Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Freeze Leads To Game Crash

ZurekMorraff

Hello, fellow Tenno!

This has become a big problem for me lately, but I haven't seen anything else on it, so it might just be me, which would be terribly unfortunate, as it's usually easier to fix a near global bug, with lots of feedback, then it is to work off one "Not So Tech Intuitive" persons description...

The game will start up like normal, and within the Liset, everything is fine. It's when I start a mission that things go south. At first, all is well, and it seems like i'll be able to complete the mission. After some time has past, and seemingly randomly, the screen will freeze. Not the game, just the screen at first. I've tried waiting it out, but nothing changes. I can tell the game is still "going" from the sounds of me walking around, shooting my gun, and pausing the game/interacting with the pause menu. If you try to leave the mission, you can hear the Liset flying through the loading screen, and then the soft soothing sounds of Grineer com chatter(Seriously, I love that minor touch to the Liset). Soon after, the game will indeed completely come to a stop, but it wont close itself, and show the usual "Warframe has stopped responding, and encountered and unexpected error. Would you like to send a report?" window. I have to leave the game through "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" and then the Task Manager. This causes Warframe to become a pure white window. Sometimes i can tell my computer to close the program, other times I have to restart my computer. (So far it's been a 75% chance to have to restart, 25% chance to just close the program.)

I was hopping to hear from others experiencing this bug as well, and hope not to be the only one.

Thanks for your time!

Likewise with me, however mine seems to only freeze on the Archwing mission, The one in Venus where you have to get the Orokin parts... it used to be that it would freeze on the loading screen, but then i turned down the graphics and i can get about 30 seconds into the mission. The strange part is that the freezing/lagging only seems to happen when i look in certain directions and strangely enough every time i restart the game i am somehow able to get further but this is becoming silly. Hopefully this can be sorted soon
All other missions i play run perfectly its just the archwing ones

Can confirm, tried doing excavations today on my new update-inspection character, Cambria - always freeze crash. If I had to make a guess, It's a memory leak (someone just went "yeah, durr, thaanks for being soo specific"), because from 6 runs I tried, timing was inconsistent. I did 4 of those with a fresh Latron and it always happened after ranking it a little past first level, so I assume it's either drops fill the memory or some data on killed enemies that should be dumped aren't. Will keep trying and update the post if I find something peculiar.

We realy need some in-game bug report system. Or maybe somehing like Dwarf Fortress' Mantis bug tracker, so we could bump existing entires and comment with additional info. Forums aren't the best thing for user bug reporting in my experience.

Edited by SKYHEX

Glad and sad to see im not the only one.

"Glad" cause if tickets are submitted with the "WAR-" codes you all recieved, hopefully they can track down, and fix the issue. Sadly, i never got any codes, so my reopenned ticket (had several different crashes lately, so i've been giving them descriptions and "WAR-" codes as they come) was near close to a copy of this.

"Sad" because a small part of me was hoping it was just me being plagued by this, and it might have been a simple "go update your drivers like last time" fix...

Happens to my friends and I too, at least once a night since U15, it's pretty bad. 

DE: anything we can do to help identify issues? The process becomes unresponsive, but it doesn't look like a memory leak or anything, my pc still runs fine and a kill-process-restart-game works fine too, until it crashes again..

• 1 month later...

so, this just recently started happening to me as well... everything will be fine and then all of the sudden the game will freeze without any warning, this has not started happening until the new launcher for the game since then everything has been downhill to my anti-virus always saying there is a threat in warframe even though I put it on the exceptions list. I have never had a problem until the new launcher but more specifically my game will Always freeze when I'm trying to do Exta on the planet ceres to start building a frost warframe, but the game has decided to freeze then crash during the mission, I did manage to beat the mission once, after re-joining my friends 4 times to only end up getting a couple of credits and no frost blueprints.

my game also does the same with with a couple of infestation missions, half the time they don't but when they do, same thing. freeze then I have to task manager to close the game, half the time it will crash on it's own then open the warframe crash report.

also some of the time the game will still run because I can hear the audio for movement and my actions like shooting, but the screen is still frozen, my GPU is up to date and nearly top of the line. as I have a GTX 970.

If anybody knows how to fix this could you please get back to me, I would very much like to start collecting parts for a frost warframe. 

• 1 month later...

I have this issue on single screen PC, when on solo missions.  started back last Oct i think, and involves me having to use my reset button on my chassis and wait ages for my 5 year old system build to reboot back into Windows.  Not the systems fault, doesn't react with any other game the same way and recently fitted a 970GTX, and it still freezes on at least one mission play through when AIMING down the sights, maybe once per week.

System logs don't show any odd other than me manually resetting the system 'unexpectedly'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, fellow Tenno!

This has become a big problem for me lately, but I haven't seen anything else on it, so it might just be me, which would be terribly unfortunate, as it's usually easier to fix a near global bug, with lots of feedback, then it is to work off one "Not So Tech Intuitive" persons description...

The game will start up like normal, and within the Liset, everything is fine. It's when I start a mission that things go south. At first, all is well, and it seems like i'll be able to complete the mission. After some time has past, and seemingly randomly, the screen will freeze. Not the game, just the screen at first. I've tried waiting it out, but nothing changes. I can tell the game is still "going" from the sounds of me walking around, shooting my gun, and pausing the game/interacting with the pause menu. If you try to leave the mission, you can hear the Liset flying through the loading screen, and then the soft soothing sounds of Grineer com chatter(Seriously, I love that minor touch to the Liset). Soon after, the game will indeed completely come to a stop, but it wont close itself, and show the usual "Warframe has stopped responding, and encountered and unexpected error. Would you like to send a report?" window. I have to leave the game through "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" and then the Task Manager. This causes Warframe to become a pure white window. Sometimes i can tell my computer to close the program, other times I have to restart my computer. (So far it's been a 75% chance to have to restart, 25% chance to just close the program.)

I was hopping to hear from others experiencing this bug as well, and hope not to be the only one.

Thanks for your time!

I have exactly same problem, after long break I return to the game, and after couple of games Freezed again.