Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nothing On Failure.

Webmage

Ok i get it you dint want people farming the cronos blueprint but you get nothing at all but xp if you fail is just a bad idea. Theres really nothing much more to say we all know this patch was over the top and too much just the cronos BP nerf was fine all the rest of this stuff is just a bad idea im sure they will change it next update but do we really have to deal with this S#&$ all week?( Of course we do.)

So you actually complain that you loose something if you fail. Thats hilarious....

What about this. Why not make even more mods as a reward for failure? I mean. Since people cant handle a punishment for failing, we really have to make it something people really like, dont ya think.

Edited by Venarge

Defense missions I can understand as you are trying to test yourself but, now I don't even wanna go past Wave 10 because I might lose all those Mods I just gained. I can understand if you abort and lose all those mods and credits but failing a mission just makes this game down right mean.

I don't mind this feature. I mean if I got something I really want like for example a Multi Shot Mod, I'm gonna go hardcore and try my best so that I don't fail the mission. It's the thrill yah know. Some people are just used to games that have no consequences upon death. Look at Dark Souls for one, it's a very hard game, you die you lose all your souls and humanity and when that game came out a bunch of people rage quit because they couldn't handle such situations.

Not even Monster Hunter nor various other "hardcorish"-hard games aren't as punishing as Warframe at the moment.

bare in mind if you're going to name examples, remember especially the following line:

Warframe is an always online game with a possibility to do missions both as solo and in groups.

I'll be eagerly waiting for your E.G.-games...

Not even Monster Hunter nor various other "hardcorish"-hard games aren't as punishing as Warframe at the moment.

bare in mind if you're going to name examples, remember especially the following line:

Warframe is an always online game with a possibility to do missions both as solo and in groups.

I'll be eagerly waiting for your E.G.-games...

So Dark Souls doesnt punish you with the loss of all your gathered souls? I forgot, it does

Besides that. You can easily farm those lost things once again. So no need to make a fuss out of a little more challenge...

So Dark Souls doesnt punish you with the loss of all your gathered souls? I forgot, it does

Besides that. You can easily farm those lost things once again. So no need to make a fuss out of a little more challenge...

"Souls are a form of currency and experience points in Dark Souls. They are dropped by some enemies when they die, but can also be found as loot. Players spend souls to level up their character as well as to purchase items from merchants. Each level up requires an increasing number of souls. If the player dies however, all the souls that he's collected so far are lost, and are left at the bloodstain where he was killed. If the newly resurrected player can make it back to the bloodstain he can recover the lost souls. However, if he dies again on the way back to the bloodstain he will lose the souls permanently."

- Quotation from here: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/FAQ

Nice try, but medal for you. Not to mention you'd be only losing souls instead of everything you'ce picked up during the session.

Also the gameplay is played around static-map instead of randomized-instances in Dark Souls.

Edited by Pave

"Souls are a form of currency and experience points in Dark Souls. They are dropped by some enemies when they die, but can also be found as loot. Players spend souls to level up their character as well as to purchase items from merchants. Each level up requires an increasing number of souls. If the player dies however, all the souls that he's collected so far are lost, and are left at the bloodstain where he was killed. If the newly resurrected player can make it back to the bloodstain he can recover the lost souls. However, if he dies again on the way back to the bloodstain he will lose the souls permanently."

- Quotation from here: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/FAQ

Nice try, but medal for you. Not to mention you'd be only losing souls instead of everything you'ce picked up during the session.

Also the gameplay is played around static-map instead of randomized-instances in Dark Souls.

What does the map have to do with the fact that you still loose every last soul?

I mean. People act like they would never ever get those mods again... Its just hilarious

Edited by Venarge

Death should have consequences but you died there goes everything is just annoying on normal missions alone throw in defense missions and its just a bad time mkay. Not to mention all the crafting materials (alloy plates) that were already a pain in the &#! to get.

What does the map have to do with the fact that you still loose every last soul?

I mean. People act like they would never ever get those mods again... Its just hilarious

Technicaly you are right. But losing out Multishot or rare uber skill because of a bug is not something that you can just shrug off and go meh.

Technicaly you are right. But losing out Multishot or rare uber skill because of a bug is not something that you can just shrug off and go meh.

Yeah, bugs are normal in a beta. Why should they remove a feature that works ok besides the bugs. This way, we shouldnt get any new content because it could conflict with some bugs.

I do understand that these defense missions or missions with lost payload or locked doors are annoying. But that doesnt mean the system itself isnt ok. Bugs will be fixed and mods can be found again.

It's over the top for defence missions but it's okay for every other mission. There has to be a consequence for dying. On defense missions you should keep everything you gathered before the last opt-out. So you keep everything you earned till wave 5 but need to finish wave 10 to get everything you found since wave 6.

Death should have consequences but you died there goes everything is just annoying on normal missions alone throw in defense missions and its just a bad time mkay. Not to mention all the crafting materials (alloy plates) that were already a pain in the &#! to get.

I dont see why the game should let you have the stuff you gathered after your death. You store it during the mission. You die in a mission: Your dead body remains. Therefore, no mods in the inventory after mission failure since you couldnt bring them home.

Edited by Venarge

Same could be said about missing a Catalyst/Reactor Blueprint. It takes time, and they might even fail the next time as well. Doesn't mean it can't be tedious nor frustrating.

Ok i get it you dint want people farming the cronos blueprint but you get nothing at all but xp if you fail is just a bad idea. Theres really nothing much more to say we all know this patch was over the top and too much just the cronos BP nerf was fine all the rest of this stuff is just a bad idea im sure they will change it next update but do we really have to deal with this S#&$ all week?( Of course we do.)

We can only hope they will never change it, now the game makes more sense and completing missions has meaning

Because simply put: Why this game needs to "hate" their players?

Think of it like this: If the game encourages you to try again instead of simply stabbing you to death, would you try to play this game again?

Each Mission faiure should be considered as learning experience instead of just an punisment.

You're already losing something(s) though when there's a loss: Aside of course your time, you'll lose all the used consumables (revives, ammo-boxes, health-boxes, etc.), and you'll miss the mission-reward(s). Maybe some other punishments are to included in future too. But I personally at least liked the Monster Hunter (freedom/portable 3)-level of punishment for failing or aborting the mission(s).

It's kinda like having a drop option, only to in reality actually detroy the items, instead of either having a possibility to pick up the item later. Or someone else to yoink it for better usage.

Heck, I'll make it even more simple: Failure/death in video-games should just an annoyance. Not escalated into a game-breaking-"rage-quit"-feature.

Granted, there simply games where death has no consequences (say like in BioShock), to real annoyances (like in various games where loss means losing a huge sum of cash/credits from your account, like in Borderlands (I.E. Cheap Money-sinks).

Tediousity nor frustation shouldn't be features for any games. Challenge, yes. But good challenges are actually fun, instead of downright being annoying (like baddly designed puzzle-games, which are purely based on luck / randomly generated numbers).

This "feature" of the topic ain't no challenge; it's just a downright cheap sucker punch, especially in the current state of the game.

In conclusion: Why'd this game needs to be worse than the various other games it's being compared to/competing with?