Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why There Is No French Forum?

WarLockDesign

I am tempted to type this out in french but probably best to have it seen.

This question is VERY pertinent, especially when you consider the situation in Ontario right now (Dying french language in the south, very likely to start happening in the north, fault is on both the french and english sides refusing to integrate with each other)... There is already a Russian and German side to the forums, yet in a Bilingual province and country of French and English there isn't a french section? The game is still available in French and I'm sure you'd be able to get service in French but it's still not a completely bilingual area. It just feels weird that when they are based in a French/English area that other languages get priority over French, when even English should not be getting the priority over it in theory.

Edited by DrCashew

Trés bonne idée

Mais pour ma part je me suis habitué a la communauté anglophone ,

Par contre si jamais Forum francophone il y a, je serais ravis de donner un coup de main..

Edited by Tsoe

Give up, guys

Well, in my country it's actually a RIGHT to be served in both English and French. It's pretty rude to come in here and to tell me to just give up on standing up for my rights.

L'avantage d'un forum français serait de centraliser les idées dans la langue de Molière pour ensuite être retransmises par des personnes bilingue, plutôt que par une traduction médiocre par Google ou autre moteur de ce genre.

Pour moi, la communication n'est pas un problème. Mais, les possibiliter de pratiquer la langue française est très difficile pour moi et j'aime que les opportunité soi là le plus que possible. 

• 2 weeks later...

Answer to your question may be this (is an idea).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34151-why-there-is-no-french-forum/#entry313370

(Learn Chinnese, learn Wu, lear .. to infinite).

You know you just posted the link to this own topic? lol Loop.

learn english? ^_^

Most french speakers know english and could probably write it better than most Americans.

That being said, there's a german and russian communities, why can't there be a french one? 

You know you just posted the link to this own topic? lol Loop.

Most french speakers know english and could probably write it better than most Americans.

That being said, there's a german and russian communities, why can't there be a french one?

LOL at the writing thingy, just LOL... I'll assume you ment Americans as in people outside of the US.

LOL at the writing thingy, just LOL... I'll assume you ment Americans as in people outside of the US.

Nope. From my share of online gaming time (around 8-10 ys of online gaming), most American gamers (talking about people that live in the US) I met tend to either not care about grammar/syntax (I'm not talking about little mistakes such as forgetting an H or doubling a letter) or are just lazy when typing. But for the people that learn english as a second language, ironically, they tend to have a better english writting. Can't say about Canadians and British gamers as I haven't met enough but I do assume they are better then US residents for english writting. It is still just my opinion and I respect the fact that you may or may not agree with me :)

Anyway, the same thing could probably be said about a lot of "native" french speakers who will probably care less about their french writting than the ones that learned french as a second language.

It's about the share of the gaming market.

I wouldn't fret too much - DE is a Canadian company, they'll find someone from Quebec eventually and you'll get a French community. :)

Oh, most of us are not angry of anything, we were just throwing the idea in here 'cause that would be awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Dude i'm french, i speak english "well" and there is no reason that there is no french forums, i'm fine because i know english, but there is a lot french people who play warframe than you think there is. And why is their a German Forum and not a french one? Is it me or german is not as much speak as french?