Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Cestra

Azawarau

I have to say first that im absolutely in love with this weapon and have no idea why

I had expected it to be another mastery fodder weapon but the moment i shot the Cestra i knew i had to get the dual version and forma it up

So i did

Now the issues come in

Its clip holds 100 and it only has 210 ammo after that

The reload time is very long (3.5 seconds....longest of all secondaries.5th longest in game)

It has terrible recoil and equally terrible accuracy

It has a small wind up time

Because it fires so fast it also tend sot use ammo quickly and it misses rather often because of the spread, further adding to the ammo inefficiency

The crit damage and chance are very low

Status chance is very low

Shots have a travel time

Now despite all of this the Dual Cestra may be topping my favorite list (even over the stug) but my issue is simply...

Why does this weapon get hammered so hard with about everything you can add to it while others that are more powerful see so little drawback?

Its very sad to see an uncommon weapon get slapped so hard while better weapons are left untouched

Not really sure whats best to be done in this case

Edited by Azawarau

Why does this weapon get hammered so hard with about everything you can add to it while others that are more powerful see so little drawback

Probably because they have higher DPS and almost double the ammo efficiency when compared to other dual machine pistols.
Edited by Momaw

Its awesome when youre really face first but at 15 meters that spread and recoil.....

It feels too heavy

And, again:

Akzani: damage 13, base DPS 260

Afuris:  damage 15, base DPS 300

Dual Cestra: damage 25, base DPS 312.5

Higher deeps and almost twice the ammo efficiency.

And the longer reload time isn't even a thing either.  The Akzani empty their mags in 5 seconds and reload in 2.  Afuris empty in 3.5 seconds and reload in 2.8.  Dual Cestras empty in 8 seconds and reload in 3.5.  This puts their magsize to reload ratio just a hair behind the Akzani and well ahead of the Afuris.

If you're worried about spread and recoil on these things,  I suggest with complete sincerity that you are probably using the wrong weapons and you might be happier with something that is more precise. Try the Akstilleto.  They have less burst damage but vastly superior accuracy.

Even with its DPS it isnt terribly accurate and finds ways to waste ammo when youre not close

Im not saying its terribly bad here <Its quickly become one i want to use commonly

But its being penalized more than any gun i can think of off the top of my head (Was it the supra that had the same issues?)

While at the same time other things that are stronger dont have many if any downfall

I love that gun as well. Slapped on that mod that reduces firing recoil and it's firing straight like a charm. It does hurt the DPS a bit, but I find it worth it because more rounds connect to the targets I am aiming at. 

The only real complaint I have is the ammo pool, but it doesn't really matter if I bring pistol scavenger and pistol ammo mutation. The ammo pool can be as large as it wants to be, but it will most likely never stay above 100 rounds for long at the rate these guns empty their chambers. I'm happy if I can reload and find 70 rounds in the mag. 

Not sure if that's a problem or not, but I am not really focusing on this gun to be my 'end all' gun, it's just a really fun sideproject I started forma'ing for the hell of it... Now if I want S#&amp;&#036; done I bring LEX, and if I want to break any and all challenge I bring Marelok. 

I love that gun as well. Slapped on that mod that reduces firing recoil and it's firing straight like a charm. It does hurt the DPS a bit, but I find it worth it because more rounds connect to the targets I am aiming at. 

The only real complaint I have is the ammo pool, but it doesn't really matter if I bring pistol scavenger and pistol ammo mutation. The ammo pool can be as large as it wants to be, but it will most likely never stay above 100 rounds for long at the rate these guns empty their chambers. I'm happy if I can reload and find 70 rounds in the mag. 

Not sure if that's a problem or not, but I am not really focusing on this gun to be my 'end all' gun, it's just a really fun sideproject I started forma'ing for the hell of it... Now if I want S#&$ done I bring LEX, and if I want to break any and all challenge I bring Marelok. 

I use that mod too

Though the spray still gets me a bit

Ive been using that corrupted damage mod that increases spread recently since its really already unable to focus on a target well