Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Lacking

lncarnation

The one bonus from founder status I got, I kind of consider deleting from time to time. Didn't expect an op machine of pure destruction, just thought it had something that would make it worth while. Though all in all i'm not that disappointed because the game is worth putting money into.

It does have some advantage over the original Excalibur. However, I think the point is to avoid being pay-to-win. The disappointment I had with it was more due to the fact that I would've picked a different starting frame if I had known beforehand that I would be getting another, slightly superior, Excalibur after donating. 

Now my original Excalibur serves no purpose other than some potential mastery points down the road.

It does have some advantage over the original Excalibur. However, I think the point is to avoid being pay-to-win. The disappointment I had with it was more due to the fact that I would've picked a different starting frame if I had known beforehand that I would be getting another, slightly superior, Excalibur after donating. 

Now my original Excalibur serves no purpose other than some potential mastery points down the road.

It ... doesn't actually really have any advantages, except that it comes with a reactor.  It has an extra mod-slot marked with a polarity, but the polarity choice is one that only has two extant mods with the matching polarity (and one of them only affects powers, but has no effect on at least two of the four Excalibur powers).  I think most people I've heard from end up slotting an off-polarity mod in that slot, raising the cost.

I do wish I'd gotten the Mag at the beginning, for the same reasons you mentioned.  Altho' I did end up fusing all the Excal power cards for a cheap boost in skill damage.

Funny that the only people petitioning on a regular basis to make Warframe some kind of pay-to-win are the founders with rank Hunter and upwards.

Through wanting more for your already "a tad better than other Warframes/Wapons" you are not helping the game but only yourself.

You got a starter catalyst, you got an extra polarity slot, you got a "look i payd!!!11one"-look for Xcal & Weapons and lots of plat to spend on stuff.

Live with it!

Funny that the only people petitioning on a regular basis to make Warframe some kind of pay-to-win are the founders with rank Hunter and upwards.

Through wanting more for your already "a tad better than other Warframes/Wapons" you are not helping the game but only yourself.

You got a starter catalyst, you got an extra polarity slot, you got a "look i payd!!!11one"-look for Xcal & Weapons and lots of plat to spend on stuff.

Live with it!

As much as I hate feeding into flamers, why is it such a big deal that I'm dissatisfied with something I got? I already stated that it's not that big of a deal to me and that I like the game enough to support it as I could. It's my opinion that this exclusive benefit could be revoked and I wouldn't really miss it. None of my posts actually ask for better, it's simple feedback that there's a feature I got that I don't enjoy. That is the nature of things in an online gaming world. Honestly even a plain volt feels superior to prime.

I am in no way or form asking for this game to turn into a pay to win scenario, and I really enjoy the non pay to win features within the game.

What does coming into someones thread and being completely hostile gain for you?

As much as I hate feeding into flamers, why is it such a big deal that I'm dissatisfied with something I got? I already stated that it's not that big of a deal to me and that I like the game enough to support it as I could. It's my opinion that this exclusive benefit could be revoked and I wouldn't really miss it. None of my posts actually ask for better, it's simple feedback that there's a feature I got that I don't enjoy. That is the nature of things in an online gaming world. Honestly even a plain volt feels superior to prime.

I am in no way or form asking for this game to turn into a pay to win scenario, and I really enjoy the non pay to win features within the game.

What does coming into someones thread and being completely hostile gain for you?

Xcal is still one of the most damaging frames due to his low energy cost for slash dash and the fact that none of his damage skills suffers from enemy armor reduction. I don't play Xcal much but i prefer him over Volt anytime. And if you find my posts hostile thats your problem.. i merely stated facts and my own view on things.

Live with it! ^^

I will repost something that I have voiced about Prime and some other Frames before. 

In my opinion, having 2 'V' polarity mod slots Prime can be a handicap, there are only 2 'V' warframe mods in the whole game, Continuity (Power Duration) and Focus (Power Strength), and to some, both might not be necessary, and it is a bother for those who have to sacrifice a mod point to put something else in those slots to suit their playing style.

so my suggestions are :

- change one of those 2 'V' slots into something else
- convert other mods into 'V' polarity (i.e : Flow, Reach, Streamline)

Unless the Devs are going to add some better mods in with the V polarity.

I don't like that my Excalibur Prime is worse then a standard Excalibur because of the extra V slot.

Live with it!

Many actually view it as being INFERIOR to the original Excalibur, due to the extra polarity slot being a rubbish polarity that is useless to the frame. The complaint isn't "omg, why isn't it more OP I didn't just want it to be prettier" It's "Omg, why isn't the extra polarity slot we were given useful, if they wanted to give one at all. They could just take it away for all we care."

I'm fairly new but I've maxed both Excaliburs (I played normally for a bit, potato'd the vanilla one and then after about 20 hours gametime, decided to get the founders package mainly because I figured it had been worth that for the entertainment I'd had so far and I liked the developers behaviour in response to support tickets/other peoples forum posts).

I'm playing with the normal one for now and just keeping the Prime variant to see if it gets the 'wonky' slot changed or, if not, I keep it as a pokemon "gotta catch them all" trophy. I think it'd be a shame to dispose of it and then see it gets fixed in a future update.

On the Prime (as Datashade suggests is fairly common) I ran an out of polarity mod. I know the prime has a tiny stat difference (I think for shield recharge) but I don't notice any difference when playing.

With regard to Namacysts posts - I don't think anyone is asking for the Prime to be heavily changed, just a minor balance tweak, the extra slot is the wrong type. It's not going to make a massive difference, it would just make it a tiny bit better than the standard model, which is what I think was originally intended by the Prime. That change would give a reason to hang on to the Prime and dispose of the standard model, whereas currently people like the original poster are considering the opposite when they have both frames.

[edit - just to fix an ambiguous sentence]

Edited by mutant-sausage-dog

Oh yes it is. Keep your shorts on, they'll add more V mods in the future.

No its not.  I dont want the prime to be OP, I just want its slots to actually be worthwhile and useful.

If they had made it another type of actually useful polarity slot the warframe would be more usable.  As it stands I rarely use it because of the V polarity slot that it has that doesnt work with many of his powers.  Even if it didnt have that polarity slot at all it would be more useful than it is now.

With regard to Namacysts posts - I don't think anyone is asking for the Prime to be heavily changed, just a minor balance tweak, the extra slot is the wrong type. It's not going to make a massive difference, it would just make it a tiny bit better than the standard model, which is what I think was originally intended by the Prime. That change would give a reason to hang on to the Prime and dispose of the standard model, whereas currently people like the original poster are considering the opposite when they have both frames.

Just want to come in here and say this...with the coming prestige system, polarities won't really be a factor. At best it would cut the amount of farming down by 10% if the polarity was "proper". Also, as someone else posted, more V polarity mods are definitely in the works.

I would have to agree that it seems to be lacking.  The only thing that it has power over the normal one is the extra polarity slot and slightly better shield recharge. (The V type)

Currently there are only 2 mods that utilize this slot--Continuity(Power Duration[Only effecting Radial Blind] and Focus(Effecting Slash & Dash and Radial Javelin) -both of them not really fitting my place style with the Prime.  I think a better bonus for the Prime would have been better sprint speed, armor or health/stamina/energy.

It looks cool dont get me wrong I like it, but the extra V polarity I am finding to be more a problem than helping.  I hardly ever use Radial Blind so putting Continuity in the mod slot is worthless to me, but I cant use anything else because its going to make the cost go up for what I put in.

I would either like to see that polarity slot gone, changed, made optional or see more mods that would be useful for Prime.

<p>They've got to add some more V mods, otherwise Ash will be eternally sad.</p>

They have said that they want to do some work on Ash anyways, especially since they are going to give throwing knives/shuriken as side-arm weapons meaning they'll need to find a way to replace his shuriken ability.

None the less, the fact is that they are making more mods and will end up adding more in every category. While it is annoying to feel that something is not useful right now, please wait and see of it ends up being of value in another month or two.

I'm satisfied with the Primes polarities. While it currently only supports a very particular niche build (long-range high damage slash-dash). It's nice to have the differentiation from the standard excalibur while not being completely superior. I do mourn those two V polarities on Ash though, and pine for stamina / dexterity supporting polarities instead.