The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Warframe Keep Us Entertained Long?

HipsterSal

Ah, Phantasy Star...

They even talked about PSO's Mags when they first revealed Sentinels. Bit of influence, there.

I wish they had even more influence in Phantasy Star series (played Portable versions 1 and 2). Collecting and leveling photon arts was @(*()$ fun. And OH GOD How much loot there was. +Huge Bosses, which didn't require you to run back to extraction, but instead you could finish right after you kill the boss, which is a lot more comfortable. 

When will this pvp bs stop -.-

It will never stop. Because it's how people compete with each other, and you know what? It's FUN!

Because fighting someone with equal potential is challenging. That feel, when you beat an opponent, which you know is another person sitting to computer, is simply magnificent (it also depends on how good the PvP is). It's all about the challenge, the sportsmanship between players. You feel more alive playing PvP games when playing PvE. That's why people want it. They want human interaction in games, wheter as enemy or as a friend (PvP, Co-Op) 

My 2cents about this:

- It is not time for PvP, not now nor in the next months, even if i admit i would be glad to fight other players with my cyber ninja!

- The game will need "something" more than what offers now to keep players entertained if it wants to last longer than 1 year

- PvP it's usually seen as that "something" because competitions between players are -potentially- endless fuel of enjoyment

- Anyway PvP it's not the answer.

What could keep me entertained u ask me?

First of all new contents (like everyone), which means: new warframes (or even better customizable armors!), new weapons, new skills, new enemies;

Secondly more interaction between different frame's skills (like the Bullet Attractor + Radial Javelin combo) which emphasizes team work;

I think that's it for me: more new stuff (any kind) + more team work, sinergy, between frames

I didnt play diablo 3 for the pvp. It was mostly for the treasure hunt. This game isnt like diablo, but it is a dungeon crawler. I wish they had kept it on course with the old mod system and kept the treasure hunt fun. Finding cards is far less satisfying. Im hoping they find something to keep people intrested in the long run though.

Edited by iSoulie

I have a feeling once WarFrame is released it will slowly decay, I say this because this game only

has PvE (Player Versus Environment) content (At the moment).

Collecting frames and weapons along with mods is pretty much the main goal here, to make our characters stronger.

But what is going to keep us playing? Yea new map layouts are being added and so are weapons and weapon skins.

But most missions are repetitive and monotonous and you basically do that for all the systems in order to get the end planet you want to go to.

I just have the feeling it won't be enough, for the most part all we have been doing is farming end planets for materials to make weapons and frames.

In my opinion it is really grindy, i see people posting on the wikia page of warframe saying they have over 50+ runs for

certain blueprints or drops in general.

it's a PITA when you have to grind the same planet for hours and get no reward. Unless you're a lucky bastard and get everything in one run, then i hate you.

What i want to see is PvP. And not just small maps like cod, i mean open world battlegrounds where you can fight and conquer strongholds ect.

This game has so much PvP potential it would be a waste not to put some development time into it.

Once players finish all the systems, collect all the frames and weapons they desire, what will they have left to do?

This is just my opinion on where warframe should direct some of it's resources, because I am a pvp meat head and would like to see my warframe mow down other players......Thoughts?

Go play pvp in another game, you seem to have mistakenly launched something other than CoD.

You can go and play Firefall and play PVP there is also a battleframe game. We don't need PVP.

Gave up on FireFall (even though I was a Commander level Founder) as it was grind with little hope of ever leveling your gear completely.  After the loss of a Thumper because the "E" circle did not work I left for good.

That is when I found WarFrame.  I played the PvP in FireFall but enjoy the PvE in Warframe much better.

I would simply like to see more varied maps with things to do that felt like they mattered.  An overarching story with missions that move that story along would be great.

Run to point A to collect item B, to run to exit is not overly engaging.  I know they added in Location A, Item B, then subplot C, to run to exit D.

keep develop new modules for PVE, and develop a new system for PVP at the same time? do you really think they have enough resource for these? 

Talking the talk is not as good as walking the walk.

Pay more for game or join their recruit....Maybe you will see it one day. :P

Edited by infinxx

45 hours of game and having a blast in PVE, one battleframe at 30 1 at 9 and 2 at 7. Only 2 weapons maxed and now working on getting the rest of my 11 weapons maxed and the other frames, so I have plenty of work before thinking about boredom or PVP.

I look at games like Mass Effect 3 and it's success with it's multiplayer and aside from how that was a Blockbuster hit.. I'd say the same livelihood can be had with this game. :)

I say this because this game has that uber addicting feel to it that ME3 had with it's multiplayer.  I am NOT AT ALL comparing their styles and paces of gameplay.  Nor am I saying it because both of their "drops" go off of an RNG concept.  

I just feel that this game has loads of potential.

We don't need PvP.

What would be amazing are dynamic missions that change at a more frequent pace than they do now.  Watching Grineer and Corpus fight in the middle of a mission is pretty cool and more of a 'living' world as opposed to 'static' would be welcome.

Lockdown is a pretty interesting feature but is pretty simplistic and the cyphers are easy.  What'd be interesting is a room going on lockdown that you can't retreat from until all enemies (or the mini-boss) are defeated.

Doing a planet mission?  Maybe seeing spaceships warp in overhead and enemies porting down would be pretty sweet, either as reinforcements for the faction you're facing or a third party coming in for a raid.

There is PLENTY that can be done to spice PvE up to the point PvP doesn't even need to be addressed.

Why is everyone so against PvP? I do enjoy the pve aspect of this game but i also enjoy PvP action on the side, people who are this adamant about not having PvP, do you suck at it?  Because in my experience from playing mmo's alot of people stick to one or the other and rarely try other.

I my self have been doing PvE content across 20+ games over the last couple years and i also have been doing PvP.

I know for a fact that Pve players and PvP players loathe each other, they always make the same argument about which is harder blah blah blah.

Does this game need PvP? No, does some of the community want some? Yes. Most of the posters against PvP on warframe probably have never picked up a controller and S#&$ on another player (figuratively). Or just had a bad experience.

PvP is a fun aspect and can be done without ruining PvE gameplay, and i know this game is still in beta and they have a load on their plate.

I just wanted to know your opinions on it without being insulted.

Why is everyone so against PvP? I do enjoy the pve aspect of this game but i also enjoy PvP action on the side, people who are this adamant about not having PvP, do you suck at it?  Because in my experience from playing mmo's alot of people stick to one or the other and rarely try other.

I my self have been doing PvE content across 20+ games over the last couple years and i also have been doing PvP.

I know for a fact that Pve players and PvP players loathe each other, they always make the same argument about which is harder blah blah blah.

Does this game need PvP? No, does some of the community want some? Yes. Most of the posters against PvP on warframe probably have never picked up a controller and S#&$ on another player (figuratively). Or just had a bad experience.

PvP is a fun aspect and can be done without ruining PvE gameplay, and i know this game is still in beta and they have a load on their plate.

I just wanted to know your opinions on it without being insulted.

OK.  Let's just take PvP seriously for one moment and PvP in our minds for a bit.  How would that work?

So if a NYX player decides to use mind control on you and one other player, do you guys actually start killing each other instead of her?

And if a Rhino just iron skins and hacks you with an axe 2 times and you're gone, how much fun would that be?  Rhino wars?  See who can hit the iron skin button faster and who get's to melee first?

Ridiculous.

Edited by sushidubya

OK.  Let's just take PvP seriously for one moment and PvP in our minds for a bit.  How would that work?

So if a NYX player decides to use mind control on you and one other player, do you guys actually start killing each other instead of her?

And if a Rhino just iron skins and hacks you with an axe 2 times and you're gone, how much fun would that be?  Rhino wars?  See who can hit the iron skin button faster and who get's to melee first?

Ridiculous.

This.

Then everyone would be crying "NERF THIS NERF THAT THIS IS STUPID THAT'S OP HELP I CAN'T KILL ANYONE"

Then everything gets nerfed into the ground, and PVE suffers. That's exactly what I'm hoping for!

The game isn't built around PVP at all, and it'd take a significant amount of work to even get it started. It's not worth the time and effort to please the handful of people who'd actually use it.

Also: PSO PVP was god awful. It was possibly the worst, most unbalanced part of the game. If that's what you want Warframe to turn into, then lolnope.jpg

Ridiculous.

This, I don't know if you're the first to state the obvious, but bravo nonetheless! I don't know if people actually grasp how $&*&*#(%& it sounds when they want PvP from the kind of game elements present in warframe. If a mode like that was to be developed it would be a SEPARATE GAME in itself because it would be impossible to balance the kind of over the top "I win!" types of abilities we have at our disposal. The very fact that people don't grasp this should be evidence enough of how clueless they are when it comes to actually considering how to go from "I want this because blah" to actually implementing something like that into a game that never had PvP in mind from the ground up. It is also evidence that they should really move on to whatever trigger happy shooter they like of their choice so they can teabag to their content and not bother people who are interested in everything besides kdr prik waving and rampant hacks that kill games.

SORRY I DIDNT KNOW THE DEV TEAM COULDN'T MAKE PVP SPECIFIC MODS BRO, SINCE LIKE MODS ARE NOW CARDS AND YOU CAN SWITCH THEM OUT WHENEVER?

And it started what we predicted.

Now you want PvP specific mods also for your PvP mode? Nope. Wrong game.

Edited by Sikab

Why is everyone so against PvP?

The primary arguments against are 1) it will take a lot of development time away from adding to and improving the PvE component of the game and 2) constant balancing for PvP often either detrimentally affects things that are otherwise fine in PvE (if they use the same systems) or takes even more time away from PvE development (if they develop an entirely different system).

Although this thread was clearly started with the intention of requesting PvP, it's worth mentioning that an equally fitting solution to the problem of the game's longevity is more varied and challenging PvE content. In the live streams, the devs have talked about making more interesting boss encounters like the Jackal, and there could conceivably be "challenge mode" versions of bosses and missions that allow for increased rewards.

TL;DR: Adding "team deathmatch" to every game isn't the only (or necessarily the best) way to improve its longevity.