Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Thinking The Syndicate Hit Squads Need A Cooldown Or Something

Drazhya

Between Harvester, G3, Stalker and now as many as 3 or more syndicate hit squads, seems like I'm getting jumped by something every fifth mission or so... usually the hit squads. Harvester and G3 marks are fairly easy to lose and keep lost. Stalker is much harder to lose if you do a decent number of assassination missions, but still requires a trigger for each mark, and is generally rare enough its not a huge deal. The hit squads, on the other hand, can spawn in every single mission so long as you're negative with their faction, which is likely to be 'all the time' from the moment you first go negative with them.

Two ideas are either a mission number-based cooldown - such as 'can't spawn for 20 missions after their last visit' - or a rep-based cooldown - such as 'can't spawn until 2500 more rep is lost since their last visit'.

Thoughts?

I feel I should clarify...

They're very rarely capable of killing me, much less actually pull it off, so it's just more xp for me, however...

You can start getting rep as early as mastery 3. You can probably easily get enough rep to start seeing these guys by mastery 4, maybe 5. Considering the kind of gear a player can expect to have at that point, getting regular visits from these guys that practically can't be abated seems a bit much (except meridian's squad I suppose. Oh no, rollers! Whatever shall I do!). For that, the rep-based timeout seems most practical. Or just bump up the mastery requirement for getting visits from hit squads or something.

Beyond that it just seems a bit odd to be getting such visits so often.

Edited by Drazhya

I feel I should clarify...

They're very rarely capable of killing me, much less actually pull it off, so it's just more xp for me, however...

You can start getting rep as early as mastery 3. You can probably easily get enough rep to start seeing these guys by mastery 4, maybe 5. Considering the kind of gear a player can expect to have at that point, getting regular visits from these guys that practically can't be abated seems a bit much (except meridian's squad I suppose. Oh no, rollers! Whatever shall I do!). For that, the rep-based timeout seems most practical. Or just bump up the mastery requirement for getting visits from hit squads or something.

Beyond that it just seems a bit odd to be getting such visits so often.

maybe you are right

then we need a time/mastery rank formula ... something like 1week as default time and then some scaling according to the rank

rank 0-1= 7 days

rank 2-4 = 4 days

rank 5-9 = 3 days

rank 10-14 = 2 days

rank 15 = 1 day

rank 16 = 12h

rank 17 = 6h

Edited by Regar

maybe you are right

then we need a time/mastery rank formula ... something like 1week as default time and then some scaling according to the rank

rank 0-1= 7 days

rank 2-4 = 4 days

rank 5-9 = 3 days

rank 10-14 = 2 days

rank 15 = 1 day

rank 16 = 12h

rank 17 = 6h

You do realise you need mr3 for syndicates??

maybe you are right

rank 0-1= 7 days

rank 2-4 = 4 days

rank 5-9 = 3 days

rank 10-14 = 2 days

rank 15 = 1 day

rank 16 = 12h

rank 17 = 6h

That's a bit extreme. Also, as was mentioned, syndicates start from 3. But I'd say from MR6 at the latest it should be the same timer for all, if any timer is applied. At MR6 you should be able to handle it well enough that wouldn't need a timer like this to keep them away, compared to higher MR. Sure, higher MR has it even better but there's no difference between MR8 and MR17 in (potential) power.

You do realise you need mr3 for syndicates??

that doesn't change the idea behind my suggestion xD

That's a bit extreme. Also, as was mentioned, syndicates start from 3. But I'd say from MR6 at the latest it should be the same timer for all, if any timer is applied. At MR6 you should be able to handle it well enough that wouldn't need a timer like this to keep them away, compared to higher MR. Sure, higher MR has it even better but there's no difference between MR8 and MR17 in (potential) power.

i get what u are saying, i was trying to give everyone wha they wanted, i'm sure that all the rank 17 out there are ok with killing minibosses every couple of missions... anyway .. i don't care that much

Edited by Regar