The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins

LoveNot

This is somewhat surprising to read...

I mean, they gave us the chance to drop something that was only Platinum stuff and people complains? Seriously?

I spent some plat to buy the colors palette and one Immortal Skin for Ash. I do regret having done so? Not really, because I had it right off the bat, without having to search for it and hope I got the right drop and stuff like that... I also supported the game which, people tends to forget, is Free to Play and allows for everyone (Paying or not.) to achieve the same fighting potential.

Had it been a game with a monthly fee, then aye, I would have been more than slightly annoyed... But on this? No way...

The way I see it, is that people is going to be cray cray because 'X got that thing free and I had to pay for it!'...

I wonder if these people complains about them having to buy cars while others can win them at stuff like lotteries and similar events...

It's not about the money spent (at least in my case). I would have spent money on this game either way because I think DE deserves it. The game is fun for me, therefore I support the game.

What's not nice about this is that I do not wish to spend platinum on items that I can get by grinding. I don't mind waiting and I don't mind doing things the hard way. But it's the "not knowing if I can just wait" that bothers me.

I think it's great that more people have access to cosmetics without having to pay for them. But I wish they had told us sooner about this decision instead of dropping it down on us like that (if that's really the case). It's not about paying, it's about being able to trust.

Your paragon is quite inaccurate.

To clarify why it so with your own example:

You paid $50 and entered the concert. You enjoyed it, the band performed some songs and you danced. Later in the night, they allowed random people to random enter it. They're enjoying the same music you are enjoying as well, but you did it way before them. You had been free to enter right as you paid the ticket, while them had to hope for a lucky chance to enter it.

You still got advantages for having spent your money but, yes, you can regret that you could have not spent it and hoped for a lucky draw outside.

But it's not that *everyone* waiting outside is entering (You need to be lucky.), it's not that they're sitting in front of you (The item are the same...), your money had brought you the advantage of being instantaneusly allowed in. (In game-terms, you had obtained the benefit off the bat...)

Also, while you can regret having spent the money, it doesn't change that for a period of time you have enjoyed the benefits your spent money had. And while you can return the money, you can't return the time you had spent at the concert... (Or wearing the Immortal skin...)

You can want for your money to be refounded, and totally deserve the right of believing being entitled about it.

But in all honestly I simply believe, as an Immortal skin purchaser, that we do not deserve a refound.

*Edit*

@CatJam: So I did, I got myself an Ash Immortal Skin... With Real Money... (Capital letters to make it sound more important...)

Cool, I enjoyed it and am still enjoying it...

Someone can get it for free? Yay for him! It doesn't make my purchase less useful to me...

I would use a different analogy.

You bought a movie on DVD you watched and enjoyed it.  Months later it's on TV and people watched it for free.  You feel cheated.

You may have thought that the movie would only ever be available on DVD  but no-one promised that to you at the time.

I would use a different analogy.

You bought a movie on DVD you watched and enjoyed it.  Months later it's on TV and people watched it for free.  You feel cheated.

You may have thought that the movie would only ever be available on DVD  but no-one promised that to you at the time.

That is quite a bad analogy, no one in the world would ever expect a movie to only be available on one media, DVD.

This on the other hand is a game that makes it's money out of players buying items like cosmetics for real money and has a history of NEVER including any of the cosmetic items in the games drop tables. When they then introduce them into the game without even a notice understandably quite a few players will start to question if there is any point at all in buying such accesories since DE might just add anything down the line. Which in turn will make people be a lot less inclined to spend their money since it might turn out to be a waste.

As to the whole "no one promised you it would be exclusive" "you wanted it you got it" argument even thought there is some truth to those, it is more about the statement DE makes when flipping the finger to all of those who paid for those items. I would say that it is generally never a good idea to cause discontent among your paying customers. Remember the Kubrow scrambler??? Those got refunded, just saying.

I have 1 question to the people complaining about this change: have actually TRIED to farm for the skins?

They are freaking ridiculous to get. Of the few caches and containers I managed to find, I've only gotten a full forma and Castana research bp. Yes, RESEARCH BPs. I cant begin to imagine how cluttered the drops list governing the containers are but getting a skin is rare, and the ones you want, even more rare, you might as well be banging your head agaisnt a mountain and pray it turns into sand before your head caves in,

Farming cosmetics is gonna be way, WAY more rng based then the voids and they take more time. So you can takes days searching for what you are looking for (and remember, you cant trade those bps so if you get repeats, too bad) or just pay with plat, the same as it always been.

Dont go complaining because you paid for things you enjoyed before everyone else, when anyone who doesnt want to pay has to grind like crazy.

I have 1 question to the people complaining about this change: have actually TRIED to farm for the skins?

They are freaking ridiculous to get. Of the few caches and containers I managed to find, I've only gotten a full forma and Castana research bp. Yes, RESEARCH BPs. I cant begin to imagine how cluttered the drops list governing the containers are but getting a skin is rare, and the ones you want, even more rare, you might as well be banging your head agaisnt a mountain and pray it turns into sand before your head caves in,

Farming cosmetics is gonna be way, WAY more rng based then the voids and they take more time. So you can takes days searching for what you are looking for (and remember, you cant trade those bps so if you get repeats, too bad) or just pay with plat, the same as it always been.

Dont go complaining because you paid for things you enjoyed before everyone else, when anyone who doesnt want to pay has to grind like crazy.

1st: We don't have to farm because we wasted 240 plat. If we HAD the option to farm it for free, I am sure, very sure, quite sure, that atleast half of those who spent plat on immortal skins would have rather farmed it. I know I would. Then I could have saved 240 plat -_-...

2nd: I don't feel like talking to the "opposing team" because obviously something is not being understood.

3rd: Arguments have already been said. I don't think we can get a opinion that will view this whole matter in a different light.

4th: So far about update 15 a few of the only things that is going great is the idles and syndicates and a few small things. The rest has bugs and a lot of conflict.

5th: I think this discussion is done because I just went off topic.

1st: We don't have to farm because we wasted 240 plat. If we HAD the option to farm it for free, I am sure, very sure, quite sure, that atleast half of those who spent plat on immortal skins would have rather farmed it. I know I would. Then I could have saved 240 plat -_-...

2nd: I don't feel like talking to the "opposing team" because obviously something is not being understood.

3rd: Arguments have already been said. I don't think we can get a opinion that will view this whole matter in a different light.

4th: So far about update 15 a few of the only things that is going great is the idles and syndicates and a few small things. The rest has bugs and a lot of conflict.

5th: I think this discussion is done because I just went off topic.

Thank you for completely misunderstanding what I said.

And yes, I would have farmed them - for a bit- before giving up, they are so ridiculously rare, I dont feel bad for spending plat on them. And now the option is there for people who cant pay for them, which is great, in my opinion. It just REALLY annoys me when this community uses every chance it gets to complain about things just to try to squeeze as much free stuff as they can.

If you want a recent example just look at the ability mod removal; people wanted legendary forma instead of a normal one, citing lost time but when the change happened and they realized they basically gained 12 - 15 mod points  for free and no legendary forma was ever needed, then they complain because now they feel they wasted their formas and wants those back.

The same is happening here and it's just damn annoying and greedy.

Edited by Burq

Still, that's not the point. Most of us bought those skins before the Update, DE didn't tell us about this, it was like a slap in the face.

Thank you for completely misunderstanding what I said.

And yes, I would have farmed them - for a bit- before giving up, they are so ridiculously rare, I dont feel bad for spending plat on them. And now the option is there for people who cant pay for them, which is great, in my opinion. It just REALLY annoys me when this community uses every chance it gets to complain about things just to try to squeeze as much free stuff as they can.

If you want a recent example just look at the ability mod removal; people wanted legendary forma instead of a normal one, citing lost time but when the change happened and they realized they basically gained 12 - 15 mod points for free and no legendary forma was ever needed, then they complain because now they feel they wasted their formas and wants those back.

The same is happening here and it's just damn annoying and greedy.

A bug? Finally some logic. Ok "opposing team" please leave the building.

@burq I understand completely what you said. I just stand with what I said in the first place.

The slots they told us before they did it. Its chilled with me. Why? Because they did tell us that it would happen.

As for "can not pay for it"

Who said you had to use real money? O use the market and can earn mega plat. Just go check at the trading part of the the recruitment page and check either most replied or viewed and you sill see one of my topics that is close to the top. So getting plat? Thats not the problem.

So this is now about fairness.but its all been said and has been solved.

Like I said "opposing team" you can leave now.

Another note towards Burq: calling others who you do not agree with greedy and annoying is not nice :)

I could quote so many that understood why this is "annoying" so many. But there wouldn't be enough space :p

Edit: Wait! I forgot something!!! Flame + ComMod shield up!

Edited by RevoThornax

All I see is Steve saying "thank you for bringing this to my attention". That could mean a number of different things. Did they state anywhere else that this is indeed unintended?

I believe that they/he would have said that it was intentional instead of being coy about it if it was indeed intentional...that's a assumption and the most we have to go on right now.

I believe that they/he would have said that it was intentional instead of being coy about it if it was indeed intentional...that's a assumption and the most we have to go on right now.

Yes, I agree. It's just that everyone seems so sure about it that I thought I had missed some official announcement about this.

I mean... does this mean that Syandanas, Armors, Sentinel accessories, Sentinel Skins, and Sugatras will be available without spending Platinum too?

Then i think they have to give us at least, at least 50% of our Platinum back. 

Edited by Hell_Berserker