Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raising Awareness For Ruptured Brain Aneurysms

(PSN)IMainTheMains

My Dad died at 43 of a ruptured brain aneurysm so I would like to try and prevent this from happening to as many people as possible so I would like to try and raise awareness for ruptured brain aneurysms.

What is a brain aneurysm?

A cerebral aneurysm is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel that baloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. This can cause it to leak or rupture (a hemorrhage) which can eventually cause death to someone.

Here are some facts about brain aneurysms:

There is a brain aneurysm rupturing about every 18 minutes.

Ruptured brain aneurysms are fatal in about 40% of cases.

There is almost half a million deaths each year because of ruptured brain aneurysms.

What is the symptoms of brain aneurysms?

An unruptured aneurysm has near to no symptoms, however a ruptured aneurysm can have any of the following symptoms:

Sudden, severe headaches

Neck pain

Nausea and Vomiting

Sensitivity to light

Blurred or double vision

Fainting or loss of consciousness 

Seizures

If you have any of these symptoms, contact your GP ASAP. It could be for the sake of your life. Also if someone you know  has any of these symptoms please get them to contact their GP.

What can you do to help people with aneurysms?

Donate (bafound.Org will give details.) or spread awareness in anyway you can. You can save peoples' lifes and make people not need to lose their families.

September is Aneurysms Awareness month, unfortunately I missed that because of being upset with my Dad dying, and I also didn't know about it.

Is it really? I had no idea. 

I appreciate your post & will participate in spreading the awareness. Thanks & prayers for you & your family.