The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bobble Heads And Top Hats

wrongkoi

So, I feel that Warframe has perhaps departed or begun its departure from that certain feel that was first instilled in it. There's nothing wrong with taking some creative liberties or adding some slightly out of place elements, but I feel with the most recent update, the devs have gotten a little too loose handed.

My chief issues with this update would be that Limbo has a top hat, which is just so out of place to me. There's no criteria that every frame needs to follow by any means, but if we have one with a top hat, we may as well give Excalibur a pair of assless chaps. It's just a little too off for me. I think of Tenno as being a more cold calculated bunch.

The Yakuza have full body tattoos often depicting ancient Japanese legends and events that occur in proverbs and whatnot; I feel like certain frames capture the same sort of element in that Zephyr is representative of a bird and all that jazz. It's just a little silly to me that a defender of the universe would wear a top hat.

Now on to my final issue-- the bobble heads. We were told there would be liset customization; I was very excited about it. What came to mind initially was reminiscent of dojo customization, which would have been perfect, but I was unhappy to find that we got bobble heads. Now in this game, there is a reason, a real, lore-based reason for just about everything. What is the origin of the bobble heads? Who is crafting bobble heads and then selling them to the Tenno in exchange for the most valuable form of currency in this universe? 

For me, the bottom line really is that 21st century concepts should be scarcely and subtly implemented if at all and I just think a top hat and bobble heads are too far. My main issue rests with the bobble heads; I understand the appeal of the top hat, it just wierds me out

Edited by ronkkk

You can't tell?  He's the gentleman frame. The coattails, the top hat, the way he holds 2 handed melee weapons, the way he holds the hand with a pistol behind his back ( with noble animations ).  Everything.   I don't care for his abilities much but he looks awesome.

Well the thing about that is that Warframe departed from its initial vibe a long time ago, way before U15. It can never go back, but it has adopted something new that makes Warframe unique and interesting still. The tenno still have a stoic, dignified, and mysterious personality but they now also have a touch a character. It's nothing too exuberant.

You can't say that Limbo doesn't have style. Every Warframe including/after Hydroid is a theme frame depicting a type of person; pirate, jester, and gentleman respectively. Rhino, Valkyr, and Zephyr are animal theme frames. Ember, Frost, Volt, and Saryn are elemental theme frames, and Excalibur, Trinity, and Oberon are based on knight, healer, and paladin archetypes. Limbo has as much of a place in Warframe as any of the other kooky Frames. :)

I cant feel anything about warframe in terms of its feel or aesthetics when I look at the bobble heads. Nothing feels consistent anymore. They just dont fit. Say what you will about the design of limbo, if it results in more interesting and off the wall abilities I guess I can chill when it comes to frame aesthetics. But the mystery and possible depth of the environment or lore that has been built up to this point has taken a hit in my mind. I just cant bring myself to care much for it. It doesn't repulse me, its far away from that but now I just feel bland.

When I heard liset customization I assumed moving the panels around to fit your needs, colouring sections. Maybe different types of lights. Not this.

Aye, m8s. this game is going in direction of becoming another setting-less and lore-less wankerie, like some LoL or HoN, where ancient alien, robot and an undead king may meet together in one place and nobody will blink an aye, continuing to grind and donate so that developers could deliver more silly looking hats

I cant feel anything about warframe in terms of its feel or aesthetics when I look at the bobble heads. Nothing feels consistent anymore. They just dont fit. Say what you will about the design of limbo, if it results in more interesting and off the wall abilities I guess I can chill when it comes to frame aesthetics. But the mystery and possible depth of the environment or lore that has been built up to this point has taken a hit in my mind. I just cant bring myself to care much for it. It doesn't repulse me, its far away from that but now I just feel bland.

When I heard liset customization I assumed moving the panels around to fit your needs, colouring sections. Maybe different types of lights. Not this.

My sentiments exactly. I get the hat thing, I can deal with it (especially with his alt helmet), but the bobble heads are just kinda too much. I mean, they're in there; not like DE is gonna get rid of them which is understandable. I'm just gonna pretend like they don't exist.
Edited by ronkkk