Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading System

.-KG-..-Ragulab-.

Couldn't find a "Suggestion" section so i'll post it here.

The trading system is not bad, but i'm tired of the trading chat where people write messages that fills up the whole chat window.

Why don't we have some kind of planet, where people can join and open a private shop. (You may need to build a key to join it or something, only mastery rank 2 and above etc)

So when you open a private shop you put some items inside (Frost Prime BP 5p f.e) and people can view the shop and buy the Frost Prime BP then.

So someone share me your opinion why this would be good or bad

Fun thing is, you don't need all the complications. You just have to divide trading channel in 2 channels:

Trading-WTB.

Trading-WTS.

With VERY strict rule of  24 hour ban for posting WTS message in WTB channel.

As for your idea... that won't work.

Why? Because you can't host big session on someone's PC and DE doesn't look like they feel getting dedicated servers for hosting games. Even then, Warframe playerbase is massive.

Have you ever played EVE Online? There is a main trade hub, Jita. It's on it's own node alone, yet having a huge limits to players that fly there. It's further limited by inability to magically teleport there with all your stuff, having 4 other major trade hubs and about 80% of players being nothing but a line in the chat and bunch of orders on global market listing... still won't save you from a 15-20 min of sitting on gates

Edited by CaptainohCaptain

I like the idea.

But with DE......won't happen....

But if it comes down to shops...you could set up one from your ship, then, we would put items in it to sell/buy, and choose certain item, mod or p you want for it.

then it would be online, every shop would be on for 2 hours and would cost 10k credits to set up.

If you want to buy something, you would go to market, click on a new tab, you would type in what youre searching, it would be displayed with price, if you want it you pay and its yours

The seller would get and mail that says ;

"Your ........ has been sold for .......'

and the current chat would still exist but would be in 3 parts ;

-WTB

-WTS

-WTT

posting WTS in WTB chat would be a kick/ban for few hours

Definitely we need a new trading system. That is a good idea but everyone claims to hate trade systems, moreover when they think about D3 as an example. Im from spain, and its a total waste of time try to sell parts con market chat, not because there are alot of people spaming, its because its empty, maybe 3 o 4 people. But most of the time empty only with the bot.

Now I have a lot of prime parts, thinking to maybe sell it in future but I pass when I see nothing on the chat. Idk if D3 auction house its the same of market in Guild wars 2. But I like that system. People put there prime parts with a price and everyone who needs one buy it by plat or by a part. Make an option to sell an item with plat price or specific parts needed and you have trade system...

Other system could be the same system that uses steam for trading cards. People says what they need and others can send requests with a price. Then you can accept it or reject. They can make a kind of list to replace the steam trading cards forum where you log in and choose the parts they want and post it on the system. Sounds like a forum but you dont need to write, only choose parts.

Edited by DarkDemonXR69

Definitely we need a new trading system. That is a good idea but everyone claims to hate trade systems, moreover when they think about D3 as an example. Im from spain, and its a total waste of time try to sell parts con market chat, not because there are alot of people spaming, its because its empty, maybe 3 o 4 people. But most of the time empty only with the bot.

Now I have a lot of prime parts, thinking to maybe sell it in future but I pass when I see nothing on the chat. Idk if D3 auction house its the same of market in Guild wars 2. But I like that system. People put there prime parts with a price and everyone who needs one buy it by plat or by a part. Make an option to sell an item with plat price or specific parts needed and you have trade system...

Other system could be the same system that uses steam for trading cards. People says what they need and others can send requests with a price. Then you can accept it or reject. They can make a kind of list to replace the steam trading cards forum where you log in and choose the parts they want and post it on the system. Sounds like a forum but you dont need to write, only choose parts.

Yeah some kind of auction house would also be a good idea.

One thing I hate is that everyone tends to be selling things and not buying things.

I'd be genuinely interested in striking up a conversation with a person as they PM me asking for my Hikou prime stars, but no one either reads my trade messages or they skip so fast that it's lost in a sea of "WTS THIS ITEM FOR 99999 PLAT"

I've got so many items I could sell for 2p each, but no one tends to be buying. It's only selling.

Fun thing is, you don't need all the complications. You just have to divide trading channel in 2 channels:

Trading-WTB.

Trading-WTS.

Why? Because you can't host big session on someone's PC and DE doesn't look like they feel getting dedicated servers for hosting games. Even then, Warframe playerbase is massive.

Have you ever played EVE Online? There is a main trade hub, Jita. It's on it's own node alone, yet having a huge limits to players that fly there. It's further limited by inability to magically teleport there with all your stuff, having 4 other major trade hubs and about 80% of players being nothing but a line in the chat and bunch of orders on global market listing... still won't save you from a 15-20 min of sitting on gates

this is perfect.

Trading-WTB.

Trading-WTS.

This is quite valid, and how funny would we look, in our suits sitting there as merchants waiting for buyers. Tenno are a warrior race, not a merchant guild like Corpus. Lore-wise as well it would not fit. However seeing as we have a deflected-Corpus syndicate there could be a hosted trading board.

Why don't we have some kind of planet, where people can join and open a private shop. (You may need to build a key to join it or something, only mastery rank 2 and above etc)

So when you open a private shop you put some items inside (Frost Prime BP 5p f.e) and people can view the shop and buy the Frost Prime BP then.

I think if the Hubs had this alot of people would go their but I think there should be a restriction if this happened like it has its own area and such like that but I like the store idea its seems more efficient but it also seems like it will make people move around and get lost if they find something but don't know if it is the lowest price for the item they are looking for so maybe if they just searching for stuff they want or need their should be a search bar or something. So maybe it should be in one shop or like and Auction House 

• 1 month later...

I would personally like something in the line of the steam market with listing and search option to look for specific parts but at least something different then people shouting in a hole as loud as possible.

a mock up 

2llk6c6.png

dude.. yes!  a steam-type auction system.  +9000 for this image!