their own ship. If you find what you are looking for then you can click on purchase whether it is for credits or platinum then the currency is removed from your balance and the trade occurs without any direct player interaction. 

i said it before and i ll say it again

the ONLY players against any form of an auctions house, are the players that are currently ripping off new players with way too high prices and basically getting free platinum.

Lol this is so true. Diablo 3 auction house was fine, the real money auction house was a terrible.

Edit: I fu**ing hate Cabal Online.

Edited by Deccode

Because anyone who opposes a controlled market are scalpers who take advantage of new players, and said new players buy platinum to buy said overpriced items unknowingly that they are being completely shafted price wise.

Devs will make more platinum the way it is now. Simple as. If there is an ingame publicized price listing for items, eventually people will undercut in desperation meaning less platinum is bought and used SOMEWHERE, or everyone overprices things and nothing gets sold and in turn no one buys platinum to buy said items.

It will never happen.

I personally do not want an auction house however I do want a player shop and market.

I would love to have a player shop and market.

the ONLY players against any form of an auctions house, are the players that are currently ripping off new players with way too high prices and basically getting free platinum.

I would like to disagree here. An AH would be bad because essentially everything will get undercut in price until everything is worth basically nothing. I am a trader and no I don't rip people off but I sell for reasonable prices that are negotiable. And since you are stating that ONLY and ALL people who disagree are people who sell things for a ridiculous price, I want some evidence behind this statement.

Action house is a bad implementation of trade, give voice only to sellers, creates power sellers.

A tradepost would work far far better, but if you start a post with the "action house" concept I can see were you  are coming from, and i can tell you that an auction house is a very self limiting concept to wish for for a trade system.

Also i very appreciate the limited trades per day this game has, they are related to mastery rank and thus is not possible to create and destroy powersellers/buyers accounts from a day to another just moving capitals or goods among them.

No.

We will see something like this eventually, I am sure. Then we will have all KINDS of big problems besides the clan tax fiasco.

The trade system in game isn't perfect, but it works for what it was supposed to be.

ALL we would need now is people selling Polymer bundles in lots of 100 for 100k credits... Or Orokin Cells for 500k apiece.*cringe* (You think I JOKE?)

Sure SOME people would like it and take it totally out of control. Look at most online games that have Auction Houses and you will see why MANY players look at it and go 'OH, HELL NO!'

Edited by Kalenath

Guess you didnt try D3 AH...

The guy who set it up got also fired from blizzard because of that (and other things ofc) that basically ruined the game

I would love to have a player shop and market.

I would like to disagree here. An AH would be bad because essentially everything will get undercut in price until everything is worth basically nothing. I am a trader and no I don't rip people off but I sell for reasonable prices that are negotiable. And since you are stating that ONLY and ALL people who disagree are people who sell things for a ridiculous price, I want some evidence behind this statement.

Ever played a game with a true player driven economy like EvE online? Prices there are not rock bottom either on the contrary PLEX went up and is currently sky high. (PLEX = time code purchasable via in game currency or RL cash and salable for in game currency only) game items stabilize at prices the community sees fit to pay for them. It´s like the other dude said, those against AH are those that rip off noobs. An AH would offer the new guy some measurement what certain items are considered worth.

Just limit the number of offers and purchases that can be made and include a small fee so that offers do not get adjusted all the time. 

You do realize that all trades require CONSENT from both parties TWICE before the trade goes through right? That means no one gets ripped off in trade because there is NO SET value on anything, its just made up prices based on rarity by the playerbase. The current system prevents ripoffs because ITS IMPOSSIBLE to rip anyone off. If someone wants to pay me 100 plat for Ammo Drum, for example, ill agree for 2 reasons:

1. Its more plat for me

2. He set the price, therefore he wants to pay that price. I will assume he did his homework, but again he WANTS to pay me that amount

You do realize that all trades require CONSENT from both parties TWICE before the trade goes through right? That means no one gets ripped off in trade because there is NO SET value on anything, its just made up prices based on rarity by the playerbase. The current system prevents ripoffs because ITS IMPOSSIBLE to rip anyone off. If someone wants to pay me 100 plat for Ammo Drum, for example, ill agree for 2 reasons:

1. Its more plat for me

2. He set the price, therefore he wants to pay that price. I will assume he did his homework, but again he WANTS to pay me that amount

Wow dude reading your explaination on why there is no rip off gave me cancer.

Ever played a game with a true player driven economy like EvE online? Prices there are not rock bottom either on the contrary PLEX went up and is currently sky high. (PLEX = time code purchasable via in game currency or RL cash and salable for in game currency only) game items stabilize at prices the community sees fit to pay for them. It´s like the other dude said, those against AH are those that rip off noobs. An AH would offer the new guy some measurement what certain items are considered worth.

Just limit the number of offers and purchases that can be made and include a small fee so that offers do not get adjusted all the time. 

WoW has/had player driven economy and as i recall, (vanilla, TBC) all players were happy with it. 

Why not leave the Bazaar just as it is (trading tab) create auction house and limit current purchasing, just like rank trade limitation, add fee not small, high fee (credits) and make buyout/bid system. everyone looks for good deal, there is an unofficial web site like warframetrading which players use for guide when they are trading Prices go (Lowest,Mid,Highest) so why not implement that system in game?

Also I welcome player market idea, anything just to get rid of that trading tab xD We live in future space world for god's sake we need more developed methods :P (not that we NEED, but it would be less time consuming + more it's more fun to do ninja stuff instead of merchant's)

Wow dude reading your explaination on why there is no rip off gave me cancer.

I gave everyone a very clear explanation on how theres no ripoff. I repeat, BOTH PARTIES CONSENT BEFORE TRADE. With that said you arent ripping off someone who sets/agrees to any price as long as both people consent the trade.

A real ripoff is selling someone something that has a SET value and you sell it for more than that and the other party doesnt know.

This game prevents ripoffs by not having set-in-stone prices for players to go off of. Therefore an item can be worth 10 plat to one guy and 20 plat to another because its the individual buyer and seller valuing it, each has there own set values.

Im not trying to sound hostile but does explain the current better for you?