Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oceania Region Chat Is Full Of Recruiting. Please Fix?

LocasMaxis

So since update 14 changed recruit chat people have mostly abandoned recruit because of the changes, not because they were bad but because most players didn't notice them. I don't know how these changes went down on other regions but it has gotten more annoying as time passes. And it has been getting better, slightly. But its still a major problem. And also an easy fix. Just add a small message when you open recruiting chat reminding people that it hides those who haven't posted. Or better yet, add a message that tallies the number of people observing the channel when you enter. All in all, things could be better in the Oceania chat and I think quite a few people would much appreciate it if something was done.

So since update 14 changed recruit chat people have mostly abandoned recruit because of the changes, not because they were bad but because most players didn't notice them. I don't know how these changes went down on other regions but it has gotten more annoying as time passes. And it has been getting better, slightly. But its still a major problem. And also an easy fix. Just add a small message when you open recruiting chat reminding people that it hides those who haven't posted. Or better yet, add a message that tallies the number of people observing the channel when you enter. All in all, things could be better in the Oceania chat and I think quite a few people would much appreciate it if something was done.

Unfortunately due to the chat changes DE made, the player list in Recruit Chat gives the impression to all players that the server is dead.

Also add in the fact that unlike our American counterparts, we don't have a Kickbot temp banning players from recruiting in Region Chat. Coupled with the full player list who is on the Oceania server is only shown in Region Chat, this leads to places like Recruit Chat and at worst times even Trading Chat to become ghost towns while Region Chat is inundated with everything.

I agree with your suggestion, but here's the thing: before the changes DE made to how chat displays players, what you're suggesting was pretty much how it was in the past. DE was successful in cutting down the player list to a more manageable size, but the negative consequence is that at first glance players are given an incorrect impression of Warframe servers being dead particularly in Oceania at times. 

I hope DE continues to work on the chat so there's a balance of having a set of player lists that a manageable and representative of actually how many players are REALLY present in a specific chat area. But also prevent Oceania Region Chat from becoming the dumping ground for every single recruiting invitation from players neglecting to use Recruiting Chat.

Unfortunately due to the chat changes DE made, the player list in Recruit Chat gives the impression to all players that the server is dead.

Also add in the fact that unlike our American counterparts, we don't have a Kickbot temp banning players from recruiting in Region Chat. Coupled with the full player list who is on the Oceania server is only shown in Region Chat, this leads to places like Recruit Chat and at worst times even Trading Chat to become ghost towns while Region Chat is inundated with everything.

I agree with your suggestion, but here's the thing: before the changes DE made to how chat displays players, what you're suggesting was pretty much how it was in the past. DE was successful in cutting down the player list to a more manageable size, but the negative consequence is that at first glance players are given an incorrect impression of Warframe servers being dead particularly in Oceania at times. 

I hope DE continues to work on the chat so there's a balance of having a set of player lists that a manageable and representative of actually how many players are REALLY present in a specific chat area. But also prevent Oceania Region Chat from becoming the dumping ground for every single recruiting invitation from players neglecting to use Recruiting Chat.

So you're saying it's not REALLY dead?

I just went to a US server cos I could never find any squads.

Not in the chat, but when doing an actual mission. Solo play was lonely.