Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling Melee Variety

Surtur

Currently all melee weapons have the same base stats for channeling (5 cost and 1.5x damage). I wish to propose that melee weapons that seem energy in nature/build/design (for example, the plasma sword and the gram because of the sides of their blades [maybe even the Silva & Aegis]) should have a higher damage multiplier and lower cost. It could be small, like 2x damage and 3 or 4 cost instead, but it would add variety. It would also make some weapons better than they currently are (the plasma sword is weak, the gram is weaker than the galatine and has shorter reach, and the Silva & Aegis I wont even mention because of how talked about it already is). This change could actually make them worthwhile. 

Feel free to critique or comment. That's all for my 2 cents

Edit: Added the word design for a bit more clarification 

Edited by Warlord_Zeta

I like it. I don't see it impacting in any major way, plus it gives DE a way to tweak the weapons more. I would not see this as a bad change.

The only thing is that is that number is hardwired somewhere, will be fun for them to untangle it and then have to think up numbers for each individual weapon. Sounds not too fun for them.

I like it. I don't see it impacting in any major way, plus it gives DE a way to tweak the weapons more. I would not see this as a bad change.

The only thing is that is that number is hardwired somewhere, will be fun for them to untangle it and then have to think up numbers for each individual weapon. Sounds not too fun for them.

True. It would definitely add to more build specific weapons though. There could just be a standard for most weapons and only a few are varied for channeling though

I think this could be used as a great tool to make less-used weapons more competitive for players who enjoy the benefits of channeling. Perhaps not specifically for "energy natured" weapons but weapons that are often overlooked for their lesser stats can be buffed channelling-wise to create a new niche of weapon use. This is an excellent idea.

I'll make a list of weapons I think that lower costs and/or higher damage for channeling should apply to

Gram- The innately glowing sides on it denote energy and it would compensate for it's lower damage and shorter reach than other heavy weapons

Silva & Aegis- It is made of energy (fire) which would mean it is made of pure energy. It would also make the Silva & Aegis more usable. Also it is an ether weapon, but I will get to why that is relevant in a second.

Plasma Sword- It has plasma edges. Also, it would make it more usable  (much like the gram).

Nami Solo- The edge of it also denotes innate energy, and it would make it less lack luster.

Lecta- I accidentally overlooked this one. It is an energy whip so it belongs here. It is alright alone, but it would make it more appealing. When it comes to whips from experience people will prefer the atterax or the scoliac.

Serro- I am hesitant to put it on here since it is already pretty strong and unique, but it does say it is an energy saw so I need to put it on here for the sake of being impartial

These are part of my original idea. I have also concluded that ether weapons should apply. When you kill an enemy while channeling they turn to ash that is the color of your energy on the weapon. Ether weapons are described as being the weapons of choice for cleansing allies. Cleansing them by turning them into the equivalent of nothing makes sense, so ether weapons should be meant for channeling following this logic.

Ether Sword- It is an ether weapon and it would also make it more usable

Dual Ether- Weak weapon and also an ether weapon

Ether Daggers- Weak in most, if not every, regard that is an ether weapon. 

Ether Reaper- Ether weapon that would make it different from the reaper prime and the hate. Seriously, they are almost the same weapons.

This list might grow and change

Edited by Warlord_Zeta

I think this could be used as a great tool to make less-used weapons more competitive for players who enjoy the benefits of channeling. Perhaps not specifically for "energy natured" weapons but weapons that are often overlooked for their lesser stats can be buffed channelling-wise to create a new niche of weapon use. This is an excellent idea.

Well, that would depend on how it is applied. I said the energy natured weapons thing because it made sense and added weapons to which it could apply. If done right then that could work.