Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino or Ash

Kolovsky

I am getting torn apart by this choice. One side Rhino a Tank, Powerful bastard and charging in head first. Or Ash, the sneaky man cutting people infront with teleportation.

I would do a love triangle, but I can only afford one blueprint.

Rhino

Rhino is the heaviest of all the Warframes. His strength enables him to combine a mix of devestating offensive attacks with formidable defensive powers.(copied from official website)

Ash

Ash is a sneaky devil, using his skills he could take down any foe in the timespan of a blink. His skills are invaluable when taking down the mobs of enemies. (my own).

I'm lost! Which do I pick!?

Edited by Kolovsky

It depends on your playstyle.

If you like to run into the enemys and crush everything that moves, then you should get Rhino.

If you like to assassinate your enemy as a sneaky bastard then you should go and pick ash.

Rhino would be better for me, because i love that style. Running into the enemy and crushing them, just like a panzer tank :D

What was your starter warframe? Mine was the Excalibur because I prefered it's skills over the others, and I am working on a Rhino because it has similar skills, but also I think the different skills it has for 2, and 3 would fit my playstyle more than the Excalibur's 2, and 3.

Think which warframe is more like your current warframe, and decide if that is a good thing (IE: You enjoy your current warframe, and therefore should enjoy the new one because it is similar) or if it is a bad thing (IE: You do not enjoy your current one and want to try a warframe that plays differently.)

My first character was Voltz, because I love mages in games. But if you have played Team Fortress 2, then easiest way to explain is that Spy Class is my favorite. So I'm teetering towards Ash. But, could you tell me how a Rhino would attack... Let's say 1) 5 Grineers hackslash 2) 4 Runners, 1 clawer 3) Leechomachine and 2 Moas.

EDIT:

I love Voltz so much, and I disliked Excalibur in the tutorial.

Double Edit, oh my God. Double Edit. It's a double Edit, Oh my god:

I love Freight Trains too, just slamming into the enemy feels so satisfying.

Edited by Kolovsky

Ash actually has almost no crowd control abilities save for his ultimate attack, while 3/4 of Rhino's abilities are destined for tackling mobs. Rhino also has the ability to become invulnerable for a few seconds, which is immeasurably useful when you're in a tight spot or need to safely draw aggro away from a teammate that needs a revive.

Ash can go invisible to remove the aggro from himself and get behind enemies easily, but he can still be hit by AoE attacks while invisible. He's more mobile with his teleport, and if the aggro isn't on you then it opens up some nice flanking tactics; combined with his shuriken that can pass through multiple enemies, he can be pretty useful.

Ultimately, it just depends on how you plan to play.

From the few videos I've watched, the Rhino would basically charge into all three scenarios, with all guns blazing and/or hacking and slashing.

Think of them like the Soldier or perhaps more like the Heavy from TF2. I think the Rhino has a dash attack, an "oh crap" self buff button, and two PBAOEs. (I might have read one of the skills wrong, don't sue me.)

So you mean such as Iron Skin is basically Ubercharge... Hehe, I love TF2. Anyway back to WarFrame. I also noticed that there are posts saying Rhino's buggy and clumsy... Hmm. Well, Example If I had a class that was Rhino/Ash together, I would teleport behind the enemies then cut them. Then Charge at the boss, taking all his aggro.

Edited by Kolovsky

My first character was Voltz, because I love mages in games. But if you have played Team Fortress 2, then easiest way to explain is that Spy Class is my favorite. So I'm teetering towards Ash. But, could you tell me how a Rhino would attack... Let's say 1) 5 Grineers hackslash 2) 4 Runners, 1 clawer 3) Leechomachine and 2 Moas.

1) Clustered? Rhino Charge. Not clustered? Either shoot as normal, or Iron Skin and run around meleeing them to death, depending on playstyle. If in a real tightspot and have the energy, Rhino Stomp.

2) See 1

3) See 2