Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4/4 3/3 2/2 Players To Finish The Mission, Slow/new Players Still Being Punished

__Kanade__

The whole party should be at the exit to finish the mission, that way, we all get the reward instead of letting rushers reap the benefits while the slower or newer players get ditched an don't get a bonus payout other than the credits they managed t find from lockers, canisters and enemies.

Of course, ppl will think this is a bad idea cause they just wanna finish the mission and be over an done with instead of searching for extra money, mods, and materials, It will make the rushers rage at this suggestion, but you know what? I don't care.

This new system is still punishing the slow and new players, especially when it comes to the new asteroid tilesets with that multiple level tile, not everyone knows the shortcuts to get higher or lower and the elevator is sometimes hard to find.

That or rework the payout so that everyone regardless if their at the exit or not gets the reward, especially from alerts.

Edited by __Kanade__

The whole party should be at the exit to finish the mission, that way, we all get the reward instead of letting rushers reap the benefits while the slower or newer players get ditched an don't get a bonus payout other than the credits they managed t find from lockers, canisters and enemies.

Of course, ppl will think this is a bad idea cause they just wanna finish the mission and be over an done with instead of searching for extra money, mods, and materials, It will make the rushers rage at this suggestion, but you know what? I don't care.

This new system is still punishing the slow and new players, especially when it comes to the new asteroid tilesets with that multiple level tile, not everyone knows the shortcuts to get higher or lower and the elevator is sometimes hard to find.

That or rework the payout so that everyone regardless if their at the exit or not gets the reward, especially from alerts.

The new system requires at least half the party to be at the exit before the timer starts.  No competent votekick system allows you to boot someone without a majority.  You will almost certainly never have a situation where the extraction timer has started and you will be able to votekick the people waiting at the end without you.

I started around the time the game went to Steam and I've only once been left behind at an extraction - the first time the timer started and I wasn't there yet, I didn't even know it was a thing to look for.  If you're that far away from your team, you weren't helping; if you're that far behind you weren't paying attention; if you need that much help you either weren't asking, or your teammates were ostentatiously ignoring you and thus the writing was on the wall.

In other words, if you're always getting left behind ... the problem is you.

A teleport-thingy at the exit:

When halft the team reaches the exit other players get the option to teleport there, yes or no pop up or something (that minimizes so you don't accidentally click it away)

I agree on this idea a teleport idea or a vote is a good idea. its not fair on anyone if u honestly don't know where u are going ,get stuck or least liked get swarmed by all the infested or corpus the rushers left behind for you to deal with. Then after u surprisingly live through all of that u get left behind the mission ends and u lose most of the reward. Iv been on before open beta and never had a problem with rushers until now as when the reward is 5000+ they rush in to just finish and leave, and people have to lose out, die, or leave the mission.

I had a game where 2 players just couldn't find the way around the new sewers and the other guy fell of the map... I waited for about 20 minutes in the extraction zone til finally one of them find the way... So no, thank you!

I had a game where 2 players just couldn't find the way around the new sewers and the other guy fell of the map... I waited for about 20 minutes in the extraction zone til finally one of them find the way... So no, thank you!

Then wouldn't you be in support of a teleport system, so that you were not left hanging around on a map you had finished for others to join you so you could leave?  I would think that you would...

I am.  I have been left in the cold.  Since the enemy respawns on all but Exterminate missions, there was once very early on that I got turned around and then overrun.  Actually, since it has not happened since the very beginning, I did not even realize that a player got gypped by not being at the exfil at the end.  That is not cool, esp. since there are rushers out that who will join a game that is already halfway complete, then just start tearing up the place and leaving those who were already there in the dust.

If you have a good team, one that sticks together and helps each other out (like covering and reviving when necessary), then this issue will not even arise.  It is only for when the team is in a disparate state.

I understand your frustration, because that really is annoying to have to deal with non "team" style players.  However, I don't think it would be a feasible solution.  For a couple reasons,  sometimes it is necessary if you are behind and being mobbed, or stuck, to have to wait for the extraction timer to be able to get out.  Also, if they did that , you can bet there would be some jerk who would hide and refuse to go to extraction just to be a,   well you know.   Try to play more with friends if you can, and if you need help to do one you don't want to rush through, feel free to add me, I will go with you.  : )