Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Nerfs On Warframes, Just To Make Us Grind More

KudaGila

Everyone expected nerf on Viver, some even asked for it. But nerfing heavily warframes back to their states a year or more, rollback to max of 50 mods on screen, that's just anti consumers systems.

Did you think of this? Ppl that defend on defense maps, like frost snowglobing a pod, can't run around a whole map when they reach high level wave? Or at survival, ppl tend to split, and not always you'll find all the mods? That's why there was a change very long time ago, that drops wouldn't decay over time...

Trinity and her energy vamp=you've never played as trinity, otherwise you would know that it's impossible to always get ppl in range of energy vamp, with change to her ulti which now doesn't provide invincibility, she has only link, and pretty much is worse then ever.

You've boosted heavily excal, then suddenly realised how he will be used. Don't you test your stuff before releasing it to open wide public? But what is next to prevent viver farm, touch a rhino's stomp or nova's M prime, and I guarantee that you'll be forced by pissed off playerbase, to roll that back.

Ppl don't revolt much about changes to Mag, Excal or Trin, because they were never used heavily in end game (excal was always for starting players). But those of us, that like to be supportive, HAVE NO FREAKING CHANCE OF BEING SO. Nerfing trinity is a misstake, and should be reconsidered. And as I've said, go ahead and touch Rhino, the ultimate solution to pretty much ANY mission in this game, warframe that has Iron skin and can recast it for almost 0 cost, that can deal heavy dmg and crowd control with his ultimate. Because honestly, you've screwd us on Ember a long time ago, but since she wasn't that loved as Rhino, you didn't care enough to fix her back to her proper glory.

Ppl in this game want an easy way, that's why they take Rhino, because it's the easiest solution to really, anything. Iron skin let's you ignore 90% of the mechanics from whole game, and you can't change it because your community IS LAZY THIS WAY.

And think about the grind in this game, for new players, it's insane and I don't even have chance to help them out as veteran in game, I can't gift them cash, resources, anything to help them out. I would have to make myself stuck with them on Mercury, or drag them into high level missions/void, where they have no clue what's going on, and no chance to deal serious dmg and be part of the game.

For end game, only things we can do is: oh a new weapon/warframe is released, and I lack these all materials, let's grind for it. I also want to max out my syndicates, but I can't share quests with my friends or clan mates at diferent syndicate levels. So I'm stuck for weeks with playing daily missions, while geting orokin cells or other rare resource drops, count in it that you work daily and voila, you come home to Grind for resource, Grind for syndicate points, and Grind for levels on some useless weapon that will just be added to your weapons collection.

And we have to get all weapons in Prime versions, because what's easier then properly boosting the usability of one weapon? Release reskined version of it, and even if you don't like it's looks, and don't want to grind for it, hell it's the best you can get in the game (Boltor Prime, Hikou Prime, Scindo Prime...), but with ridiculously low drop rates, so we have to spend uterly long time till we get it.

Your game has become something that ppl get fed up with after all that grind and have to quit for several months, to then come back and have chance of even geting all the new stuff (because at release, drop rates for items are around 0,01% chance, costs for crafting are high for no reason and get adjusted if enough of ppl complain about it, not due to fact that devs of this game also play it as regular players and therefore can say how much of a pain will this cost be).

And if you continue with the nerf hammer, and no inteligent boost to syndicate points gain, ppl will quit again, myself included. Costs in syndicate points for special mods are way too high, for the income that players have per day, which creates just another GRIND. 

Instead of trying to ease the grind for ppl, you'll introduce more of it, without proper testing, with nerf hammer happy politics. Game should be about fun, but I can't come up with anything that's fun in this game for me to introduce this game to newcomes for example, I have hard times even helping someone new in game, because oh, you need credits, then all the resources and I can't even provide you with all the blueprints. You don't like your warframe, but ofc there is so many of them, so how are you supposed to know which one you should get, and even if you decide, we have to grind for it and for mats, and for credits for that. Then you'll have to level it up, and get bunch of useless weapons to hit higher mastery rank, so you could redeem blueprints from clan's research labs, but for that you also need credits, and special built resources, so we'll have to grind for those in alerts, and for credits probably in void, where you'll have no clue what's going on, and won't deal any dmg to enemies and will die almost instantly, but sorry this is the fastest way I can help you out.  > If you see no problem in this, then I don't know who will change it.

Rank 17

1,2k hours in game

collection of lvl 30 everything I could get, and growing tired of adding more "prime" versions of same weapons..

The end

Seeing the word testing here a lot. Looks like the community forgot a crucial thing here.

Warframe is a beta, and WE, the players, are the BETA TESTERS. It is our unpaid JOB to test the game for bugs, balance issues and provide feedback and bug reports of the issues we find.

I remember the devs talking about how they hate it when they put out a new high level boss and the first response is along the lines of "Guess what I just killed in one hit Lel".

It's like that with syndicates.  They put this "content" up to last players many months and then the forums get flooded with posts akin to "You know that 6 month grindwall you put up?  Guess what I just grinded in under a day? Lel"

I remember the devs talking about how they hate it when they put out a new high level boss and the first response is along the lines of "Guess what I just killed in one hit Lel".

It's like that with syndicates.  They put this "content" up to last players many months and then the forums get flooded with posts akin to "You know that 6 month grindwall you put up?  Guess what I just grinded in under a day? Lel"

Plenty of ppl did grinded viver for syndicate points, in order to sell the mods for platinum. There is no bloody way of decent plat income, and purchasing it got even more expensive when it's forced through steam for your regional equivalent. Good luck trying to sell anything for plat vs Ctrl+c, +v walls of texts, that outspam you in seconds you've posted anything, or try to compete with ppl that completely ruin the prices of items in plat, just to sell more of it. Curse of F2Ps is the constant requirement of you paying real money, instead of straight forward purchasing a game one time, I've bought quite a lot plat for that year I'm here, and didn't regret it much but honestly, this is just geting on my nerves.

- To that Boss kills response: And are you surprised? With the amount of weapons, and overpowered mods that we get with each update, instead of proper ballancing we keep on gaining power. And most popular warframes are the easiest ones, that are also great for boss fights: Loki that goes invisible so that boss can't do a thing vs you, and Rhino who stands there like a ...Rhino, with Iron Skin and laughs at boss. Only thing that does kill you is procs, and you suffer from using any other warframe then Rhino, because Iron Skin is way to go in any situation. As used to be Overheat for ember, which gave her some survivarability, but devs said she's not supposed to be played this way and bam, nerf was there.

And instead of proper ballancing of warframes, or looking back at old content, we get prime version of almost all warframes, and prime versions of old weapons, because it's easier to release "new" content, then to ballance the curent one.

- And to that the game is in beta, bloody yes it's a beta, the never ending beta like FireFall was. If there is major change to the game, it should be TESTED before released out for public, and not to use players as lab rats to test it on them. Good for you that you're willingly gonna be a rat. Because I refuse to

Edited by Tripfy

You are a player, yes, but you are also a beta tester, and you have been that ever since you made your account. As beta testers we get to play the game and watch it grow in exchange for reporting bugs that we find, discuss the balance of weapons, warframes and mods, test new game features and provide feedback.

You want DE to actually test content before releasing it, but guess what, they are already testing it by letting us, the beta testers, test it for them so that they can focus on the development of the game.

Also, calling beta testers lab rats because we test things for DE and provide feedback is quite harsh, as we are all doing it of our own free will. I can stop beta testing any time I want to, but I don't, because I take pride in being someone who looks for flaws, bugs and things like that so that DE can fix them and improve the quality of their product.

Does not matter what you think. Warframe don't need nerfing but this super EXP farm on Viver does. I honestly never used Viver. So now 3 really good frames that went into nerfs and buffs are now being nerfed because of a map. Nerf everything else like the OP said to. Nerf Rhino, Nerf Valkyr, nerf Saryn, Nerf Nekros, Nerf anything else that you didn't already ruin. Nerf all the weapons also! Maybe that would us from killing them so fat. I am not going to participate in your world record beating contest thing because of this, and others should also. 

The trinity Nerf may have some direct impact on some farms.  However, trinity is still best at what she does...tactics will adjust and she will still be used where needed.

The Excal and Mag debuffs only punish newer players, ones who never got to do the Viver Farm in the first place.  The Viver Farmers are mostly players who own EVERY warframe.  They will put Excal back in his little coffin for another 6 months, Mag too, and take them back out if and when they become useful.  Newer players were not allowed into the farm because of the mods/mod ranks they were missing, even if they chose to start the game with Excal and kept him.  Now they can't get into ANY good group with Excal (or mag), because...why would anyone let you in, when you can't hit half the targets-in-range with your main damage dealing ability...while other warframes can.

Dumb DE, so dumb.

The trinity Nerf may have some direct impact on some farms.  However, trinity is still best at what she does...tactics will adjust and she will still be used where needed.

The Excal and Mag debuffs only punish newer players, ones who never got to do the Viver Farm in the first place.  The Viver Farmers are mostly players who own EVERY warframe.  They will put Excal back in his little coffin for another 6 months, Mag too, and take them back out if and when they become useful.  Newer players were not allowed into the farm because of the mods/mod ranks they were missing, even if they chose to start the game with Excal and kept him.  Now they can't get into ANY good group with Excal (or mag), because...why would anyone let you in, when you can't hit half the targets-in-range with your main damage dealing ability...while other warframes can.

Dumb DE, so dumb.

OR

mag and excal can both be buffed now