Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Updates Downloading Super Slow

FemaleSniper86

Alright, my normal download speed is around 1.5 MB/sec, it peaks at around 2 MBs.

Every other game I either download or update goes quickly, justa few minutes and it will be done if that. To add to this, I can download games that are much larger in less time than I update warframe, so it is not my internet speed.

Warframe's small updates, the 8 MB updates and so, they go fast, done in seconds.

Then comes the ones that are slightly larger.... Every time, since almost 6 months back now or more, I download them in 20 kb/sec....

kb......

There is no exlplanation for why this happens, and I have written about this Before on this forum, I have seen others ask about it, and still there has been no fix, at least not for me.

If there is any info I can give to help solve this problems, please tell me, but since I download the 8MB updates with my 1-2MB/s and the 30MB+ updates in only 20kb/s I'd say its the launcher and not my pc.

It is frustrating.

Please find a solution. Thanks.

Edited by FemaleSniper86

No, I do not have "aggressive download" option on because it said that people who had slow updating problems should have it disabled, so I have.

The only things I have enabbled is full screen, 64 bit mode and bulk download (but I don't know what bulk download really is needed for?)

so I am confused

and Domaik, it is not because everyone is downloading at the same time.... This is to do with something else, or it Wold have been the same for everyone with slow updating. And as far as I know, there are others who have fast updates...

had this been a problem with my system, or slow internet speed I would not be Writing on this forum, coz I am not stupid...

I am Writing because it is only on the big updates and only in this game.

Edited by FemaleSniper86

• 2 weeks later...

cretsiah  thanks for posting, but it did not help any of the tips you wrote there unfortunately.... unless I messed up somehow....

and this new update today, well I was downloading it in 130 B /s and after 15 minutes it was stil showing 0% complete, so I shut the thing off...... guess I will have to run that update during the night then, and hope to all that it is done in the morning (Think it wont, considering the size of it)

come on DE... if hundreds of thousands of people can download a dlc on a couple of GB for Battlefield at the same freakin time, Warframe should be able to do the same.... at least fastr than a couple of B/s of kb/s..... geez... yes I am frustrated, I apologize

Same issue here, 6mbs interwebs warframe is the only game I have a problem with :/ what gives DE? 20/kbs on "checking for new content" Ive searched around and this is an issue thats been going on for months, I wish they'd fix their servers.

Edited by LiquidCypher

precisely!, i downloaded evolve and ps2 in <1Hr, this game gives me the biggest headache. glitches, affinity boosters not working properly, crashes, disconnections. and to think ive spent 300$ on this game.... i expected a better server for all of us to get our patches from. im sure im not the only one that have bestowed money upon them.

tis makes me wonder why we all are still having such slow download speeds. i mean come on DE, AOL downloaded faster than this.

so much for a thanksgiving patch. its hard to not let this ruin your day when you're an avid tenno.

im sorry but i truly think i speak for the masses.

ok guys try this now if(this is a big if)you have steam go to steam then click warframe scroll to the very bottom where it says properties and go to local files and click verify integrity of game and this will say how many problems you have with the game files once done this will restart the steam download and it will fix the problems but if it doesn't try 4 times if it doesn't get you to the loading screen i am sorry i didn't find this is out it was some guy on the same topic don't give credit to me