Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Punishes Slow Warframes

Tainted_Fox

its been 3 times now that fast warframes would rush to extraction while I have to pass locked doors and only giving me a 1 min to extraction

please just give me the reward i know why this is in place to punish lazy people but it punish those who legitimately trying to get to extraction without losing credits

just fix it 

It punishes several other kind of people. My wife is bad at mini maps so she gets lost easily. Once I had to back track to find her and lead her to the extraction, but we both missed it.

That's a point. A function to make the map about 3 times bigger or fullsize. 

Due to the sprint speed being used as part of balance, this might be a very difficult problem to solve without much implications.

They could however try to extend the timing for getting to the point of extraction.

As for the minimap issue, a possible solution might be to create a full level map that you can bring up to allow easier viewing. I'm sure this was brought up before.

However, if the issue happens to be due to the player not being good at reading maps then there really isn't much of a solution that can be offered.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Due to the sprint speed being used as part of balance, this might be a very difficult problem to solve without much implications.

They could however try to extend the timing for getting to the point of extraction.

The thing is, sprint speed is really bad thing to use for balance in this game. It makes sense in PvP games, where it can make you more difficult to hit, allow you to control where, when, and with whom fights happen,  and put yourself in a better position during firefights. Here it just... makes you able to actually get to where the game requires you to be.

Expand the time limit of getting to the extraction point then or just get rid of it entirely so people who do rush are forced to wait for others and be patient. 

I had one guy who kept saying 'You're being too slow ... I am rushing ... I was solo'ing but you guys joined my game', seems he didn't didn't know about the solo option and kept forcing people to extraction early on. The whole round shouldn't be a sprint fest. 

The thing is, sprint speed is really bad thing to use for balance in this game. It makes sense in PvP games, where it can make you more difficult to hit, allow you to control where, when, and with whom fights happen,  and put yourself in a better position during firefights. Here it just... makes you able to actually get to where the game requires you to be.

Actually the sprint speed affects the player such that the slower player will be the last to escape in a sticky situation.

It also makes the player reach enemies slower when using melee or weapons that function better as closer ranges or gettiing into position for skills with AOE effect.

Of course, if the entire team moves together and kills everything, then it matters little.

Actually, is there any reason for this? Warframes are already balanced by the amount of shields, life, armor or their abilities. All weapons can be used by any frame.

So why has a Rhino to be slower than Loki? It's not like those Grineer had a harder time shooting at you, since they're still aiming quite perfectly while you are jumping around like a mad rubberball or even while I'm using Volts skill 2.

In the end, maybe a solution: Equip the mod, which increases your speed while sprinting.

The solution to this problem is the same solution you get to many problems in many online games: 

Stop playing in pick-up groups with total strangers.

The essential problem here is that your expectations do not match the expectations of your teammates, and you do not know your teammates, and could not communicate with them (I don't know if you didn't hit T to type at/chat with them, or if they just ignored you).  However, the fault is not theirs alone; if three of them made it to the exit but you did not, then you, in a game designed to be fast-paced, forcing them to stand around doing nothing instead of playing another round.  You were wasting their time.

If you do not have friends who play, use the "Find a Squad" subforum to find a clan in your geographical area (games are P2P hosted so you want to be playing with people you can connect to over the internet without a lot of lag).  If you can't find a good clan, you can play solo until you feel like you've mastered the minimap interface or attained some kind of functional memorization of the tilesets so you don't get lost or stuck on terrain.  Much of the content in the game can be done solo - I wouldn't try defense, mobile defense, or boss missions alone unless you're an expert, but the rest, maybe 80-90% of it all, should be fair game.

Edited by DataShade

Simple answer to this for me was Do Not play online anymore. People in Warframe are rude, ignorant and selfish. My advice is...Spend some time in Region chat or Council chat and get to know people. Add people to your friends list. Always be set to private and let your friends join you. Agree a game speed before you all start.

This game isnt just in beta, its broken in many ways. They do know and understand this but its also very hard to change without them losing what they already have. The only way to change people is to ignore them and let them swim in there own S#&$. Let the online players who ruin other people game experience play with each other. In the end they mostly all would rather have friends to play with and just enjoy a game. Many dont realise when they first start playing the affect they are having on others by ignoring you or rushing and ignoring mobs.

Everyone has to learn. Even these net-tards. While they are becoming less of a pain in the arse go enjoy a beautiful game with some new friends you can meet very easily in chat. Thats what i did and i have only played online since to prove how awful it is to myself and friends. Sorry if this is negative but i have seen a fair few people walk away from warframe after a few days because online play is so awful.

Ough, missing extraction counts as mission failed? Now I feel bad for yesterday, me and another guy extracted while another two didn't. One of them I don't know what he was up to, he died twice in an easy mission and I barely saw him. I don't know what the other was doing, but literally just a second or two before the countdown ran out he was trying to open one of those doors which need two to open, so maybe he was trying to come but couldn't (though I don't recall seeing a mandatory door like that in the path from objective to extraction). Then again, a shout-out in the chat - or not running off to begin with - could've solved the issue, so I suppose it's not all my fault.

I don't generally even play Online, it's mostly solo, or sometimes with clanmates. I only play Online if it's a Boss or an Alert that I think I can't properly solo, and all my clanmates are already grouped up. Seeing as how prevalent rushing has been in Online missions, I reckon I gotta avoid them once I get the Rhino tomorrow.

I'm fine with movement speed being something that distinguishes frames.  Travel time, on the other hand, is a totally different issue.

What if they were to significantly boost speed when no enemies are in the area?

Edited by Shinnyshin

I'm fine with movement speed being something that distinguishes frames.  Travel time, on the other hand, is a totally different issue.

What if they were to significantly boost speed when no enemies are in the area?

How about ... Simply make missions that require less footwork and more tanking? 

Seriously. Rhino is a tank frame, he has to be slow, simply at this current stage of the game there is no real application of being "slow, but tanky" besides Defense missions. 

How about ... Simply make missions that require less footwork and more tanking? 

Seriously. Rhino is a tank frame, he has to be slow, simply at this current stage of the game there is no real application of being "slow, but tanky" besides Defense missions. 

Basically, you want true minibosses.  Because that's the only way I can see something like this working without being really obnoxious.  Sure.

Though I still am firmly of the opinion that travel time in ANY game is obnoxious.  MMOs, single-player RPGs, shooters, etc...  People playing a game shouldn't be spending most of their time trying to get to a location from which they can start playing the game--or stop playing, in this case.

I wanted to write wall of text for those that choose slow warframes in missions that require you to travel huge distances, but F*** it. 

Just gather party of 4 rhinos and do as you please. 

Of course assuming that one KNOWS beforehand that the specific missions has long than usual travel distances. If one is doing the mission for the first time, he probably doesn't know. Second time (assuming it's not soon after the first), probably doesn't remember. And so forth.

I'm using a rhino frame right now and i can keep up with other frames just fine, sometimes i even overtake them. the trick is to slide repeatedly, there's a slight increase in speed when you go from sprint to slide, learn to do it smoothly and i don't think you'll have any speed issues

I play on a Frost Warframe and it's damn hard to keep up with people who are just rushing to the exit like crazy. It gets frustrating.

The problem with this actually isn't slow warframes though, but simply the fact that 99% of this game is clown shoes easy. Those runners always abandon me as long as they can slice through all enemies with ease, but boy are they glad if I show up to clean house if they run into a huge group of enemies.

The game just needs to be harder so people can't get away with rushing so easily.

its been 3 times now that fast warframes would rush to extraction while I have to pass locked doors and only giving me a 1 min to extraction

please just give me the reward i know why this is in place to punish lazy people but it punish those who legitimately trying to get to extraction without losing credits

just fix it 

There is no such thing as SLOW WARFRAME.

Get those legs OFF ground, and you will move lightning fast. You are a space ninja (even as Rhino or Frost) you're not an infested running on the corridors. Run wall, propel yourself from every crate / wall / locker in the direction you want to go. You have speed, you just need to change mentality and play the game :)

There is no such thing as SLOW WARFRAME.

Get those legs OFF ground, and you will move lightning fast. You are a space ninja (even as Rhino or Frost) you're not an infested running on the corridors. Run wall, propel yourself from every crate / wall / locker in the direction you want to go. You have speed, you just need to change mentality and play the game :)

This too