Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dream Themed Warframe Concept: Unfortunately Dead-On-Arrival

Trentiel

So I was brain storming an idea for a Warframe, even got some art going for it. But didn't really get it to a finished state, and only shared it with a couple friends for feedback. I worked on it here and there, between then and now. Eventually I got frustrated with too many design elements and couldn't get a really good solid theme going and just put it away for later. I'd have time to refine him later, I thought.

morpheus2wip.jpg

Here is the work in progress from back in July.

Anyway, he was supposed to be dream themed. I wanted him to be a stylish, possibly even dapper looking frame. With a mysterious power over sleep and special a dream world. His design had influences from various surrealist artists like H.R. Giger and Zdzislaw Beksinski. Somewhere between charming and horrifying. Inside his collar and chest piece would be some distant cosmic sky-scape.

GOSH, sound familiar? I guess I just waited too long, and Limbo happened. Which delights me by the way, Limbo is so awesome. But now my Sandman themed frame is dead on arrival.

His powers would be reflective of various dream states as well as some kind of sleep related crowd control.

I still toy around with him being a possibility, with enough design rework. Moving away from the dapper gentleman feel and more towards the strange and surreal. What do you guys think? Be rough, and thorough. I can take it.

This has taught me a valuable lesson, I'm going to share my other concepts instead of letting them sit.

Same thing happened with me. Not with just a frame idea though.

A couple years back, I had an idea for a game named Framewar. Infact, it was based on the idea that samurai trained military soldiers were thrown into space and became awesome god-like humanoids wrapped in bio suits called Twentyo. 

Unfortunately, I thought the idea was stupid and could never happen, so I locked it in the recess of my mind. Just my luck that geniuses think alike, huh?

Guess you should always just go for what your heart desires.

I think this is an interesting idea and i think there is room for it to grow. being able to create a living nightmare or a Phantasmal beast would be a neat addition to warframe, even if these creatures exist only inside the minds of the enemy.

It seems like there is a place for this warframe next to Nekros and Limbo, a character who doesn't exist as somehting all the way in this world. i think the dreamscape is something unexplored in warframe. it would be interesting.

I also think it might be worth not thinking about abilities in the traditional 1 2 3 4 roles.An example of what i mean would be the odonata, each power taking 25 energy, sort of putting them at the same level. Maybe that philosophy will translate into future warframes.

I can see this working. In terms of design, there is a lot of room to work in, it can be nightmarish or whimsical... although if you could change your appearance based on which powers were active that would be interesting!

I'm sure thats a lot of ideas to throw at you, but i do hope you keep working at it.