Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With New Computer Specs For Warframe

MajorUrsine

so lately i have been in need of a new computer, since my current one is poop. i'm kind of noob-ish to computer specs and stuff so bear with me. so i'm considering upgrading my computer (looking for a laptop if specifics matter (yes i know PC's are better but i move around way to much to have one, so i need a laptop)), and one of my main focuses are the specs i might need to run warframe at the highest, or second highest settings. if you could help me that would be great.

P.S: if you could also tell me the specs to run skyrim on high and ultra that would be great too.

No one... is going to recommend you get a laptop for gaming.

It's not that they are being malicious, or trying to impose their opinion on you.

It's simply honesty.
Game on a desktop.

If you need a laptop to work and move around with, then get a cheap laptop for work at like Goodwill or something.

But don't sell yourself short if you seriously want a system to game with.

No one... is going to recommend you get a laptop for gaming.

It's not that they are being malicious, or trying to impose their opinion on you.

It's simply honesty.

Game on a desktop.

If you need a laptop to work and move around with, then get a cheap laptop for work at like Goodwill or something.

But don't sell yourself short if you seriously want a system to game with.

Let me guess, You've never used a proper gaming laptop?

My laptop keeps a smooth 80-90 FPS in Warframe with almost everything turned on, except for things I dislike such as motion blur.

Do I prefer playing on my Destop back home? Yes. But does that mean that my laptop is completely worthless and unfit for gaming? Absolutely NOT. 

However, my laptop isn't exactly what I'd call easily affordable. It was a significant investment. 

The specs are an I7 intel CPU, a Geforce GTX 680m GPU, 8 gigs of GDDR3 RAM, and a 1 tb HDD. It came from Cyberpower PC, and they have really good sales on laptops around Christmas time. 

Edited by Plasmaface