Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keyboard Bind Forcing Me To Have Hold To Crouch Or Else?

NecoTheSergal

This may sound small to some, but it's extremely irritating thing to me, you see. I use Crouch TOGGLE and I feel no need to bind a completely separate button to a Hold to Crouch that I'd never use. However.... if I ever go into my Keybinds, I CANNOT exit the options, I cannot exit to anywhere, I have to Alt-F4 or Ctrl+Alt+Del just to relaunch the game if I happen to go into the keybinds just to relook at a few things. I don't want to submit to the 'You must Make a key into Hold to Crouch' - because I really don't see the point, we have Two choices to crouch, one to hold, one to toggle.

Why is it forcibly telling me I have to bind BOTH and not one-or-the-other? I hope this is a strange bug that coincidentally no one has reported. I don't like having binds that I don't use, so I like to keep the redundant keybinds to be Cleared, N/A. Why is it trying to FORCE me to have both????

2014_11_12_00013.jpg

2014_11_12_00012.jpg

Maybe bind it to another key? I mean if you really hate Hold to Crouch, you can bind it to whatever to rid yourself of this particular error. Bug? Maybe, but something tells me it's a required keybind due to some other crouch-related functionality.

That was my assumption, though I never ran into this problem before, my games been installed since like, Version 6? The keybinds always remained the same excluding any additional keybinds added in updates - and I've NEVER been given this warning/restriction before until just recent, unsure how long 'recent' is buuuut, it's still New, rather than Old.

I could simply bind it to like some random-as-hell Numpad key but I mean, I'll do that as a last resort, varying on how long it takes to fix a simple error/bug like this, which I'd not put my bets on for sure.