Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Excalibur Really "nerfed"?

TheFapman69

As it was said in the U15.2 notes, Excalibur's Radial Javalin is apparently "nerfed" by everyone in the community. Which is wrong actually as I have tested myself. The note specifically says it will now check for a line of sight, but it really doesn't matter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0PeTva-LR4&list=UUM-npKtZMvhnJIEYKQtUXJw is a recording by me to show this off that it was NOT nerfed or really changed. Seriously people, if you're going to raise your keyboards at DE for a "change", at least try it yourself so you don't make yourself look like a fool.

Edit: I had forgotten about LoS not really meaning anything about the Camera, but the enemies sight on you. for that, I apologize on my mistake. 

Edited by xGk1

Line of Sight is NOT the same thing as Field of View. LoS is in terms of a connection between the enemy and your character. Basically think of it as: Draw a line between the enemy and your Tenno on a 2D overhead view. If anything is intercepting that line, then you don't have LoS. Field of View is whatever you see on your screen.

This IS indeed a nerf (it is a change, limiting how many enemies you can kill at a time, and it's certainly no buff, thus a nerf).

Edited by SgtFlex

What's the difference? I've tried it many times last night and nothing was different. 

It no longer affects enemies behind walls (or any kind of cover, for that matter). Knee-high cover will usually block it.

Same issue with Shield Polarize, which additionally randomly fails to affect enemies that are standing in plain sight and within ability range, as well as consistently failing to restore the caster's own shields.

Edited by HolyDonut3

It no longer affects enemies behind walls (or any kind of cover, for that matter). Knee-high cover will usually block it.

That was changed long ago and means absolutely nothing to what everyone is crying about.

The enemies in your video were in your line of sight. Camera has nothing to do with line of sight.

If you were paying attention, every time I used it, I was turned away from where anything else was.

That was changed long ago and means absolutely nothing to what everyone is crying about.

If you were paying attention, every time I used it, I was turned away from where anything else was.

LoS has nothing to do with your camera FOV. Also with U15 Radial Javelin was changed to hit all enemies regardless of obstacles, it was part of the Excalibur's so-called rework. Now that has been reverted.

that kill in 0.17 the corpus was behind that panel...

So.. yep. i don't see any problem. -.-

That is highly unreliable and inconsistent at the moment. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I posted it in another topic but here we go again...

Here is how RJ works right now (15.2.0):

About Radial Javelin, so far I tested and there is how I think it works:

1-> Enemy see you and get you in his/her memory;

2-> Excalibro casts RJ;

3-> Verify the Memory of all enemies in the RJ range.

4-> If you are in the Enemy Memory then it will receive a Javelin, if not then ignore.

No one really looked at the part in the notes "Enemies now have memory" and this is the main point here, at least with RJ.

So far I tested and:

|-- still can hit enemies behind cover/walls ;

|-- still can hit ilimited # of enemies, they just have to respect the skill mechanics now.

Excal wasn't nerfed, just fixed so you have to move instead of keep pushing a button.

I also believe that EV from Trinity works the same way: If you are in the enemy Memory when the skill is casted then he will give energy to you, if not then ignore.

this guy knows what's up.  if you were constantly moving and being near enemies (and maybe use super jump so that everyone sees you) then they would die even behind cover. this is a big step forward to an actual play-style and not a stand on the pod and hit 4 every X seconds..

Here is a good example (with 1337 paint skills) about how LoS works (Notice that FoV/Camera doesn't affect ANYTHING)

a42fbdd40b.png

Obstacles can include any sort of cover/wall, etc.

I would like to say that is a beautiful painting. Needs to be in every art museum. But in all seriousness I did forget about that. Oh well, mistakes made.

this guy knows what's up.  if you were constantly moving and being near enemies (and maybe use super jump so that everyone sees you) then they would die even behind cover. this is a big step forward to an actual play-style and not a stand on the pod and hit 4 every X seconds..

Here's the problem, though.

You go invis while Super Jumping now.

This IS indeed a nerf (it is a change, limiting how many enemies you can kill at a time, and it's certainly no buff, thus a nerf).

Edit: I had forgotten about LoS not really meaning anything about the Camera, but the enemies sight on you. for that, I apologize on my mistake.

Yup... well, wait until the nerf-bat also hits, say, Loki's RD as if this continues and expanding on LoS logic, the pain will be even more apparent, assuming Loki is your favorite. Edited by ndantony