Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some "directional Meele" Feedback From Me.

Kainosh

Its good. But there are few issues I noticed, and I have some suggestions how to fix them.  GO:

1) Flight time exeeds attack time. And if I use fast weapon, attack time is even shorter and propulsion is WAAAY to massive.  I suggest making "air meele" NOT affected by attack speed (since its actually better on slower weapons coz attack animation last longer) OR  reduce propulsion AFTER attack. Or both.

2) If enemy doesn't die-1-hit (High lvl eximus drone and such) We need to air attack them MANY times. That takes long ...especially running back after that dash.

I was thinking about grapple move.  So by reaching air target and pressing [action] button we could hang on it for a FEW MOMENTS attacking it straight in the face by moshing [meele].  

Its not necessary though...But shall stronger flying enemies appear (me want badly), this will be asom. 

3) Initial propulsion. Right now we need to jump to "air meele".  I suggest this:  

A) Jump on [space] release. So you can press and hold it without actually jumping.

B) While [space] is held (parkour state) you can activate "directional meele" by pressing [meele]. So Frame start ''directional attack" from the ground instead of mid air (I know that some of you dont care or actually like it....but this is wrong. Not all frames made of oxium and butterflies.)

And when [space] is held our frames should change their stance a little (Hey...just remembered Assassin's creed. They had same [space] "parcour state" thingy. Or was it [shift]?...hmm)

Its good. But there are few issues I noticed, and I have some suggestions how to fix them.  GO:

1) Flight time exeeds attack time. And if I use fast weapon, attack time is even shorter and propulsion is WAAAY to massive.  I suggest making "air meele" NOT affected by attack speed (since its actually better on slower weapons coz attack animation last longer) OR  reduce propulsion AFTER attack. Or both.

It's based off Attack Range, and not Attack Speed like coptering. 

It's based off Attack Range, and not Attack Speed like coptering. 

I haven't tested it extensively, so the only thing I know for sure is that Fury and Berserker and base attack speeds will indeed have no effect whatsoever on air slashes. But when you say Attack Range, do you mean that it's affected by Reach?

And does it scale based off the weapon type (e.g. all Polearms will have the same Air Slash distance), or does it scale based off the individual weapon's range (e.g. Orthos Prime's air slash will reach slightly further than Orthos')?

I haven't tested it extensively, so the only thing I know for sure is that Fury and Berserker and base attack speeds will indeed have no effect whatsoever on air slashes. But when you say Attack Range, do you mean that it's affected by Reach?

And does it scale based off the weapon type (e.g. all Polearms will have the same Air Slash distance), or does it scale based off the individual weapon's range (e.g. Orthos Prime's air slash will reach slightly further than Orthos')?

Yes it's affected by Reach... And yes big range weapons like Polearms have the biggest directional melee attack. Orthos Prime is insane. Also Whips in this game for some reason have a really big range also, Scoliac is a very interesting mobility tool because it have both a really fast copter and a really high directional melee.