Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolt-Action Rifle?

Towermice

True. It's not objective at all and entirely up to the devs. We are just arguing over opinion but that's fun, isn't it?

As for pump, none of the shotguns are. They even mentioned that in the last livestream. The sound artist made a mistake when he added a racking noise.

Have to do something in the meantime, while waiting for new content :P.

I need to re-watch the live stream. I thought that was specific for the Hek. I thought I heard something in there with adding unique animations to cover for it. Again I need to re-watch it.

I dunno. The fore grip on the Hek looks bolted in place. Besides, why would a 4 shot, 4 barreled shotgun need pumping?

I didn't say it made any sense. Hell just looking at the Hek model made no sense to me. I personally loathe the model. I would love an alternate skin for it.

than why just not suggest better sound for SNIPETRON?

Latron has a great sound. Snipetron could have similar sound, maybe with addition of metal sound of hummer punching an anvil or something?

But why just have ONE sniper? We could have some more, and the snipetron just feels like a stronger latron with less ammo and a lower fire rate.

I'd like to see weapons that shoot bio-mass stuff. I mean, technically, the Warframes are Technocyte's controlled buy the wearer. :n

That's an unproven fan theory so far. That said I've been thinking of adding some ranged Technocyte weapons to my More Dakka thread.

That's an unproven fan theory so far. That said I've been thinking of adding some ranged Technocyte weapons to my More Dakka thread.

Hmm. Really? I keep hearing some of the bosses say like, 'We are your flesh why do you harm us?' 

Makes me curious. . .considering that the warframes are organic looking at least.

I think on a more practical level, the snipetron is basically already a bolt action. One bullet per second is not semi-auto. 

If we have an even heavier weapon with lower firerate/higher damage, what exactly will its niche be? Lighter weapons will do higher sustained dps against enemies that can't be killed in one shot, like bosses. Heavy enemies are already killed in a shot by the snipetron (when modded according to some people), aren't they?

Can i make a suggestion? why not make a bolt-action rifle, but that only fires one bolt, after which it needs to reload. It would need to have more damage and would not penetrate multiple enemies (unless you get puncture), but you can 1-shoot multiple enemies like the Grineer Bombard or Ancient infested (not necessarely level 50, but at least at level 25 without orokin catalyst).

Any weapon that opens up new play styles is welcome, imo.

But what sort of playstyle does this open up compared to the snipetron? It definitely won't oneshot bosses, and people say the snipetron properly modded one shots everything else, so where does that leave the bar?

make it do less damage than snipetron but have its bullets pierce multiple targets

presto, new weapon.

There's already a mod that does that. If you put that mod on a snipetron, you'd get this gun since you sacrificed damage (mod points useable for damage mods) for penetration. 

There's already a mod that does that. If you put that mod on a snipetron, you'd get this gun since you sacrificed damage (mod points useable for damage mods) for penetration. 

What about a gun that GAINS damage for each enemy penetrated.

We can call it the penetrator but that sounds suggestive.

What about a gun that GAINS damage for each enemy penetrated.

We can call it the penetrator but that sounds suggestive.

Now that would be interesting.

However, it's a very situational weapon, making balancing more of a problem. How effective should it be while not in its niche? And while it is? It's fair to assume that more than 3-4 enemies lining up practically never happens unless you actively avoid killing enemies to allow the spawns to swamp you. 

Now that would be interesting.

However, it's a very situational weapon, making balancing more of a problem. How effective should it be while not in its niche? And while it is? It's fair to assume that more than 3-4 enemies lining up practically never happens unless you actively avoid killing enemies to allow the spawns to swamp you. 

I've had them swamp me in one of the mobile defense missions. Dem grineers keep on spawning man.

Also, infested swarms. Crowd control sniper rifles should work nicely there.

I'd say 10% damage ramp up with each hit, hitting snipetron power on second enemy. Probably faster reload time, not necessarily faster firing speed (slightly faster at most). Less zoom on targetting with right mouse button. That way the single targret damage is still ok. Pushing mediocre, but ok.

Another weapon concept is having the bullet ricochet on hit, either walls or enemies, and deal half damage to the next thing hit. 

Another way to make a crowd control rifle is having the gun create an explosion on hit (or maybe fire a high-velocity explosive dart that explodes after a few seconds). Seriously, who doesn't want an exploding sniper rifle?

I think on a more practical level, the snipetron is basically already a bolt action. One bullet per second is not semi-auto. 

If we have an even heavier weapon with lower firerate/higher damage, what exactly will its niche be? Lighter weapons will do higher sustained dps against enemies that can't be killed in one shot, like bosses. Heavy enemies are already killed in a shot by the snipetron (when modded according to some people), aren't they?

Good point. The Lex can kill heavy enemies with one shot, even half modded. It's Halo all over again >:P

You complain about bolt action not being realistic when we have flintlock looking pistols????

Looking is different than functioning. You can't argue that the bolt weapons have serious style.

I don't really think slow weapons or things where you need to stop and setup really belong in the game. I feel like the entire game is based around speed an run and gun/slash. A bolt action rifle just really doesn't fit in to me. Honestly I feel you could remove the snipetron... then again I personally don't find spending hours in defense missions entertaining at all.

I don't really think slow weapons or things where you need to stop and setup really belong in the game. I feel like the entire game is based around speed an run and gun/slash. A bolt action rifle just really doesn't fit in to me. Honestly I feel you could remove the snipetron... then again I personally don't find spending hours in defense missions entertaining at all.

More areas with large open spaces are going to be added eventually. The snipetron isn't even a gun used in defense missions, it's terrible there.

More areas with large open spaces are going to be added eventually. The snipetron isn't even a gun used in defense missions, it's terrible there.

Meh that's really one of the only thing i've seen people say they love using it in. Even if they add more open spaces you're not likely to see a group stop and it seems to me if anything people would just use a lex instead of sacrificing their primary. Even in larger areas swarms are fairly common with some of the funny spawns that happen.

Yeah, no bolt action rifles please. They wont be used in 30 years let alone 300.

Railgun, Laser, Particle cannon, Heavy Bolter, Gyrojet, Plasma caster, etc. so many sci-fi weapons you can choose from, why settle for a relic?

Paris?

But with another sniper rifle, it would be odd. Latron is the semi-auto sniper and Snipetron the REAL sniper rifle. I don't think a bolt action would be necessary, but still cool :)