Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please,explain Me How Pvp Can Ruin This Game

Paschymat

The general response from people who don't like the idea can be acted out in this short roleplay:

Person A: There should be PvP too. Think of the potential!

Person B: *Derp face* NO! IT WOULD BE UNBALANCED *starts blowing raspberries*

The main crowd that hate the idea are just thinking that PvP would be slotted in as a mode where the Frames would be fighting each other with their current stats.

Obviously this wouldn't be the case though as the devs would be smarter than that. I mean enough members that I notice praising the devs for their large creative brains still think at the same time that they woudln't be able to think smartly about a PvP mode. Quite interesting isn't it.

I think generally a lot of people just hate competitive multiplayer. I myself don't mind it if it is done right but I think discussions about it shouldn't be burned by haters as fast as the discussion is presented. If everything was like that then the world would be 100% communist. Let's not make it that way.

The general response from people who don't like the idea can be acted out in this short roleplay:

Person A: There should be PvP too. Think of the potential!

Person B: *Derp face* NO! IT WOULD BE UNBALANCED *starts blowing raspberries*

The main crowd that hate the idea are just thinking that PvP would be slotted in as a mode where the Frames would be fighting each other with their current stats.

Obviously this wouldn't be the case though as the devs would be smarter than that. I mean enough members that I notice praising the devs for their large creative brains still think at the same time that they woudln't be able to think smartly about a PvP mode. Quite interesting isn't it.

I think generally a lot of people just hate competitive multiplayer. I myself don't mind it if it is done right but I think discussions about it shouldn't be burned by haters as fast as the discussion is presented. If everything was like that then the world would be 100% communist. Let's not make it that way.

yes,this is my thought too.But i repeat,if they have an amazing idea for add variety to the game,i will be happy,less pvp too!

Dear OP,

you already showed how PVP actually ruins something:
The forums.  Even after the 23534523456 thread about pvp, it still seems that people have to suggest the same over and over again. Is it because people dont want to read the faqs and read about the pvp in it? Or is it simply ignorance. Nobody knows.

Threads like this one only waste space that could be used for usefull suggestions ideas...

another fact is that DE already mentioned interest in Borderlands 2 duels.
Most of the pvp threads here dont even know that. they just say. PVP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAWWW.

So please, just close this thread...

Edited by Venarge

Dear OP,

you already showed how PVP actually ruins something:

The forums.  Even after the 23534523456 thread about pvp, it still seems that people have to suggest the same over and over again. Is it because people dont want to read the faqs and read about the pvp in it? Or is it simply ignorance. Nobody knows.

Threads like this one only waste space that could be used for usefull suggestions ideas...

another fact is that DE already mentioned interest in Borderlands 2 duels.

Most of the pvp threads here dont even know that. they just say. PVP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAWWW.

So please, just close this thread...

not so funny,is just a civil conversation,if you want u can ignore ;)

i know my friends,but in the forum there have been many suggestions about,this isn't the problem...

how do you balance invulnerability on rhino, banshee and trinity? Rhino can have invulnerability stretches measured in minutes. Trinity can theoretically go forever. How do you balance that without removing it or gimping it to near useless levels?

How do you justify the time taken from completing the PVE main component of the game which is the main product?

Here's a lesson in software development. Don't feature creep, lay out goals and accomplish them before adding new tasks. If you continue to add new features you will never release.

how do you balance invulnerability on rhino, banshee and trinity? Rhino can have invulnerability stretches measured in minutes. Trinity can theoretically go forever. How do you balance that without removing it or gimping it to near useless levels?

How do you justify the time taken from completing the PVE main component of the game which is the main product?

Here's a lesson in software development. Don't feature creep, lay out goals and accomplish them before adding new tasks. If you continue to add new features you will never release.

lol,this is the community of this game? everyone attack everyone? i started this thread to speak of possibilities. isn't my job,i'm the player and i would like to help Devs

No, not everyone attacks everyone. Everyone attacks PvP threads that pop up everyday saying the same thing. The devs have said on multiple occasions PvP is not for Warframe. I come to Warframe for PvE because not many games do that, if I want PvP I look somewhere else because I know it wont happen here.

No, not everyone attacks everyone. Everyone attacks PvP threads that pop up everyday saying the same thing. The devs have said on multiple occasions PvP is not for Warframe. I come to Warframe for PvE because not many games do that, if I want PvP I look somewhere else because I know it wont happen here.

actually,if i don't mistake,devs haven't said PVP isn't for warframe,thy've just said not for no,because they want to focus in PVE.But attention,the pvp is just a scapegoat,i wanted to speak about adding variety on the game.The solution could be PVP as anything else 

lol,this is the community of this game? everyone attack everyone? i started this thread to speak of possibilities. isn't my job,i'm the player and i would like to help Devs

There...wasn't a single attack in the part you quoted.  It was all reasonably polite and well-reasoned.  But yes, there are a LOT of reasons to not include PvP.  A lot of people when discussing a new feature will say something along the lines of: "I can see how this feature wouldn't make the game better for you, but for people like me it'd be a huge improvement!  And it wouldn't make the game worse at all for you.  So why not include it?"

That's a wonderful sentiment.  And ideally, I'd agree.  Unfortunately, it's rather...naive.  If you've ever seen anything about game development--ESPECIALLY at a small company--they have a set staff working on set things.  At the end of the last interview, the Devs talked about their plans for the day.  One was running over graphs and models and research papers from MIT in order to implement the Clan system and Clan competition.  The other was working on coordinating the art-team on retouching old bosses while also designing the mechanics of one new boss that was his latest project.  In order to implement brand new features, you have to pull several of these people off of what they're already doing and put them on the new project.  If the art team and boss design team would have spent a month on the animations, mechanics, and designs of a new boss and they switch, then we have no new boss for 1 month + new feature time.

PvP is a huge feature.  It would require people from almost every department spending huge chunks of time.  And DE doesn't have spare staff lying around.  Developing PvP could mean--and I don't know the #s offhand--9 months of the team being completely pulled off PvE things.  That's enough time to kill the PvE of the game.  And that's not even mentioning how the balance and progression of PvE might be adversely impacted by the inception of PvP--plus how the community would be fundamentally altered by catering more to PvPers and the like.  Those are issues.  They just aren't as big by any means.

I hope that helps to explain a bit more on why PvP could ruin the game.  It's not so much that the idea of PvP is some toxic, radioactive material that eats through games and burns everything around it.  Rather it's mostly that the time and effort required to make PvP has to come from somewhere and given that this is a PvE-oriented game, diverting massive resources away from PvE towards something that's not really part of the game is...a problem.

actually,if i don't mistake,devs haven't said PVP isn't for warframe,thy've just said not for no,because they want to focus in PVE.But attention,the pvp is just a scapegoat,i wanted to speak about adding variety on the game.The solution could be PVP as anything else 

That's the problem there has been 100 threads of people just wanting to talk about PvP. Yes they did say there is a chance for it but not for a very long time. So why waste everyone's time talking about something that isn't going to come for some time? All PvP threads end up getting locked and forgotten meaning that It's just a big waste of time to be talked about.  There are a lot of PvE aspects that could add variety to the game. This why you seem to think people are attacking the PvP posters it's because you all make the same repetitive posts that all end the same way, No PvP and wasted breath. Until something is officially announced stop kicking a dead horse. 

Edited by Soathe

What pvp Does to games:

-Skyrock in the amount of Hackers/Bots/Gold spammers.

-PvP games has the worst type of comunity.

-Incentives the game to be balanced around pvp.

-Competitive PvP is just a bunch of guys seeking to enlarge his e-penis and put it in the &#! of everyone

It will be the same thing as any MMORPG.

90% Will make a warframe focused on PVP and one Warframe to grind to get shiny mods for PVP.

PVP will always shift the goal towards it because at the end of the day you get more acknowledge if you are the most powerful against other players than being the richest, the monster slayer or even the nicest.

Unless its a standalone mode with different warframes all toguether, it will ruin the game. It won't be "united against the enemy of the tenno" and become "united against the enemy of the tenno so that we can kill each other later". That has an effect on the community.

DE is the maker of unreal tournament. If they want to make a PvP game, they would have done it a long time ago.

Originally, Dark sector was planned as a PvP game with bounty and spaceship but it was changed by some short-sighted publisher into WW2 style game in order to plead the market. However, as the FAQ already stated, this time DE want it to be PvE and they're focusing on it. There is no reason to create PvP mode along with PvE at the same time since they don't have enough resource to do both at the same time. For this reason alone, we we not going to see PvP any time soon.

Moreover, Warframe is advertised as coop PvE shooter. It draws a different group of player. With the number of PvP shooter in the market, it would be unwise to compete in that arena with established franchises.

Gameplay wise, I think the main offender is P2P network. While it cut the cost of maintaining and renting server, it also make the game laggy. My recent experience with P2P network game tha feature PvP wasn't particularly good. You're dead before you know it and rubber banding all over the place.

It will be the same thing as any MMORPG.

90% Will make a warframe focused on PVP and one Warframe to grind to get shiny mods for PVP.

PVP will always shift the goal towards it because at the end of the day you get more acknowledge if you are the most powerful against other players than being the richest, the monster slayer or even the nicest.

Unless its a standalone mode with different warframes all toguether, it will ruin the game. It won't be "united against the enemy of the tenno" and become "united against the enemy of the tenno so that we can kill each other later". That has an effect on the community.

Or you know just take PvE stats and make PvP a standard shooter? It's really not that hard to make a PvP mode for Warframe and balance it around the Warframe skills.

Or you know just take PvE stats and make PvP a standard shooter? It's really not that hard to make a PvP mode for Warframe and balance it around the Warframe skills.

How would you balance out Loki going invis constantly, rhino going invulnerable for 20 seconds, and trinity making it so that she hurts you and if you hurt her you just hurt yourself?

From what I have gathered from numerous PvP posts it would work something like this.

1. PvP would take place on PvP only maps

2. PvP would have seperate loadout. Which means when you select a pvp game it would clear your mods on warframes and clear your weapons. no pve weapons in pvp.

3. Devs would introduce pvp only mods with different stats for both weapons and warframes.

4. You would start with a new frame "mod wise" at level 30.

5 PvP mods and weapons would be "sold" in a special pvp store for a strictly pvp currency(we will call it domination points). (no plat, no credits) pvp mods/weapons could not be used in pve.

6. You would be matched up by "mod points slotted", for fair pvp. say a 7 mod point spread. or whatever.

7. Plat could be spent in the pvp store to buy weapon skins and warframe customization skins. this would be the only thing that could be taken out of pvp. they would have 0 effect on stats.

You would balance through the pvp mods.

You can come up with whatever system you want to keep folks playing like ranks or whatever.

The only downside I see with this is the time it would take away from devs who are working on pve. That is a huge issue, and I leave it up to everyones opinion as to whether it's worth it or not.

Personally, I could care less either way.

Edited by Xtorma

From what I have gathered from numerous PvP posts it would work something like this.

1. PvP would take place on PvP only maps

2. PvP would have seperate loadout. Which means when you select a pvp game it would clear your mods on warframes and clear your weapons. no pve weapons in pvp.

3. Devs would introduce pvp only mods with different stats for both weapons and warframes.

4. You would start with a new frame "mod wise" at level 30.

5 PvP mods and weapons would be "sold" in a special pvp store for a strictly pvp currency(we will call it domination points). (no plat, no credits) pvp mods/weapons could not be used in pve.

6. You would be matched up by "mod points slotted", for fair pvp. say a 7 mod point spread. or whatever.

7. Plat could be spent in the pvp store to buy weapon skins and warframe customization skins. this would be the only thing that could be taken out of pvp. they would have 0 effect on stats.

You would balance through the pvp mods.

You can come up with whatever system you want to keep folks playing like ranks or whatever.

The only downside I see with this is the time it would take away from devs who are working on pve. That is a huge issue, and I leave it up to everyones opinion as to whether it's worth it or not.

Personally, I could care less either way.

finally someone that gives suggestions...

pvp doesnt have to be shooting and killing other players, no? Just any form of competition is fine, like parkour for points, speed running, team speed running, what team can kill a boss/fulfill an objective faster

yet when someone says pvp everyone thinks about killing and balance. If balance is an issue, create few pvp frames that players can choose from when entering a pvp match, with preset weapons/abilities that would be balanced and there you go

pvp doesnt have to be shooting and killing other players, no? Just any form of competition is fine, like parkour for points, speed running, team speed running, what team can kill a boss/fulfill an objective faster

yet when someone says pvp everyone thinks about killing and balance. If balance is an issue, create few pvp frames that players can choose from when entering a pvp match, with preset weapons/abilities that would be balanced and there you go

Yes,very good,that was the aim of the thread,give suggestions...unfortunately they'll probably delete this thread without even read it :(

Edited by Paschymat