Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Missions Can Be So Much More

Deruser

Imagine this, being in the Arbiters of Hexis syndicate, you are tasked with finding the truth. You enter the orokin void to find out more about the orokin in order to surpass them.

If you are in the Steel Meridian syndicate, during your fight against the tyranny of the grineer, you learn a lot more about how they discovered their cloning technology. The leader of the Steel Meridian will also have emotional reactions to how she was created.

Perrin Sequence can be about the Corpus, Red Veil can be about the origins of the Stalker (Come on, this is so obvious.), New Loka could be about the Lotus. This would be so much more interesting than the typical syndicate missions that we get. We would also have an incentive to rank up because we want to unlock more new missions to find new lore.

I hope DE is already working on this. This naturally seem to be the next step for the Syndicates.

I''m imagining there'll be updates to it. They ARE a new system, and DE tends to implement things piece by piece at times.

And, sorry, but we KNOW the origins of the Stalker already, and it's got nothin' to do with the Veil.

Edited by Morec0

I''m imagining there'll be updates to it. They ARE a new system, and DE tends to implement things piece by piece at times.

And, sorry, but we KNOW the origins of the Stalker already, and it's got nothin' to do with the Veil.

That's true, I'm just asking for more lore, and this seems like a great way to do it.

That's true, I'm just asking for more lore, and this seems like a great way to do it.

Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I'd like to see the Stalker react to the Lotus at some point.

Crazy or not, Stalker's the only one who actually REMEMBERS what happened back then - even the Lotus, for all the good she does, seems to have a spotty memory (see her reactions to the memories during Hidden Messages).

If you are in the Steel Meridian syndicate, during your fight against the tyranny of the grineer, you learn a lot more about how they discovered their cloning technology. The leader of the Steel Meridian will also have emotional reactions to how she was created.

All of my upvotes , take them

I'd love to see boss do that.

Like you enter a mission in the new laboratory facility that we'll get. And when you pass by a cloning machine she'll be like:

,,One sacrfice is all it takes....all it takes to create more , but it doesnt stop the mindless suffering of my brethren. (insert Playername) , i ask you not as your enemy - but as your ally and the leader of the meridian. Stop them and rally our yet by the empire corrupted brothers.''

That would be a worthy lore point ...oh man now i want it too x.x...

I definitely agree with the general idea. Warframe has a rich story environment and it is not getting enough attention. The Syndicates can be used to bring in lore and the quests have also shone to bring in a side story of their own. However, this is not enough. The more the merrier.

I think that a really small touch that would really increase the amount of syndicate missions I do would be adding more voice lines for the syndicate leaders. Currently the syndicate of your choice will greet you with the same static message at the beginning of the mission and then the Lotus comes to take over the rest of the instructions.

Yea more expansion on syndicate missions/quests to make them feel like they actually have some relationship to the actual syndicate other than the fact that some dude other than lotus told you to go do it.

Also for people saying that this is just the begging, this is true, but this is also why this is the best time for us to let DE know what we wan't from the syndicates.

P.S. if you can handle large walls of text I'd recommend checking this thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340692-refining-the-syndicate-system/