The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Loading Speeds

KaptainK3nny

• 4 weeks later...

I have been experiencing the same. Before Update 15, I had pretty good loading speed. The flying ship would be at 30 FPS, and then 60+ after the majority loaded. Now I get 14-16 FPS, and then 30 or so. I barely am able to see the mission intro cutscenes, as the game seems to no longer wait for everyone to be loaded in. On my friend's computer, much older than mine, the loading is so bad we actually need for her to enter a node alone, and then invite. Otherwise, I just get disconnected from her

Intel HD Graphics 4000 power my computer, and HD 3000 hers.

To everyone: check both your ram usage and your GPU vram usage.

Long loading times sound like you may be running out of one or both of these and therefore the game is writing to your hard disk drive/SSD (much slower!) instead of your ram/vram. This would cause long loading times/fps issues.

I've been encountering long loading times as well. The problem isn't my PC specs either as far as I'm concerned, as I can run the game fine with all the bells and whistles turned on. I believe the problem is with online games, as I can load a game almost instantly in solo. I performed a speed test, which told me I have 16 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up, so I think I can safely rule out any internet related troubles. I thought it may be a distance issue, but I've tried playing a game with a buddy who only lives a few towns away from me with him as the host, but the long loading times persist. At this moment I really have no clue.

I've been encountering long loading times as well. The problem isn't my PC specs either as far as I'm concerned, as I can run the game fine with all the bells and whistles turned on. I believe the problem is with online games, as I can load a game almost instantly in solo. I performed a speed test, which told me I have 16 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up, so I think I can safely rule out any internet related troubles. I thought it may be a distance issue, but I've tried playing a game with a buddy who only lives a few towns away from me with him as the host, but the long loading times persist. At this moment I really have no clue.

Having a difference between solo vs online could also be a difference between hosting vs not hosting, not simply internet issue vs no internet issue.

Hosting a game eats your CPU like heck. Try monitoring your cpu usage.

Having a difference between solo vs online could also be a difference between hosting vs not hosting, not simply internet issue vs no internet issue.

Hosting a game eats your CPU like heck. Try monitoring your cpu usage.

Just got around to checking. I'm not going above 30%.

Edited by Samjuaro

What seems especially unreasonable with this situation, in addition to these aforementioned issues, is that the loading screen animations (Liset flying to her mission, etc) is so directly and visibly affected by these long loading times.

Having the loading screen in any game stutter to 0.1 fps, just because of unrelated background loading, does not give off a sense of a smooth experience ahead.

I really hope DE focuses on this issue, as it's akin to a store having it's front window all cracked and shattered... does not give off a good "quality experience ahead" vibe.

Which is a shame, as I love Warframe, and want to see it improve.