Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moar Dakka!

ValhaHazred

Teranids were mentioned higher in the thread... I guess the problem with bio-guns is to emphasize on the 'bio' part... Would it be a close-range poisoncloud weapon, drawing from shotgun pool?

That would be pretty cool and unique. It could behave similar to the noxious crawlers.

That would be pretty cool and unique. It could behave similar to the noxious crawlers.

Yeah. I imagine it would me a bit of a hassle to make balaced with it's DoT, maybe? And, can noxious crawlers hit more than one person?

Coding problems aside, it would be awesome to have a weapon, that would promote a gameplay of 'give it a DoT -> stunlock with weapon until it dies/ avoid it until it dies'

Also, on the sidenote of unique weapons, think shield gauntlets would be a good idea? I know this is a thread, dedicated to longguns, but they could work as a melee. Say, block key makes them create a half-height, but wide shield infront of the tenno, that blocks some attacks while it lasts (and it doesn't last too long under heavy fire). As for melee, they would spark with an energy field, stunning EVERYONE in the area of the field. And the charge would use one gauntlet to send out a pulse, that would knockdown targets in short range.

[Edit]

Bad sketches time!

CcG3d1F.jpg

I kinda-sorta wanted to sketch up a Naga gyrojet profile. But the first one looks like a shotgun and not like a grineer one, second one came out poorly and copies from Gorgon, and the third is a straight copy from the bombard.

I don't even think that first one looks like anything :P The second one could be the Erinyes though.

Use your imagination, luke. However weak that sounds. I sincerely apologize for the crappyness of my drawings, but I wanted to keep this thread going and visible.

The first one is supposed to remind of a blunderbuss-style shotgun. With a shotgun grip, and a more smooth-looking body, with the thick barrel looking out from it.

So, a bump or what?

Yeah. I imagine it would me a bit of a hassle to make balaced with it's DoT, maybe? And, can noxious crawlers hit more than one person?

Coding problems aside, it would be awesome to have a weapon, that would promote a gameplay of 'give it a DoT -> stunlock with weapon until it dies/ avoid it until it dies'

Also, on the sidenote of unique weapons, think shield gauntlets would be a good idea? I know this is a thread, dedicated to longguns, but they could work as a melee. Say, block key makes them create a half-height, but wide shield infront of the tenno, that blocks some attacks while it lasts (and it doesn't last too long under heavy fire). As for melee, they would spark with an energy field, stunning EVERYONE in the area of the field. And the charge would use one gauntlet to send out a pulse, that would knockdown targets in short range.

[Edit]

Bad sketches time!

CcG3d1F.jpg

I kinda-sorta wanted to sketch up a Naga gyrojet profile. But the first one looks like a shotgun and not like a grineer one, second one came out poorly and copies from Gorgon, and the third is a straight copy from the bombard.

That first one looks like it could be a grenade launcher or a slug-based shotgun that wouldn't suck past 20 meters.

I'D LOVE ME SOME MORE DAKKA! WAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!

*Ahem* Fellow Space Marines friends, we got an Ork suggestion maker in our midst. Please kill upvote him for the God-Emporer love of his post.

...if you don't hear them coming, you're deaf... If you don't smell them, you're already dead.

And it's actually *her* awesome post.)

...if you don't hear them coming, you're deaf... If you don't smell them, you're already dead.

And it's actually *her* awesome post.)

How did you know if the person was from the Sisters of Battle or the Ultramarine? Hopefully, the poster is a she but until it's confirmed by the poster, I will refer to that person as a he.

How did you know if the person was from the Sisters of Battle or the Ultramarine? Hopefully, the poster is a she but until it's confirmed by the poster, I will refer to that person as a he.

She said so in the https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34890-gyrojet-rifle/'>gyrojet rifle thread.

So... Get your promethium ready.

Edited by GTG3000

OK. You made it clear.

Burn me with cleansing fire, Sister! I'm ready for it! (PS: Turn me into a Dreadnought after I get cleansed, will you?)

How do you feel about being turned into arco-flagellant? It's cheaper. And more cleansing.

Teranids were mentioned higher in the thread... I guess the problem with bio-guns is to emphasize on the 'bio' part... Would it be a close-range poisoncloud weapon, drawing from shotgun pool?

More along the lines of firing beetles, larvæ, spikes, rapidly growing seeds, etc.

And its Tyranids, like Tyrannosaurus.

How can it be more cleansing than the purifying flames from the Ecclesiarchy?

Well, because you live to cleanse someone else and proove your loyalty to the emperor?

More along the lines of firing beetles, larvæ, spikes, rapidly growing seeds, etc.

And its Tyranids, like Tyrannosaurus.

So... a slow-firing gun, using sniper ammo to spit out a ball of tentacles that grow over anyone they contact with, incapacitating him until he breaks out/someone strikes the 'cocoon', or create a land mine?

Eh, think more along the lines of razor-sharp vines.

Think that they gave it an evocative name... Barbed Strangler or some such.

Others have names like Fleshborer, Devourer, Spike Rifle, Strangleweb, Spinefist, Impaler Cannon, Deathspitter, stuff like that.

Other than possible copyright issues, there's tons of stuff to work with/invent.