The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Insufficient Video Memory Error Since U15

shockwave42

Since the launch of Update 15 I have been getting this error message upon launching the game, which then results in the game crashing.

Has anybody else been getting this issue? Prior to update 15 I had no memory-related issues, and I have sent a support ticket but the possible solutions they gave me did not work for me.

I know that can happen if the video card is seated incorrectly or if it has a corrupt/bad driver. Simply connecting the output on the back can be enough to mess it up sometimes.

In very rare cases, lack of OS updates will restrict your use of video ram as well, especially if you are using integrated graphics, which I expect to be the case here.

What is your GPU (Video card)? 

Exact Name and model.

Example:  I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

It might not be the best, but it managed to work fine when running Warframe before U15

I know that can happen if the video card is seated incorrectly or if it has a corrupt/bad driver. Simply connecting the output on the back can be enough to mess it up sometimes.

In very rare cases, lack of OS updates will restrict your use of video ram as well, especially if you are using integrated graphics, which I expect to be the case here.

My video card has to be seated correctly, as it can run any other game besides Warframe fine, and I recently updated my driver (AFTER the error started to appear) so a corrupt driver shouldn't be the case...

As for my OS, I use Windows XP, but support ended for that OS earlier this year, so technically there shouldn't be any new updates for it (correct me if I'm wrong.)

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

It might not be the best, but it managed to work fine when running Warframe before U15

My video card has to be seated correctly, as it can run any other game besides Warframe fine, and I recently updated my driver (AFTER the error started to appear) so a corrupt driver shouldn't be the case...

As for my OS, I use Windows XP, but support ended for that OS earlier this year, so technically there shouldn't be any new updates for it (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Try disabling directX 10 and 11 on the launcher real quickly and seeing how it reacts?

From what I am seeing it's a 512Mb or a 1Gb GPU at best.

Lowering resolution can help, try adjusting the memory usage to low or medium, whatever you can support, and *hopefully* you could get a better performance.

Although I have tested the game on a GTX970, VRAM clogs the graphics card to above 1Gb which is insane when it doesn't unload.

Can confirm,

I've started playing this again 4 days ago. In the first 3 days I played non stop and had no crashes or anything, come the halloween update/hotfix and I've started getting 'insufficient video memory' errors every few missions/hours. The GPU is an old crappy Radeon HD 3650 with 512 DDR 3 MB. I also have 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM running on 1033mhz I believe. Also an E5200 core duo.

After a very lengthy support ticket session, the DE staff member who was assigned my ticket has confirmed that the developers are aware of the memory problem for Windows XP users and they should in the future release a hotfix to solve this problem. At least I now feel better that DE is aware that this is still a problem.

Edited by shockwave42