The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New "planet" The Belt, For All Your Arkwing Needs

LocasMaxis

So with the Ark wing out and being tested I was thinking. There isn't many missions for it at the moment, which is understandable what with it being so new. But it got me thinking, when they do expand the missions, where will they go? Sure they can add some here and there to existing planets, but those are already getting pretty crowded and our fill of Ark wing missions will likely over saturate some of the planets in mission nodes.

So my solution is a new "Planet". And by planet I meant the Asteroid belt. With its lack of any real gravity, abundance of debris and likely mining and other operations, it'd make a prime location for conflict to arise. And it doesn't have to be all Ark wing missions, I can see a few asteroid or ship mission nodes fitting perfectly into it. And hey, there's even the possibility of having an Ark wing boss eventually.

Really though, I expect DE will probably come out with some idea similar to this to make room for more Ark wing missions in the future, just wanted to put my idea out there.  So yeah, that's it really. Feel free to comment or put your idea here if you want. Just please keep it civil. And thanks for taking the time to read my idea.

Why stop there, why not think of Archwing assasinations

This is my idea, the boss would be like a ship where in you have to try and take out its guns and find an opening so that you can enter it and destroy the reactor (star wars style)

Edited by SpectreRaider

Upon looking at all the archwing content, I am more and more certain that the Devs polished up the least amount of barely playable Archwing content and released it in a very barebones way on purpose, to gather our feedback on which directions to go with its development. 

So let's keep the ideas rolling!

Instead of making it a single node, make it a sort of circular thing. And the nodes would be famous asteroids, like Spock, Ida and others.

And each node would offer different sets of four resources like planets do?

Or perhaps each planet would have an "asteroid mining" node that was solely for sandbox resource grinding that planet's materials?

Edited by Cobalt313

And each node would offer different sets of four resources like planets do?

Or perhaps each planet would have an "asteroid mining" node that was solely for sandbox resource grinding that planet's materials?

Didn't some one from DE mention mining as a thing that's coming?  That would be pretty awesome if it were to exist in an archwing sandbox.

Although, a little EVE-like.. 

Woo!

@OP, love it +1.